Asian cover bands rock!!!

PDA

View Full Version : Asian cover bands rock!!!

rhcpjhlz
06-22-2008, 04:13 PM
So i just went on a cruise and couldn't bring my guitar for the whole 9 days which was terrible. But on the last night of the cruise, me and my friend found this asian cover band, called Music Power, in a little bar on the back of the boat. We walked in, feeling pretty good with little bottles full of Crown Royal, and they were pretty good. They covered Pink Floyd's Brick in the wall Pt 2, hotel california, dust in the wind, some journey, Jim Croce, all the way to Brooks and Dunn. They took a half hour break and I went over and talked to the guitar player for a while which was cool because he'd been playing for 25 years and had a lot of good advice and cool stories about meeting people.

Anyways, toward the end of their show, they asked if me and my friend wanted to join them and I got to play this guy's custom Ibanez. It was six different guitars combined to make one, and everything about it played perfectly. Well we got to play Under the Bridge which was cool because none of them knew the song, but they pretty much figured it out by the end of the song.

I know this is pointless, but I had to tell the story because I'm bored and it's awesome.

OrangePossum
06-22-2008, 04:15 PM
That's pretty damn awesome. None of them knew Under the Bridge though? Hmm...

EDIT: I went on a cruise 4 years ago. I don't remember what the band played, originals or covers, but they sucked. I just remember being awake at 1:30 in the morning and watching some scene kid play some cool acoustic songs.

filthandfury
Awesome.

IMABBALLPLAYER
It was six different guitars combined to make one, and everything about it played perfectly.
That sounds awesome.

CLIFF_BURTON
06-22-2008, 04:17 PM
Last cruise I went on... reggae was never the same to me :) I also bought a pair of steel drums

flipthatchicken
06-22-2008, 04:18 PM
Reeks of awesomeness!!

DeSean
06-22-2008, 04:19 PM
How was it 6 guitars in one?

rhcpjhlz
06-22-2008, 04:21 PM
He took six guitars apart and took the best from each and combined them to make one bitchin axe

stinger12345
06-24-2008, 12:19 AM
Don't be too flabbergasted now...Asians DO have the ability to be as good of musicians as white people can

Tster
06-24-2008, 05:33 AM
Don't be too flabbergasted now...Asians DO have the ability to be as good of musicians as white people can

who said they couldn't be?

stinger12345
06-24-2008, 06:27 AM
Ah that was just the vibe I got from the orig post.