Murder On Fleet Street íC4C! [gp5/4/midi] +MePlayingIt

PDA

View Full Version : Murder On Fleet Street íC4C! [gp5/4/midi] +MePlayingIt

Djevik
07-10-2008, 12:46 PM
This is the tab for my new original, Murder On Fleet Street.

There are a few differences between the tab and my actual recording. The intro has a very small melody played by the 2nd clean guitar. The 2nd Gtr also does a bluesy little riff thing right before the solo. And at the end, I did the actual "murder" by complete improv.

Here is the recording:
http://www.ultimate-guitar.com/forum/showthread.php?t=906168

Anyway, listen to it and tell me what you think! And leave a comment!!!

-Dj

dream{M}theater
07-10-2008, 01:13 PM
I really like the style of the song and all the clean guitars. I don't think the overdriven guitar should come in so early.
Also, I find the ending to be very weak.

Djevik
07-10-2008, 01:24 PM
Are you referring to the ending in the tab or the actual mp3 recording?

Because the ending I have in the actual recording isn't tabbed out. It's just improv guitar "vocals" and a scream..

Td_Nights
07-10-2008, 02:42 PM
I don't like the recorded version very much.

The distorted guitar drowns out just about everything else, and the ending, although improvised, didn't seem to fit hardly at all.

Djevik
07-10-2008, 06:59 PM
Ok man, I know this isn't going to jive well with the main stream rockers here. This is just something that made me laugh when I played it.

The intro was just supposed to sound a like a standard old english day (actually sounds like a Polish jig). Then the electric guitar (sweeny) fades in. Then takes over. Then it cuts out to the actual scene. The door opens, a small conversation, then a scream cut short, and the door closes.

I guess you'd have to watch the movie, or any other one by Tim Burton, to get into the groove.

Td_Nights
07-11-2008, 01:41 PM
Ok man, I know this isn't going to jive well with the main stream rockers here. This is just something that made me laugh when I played it.

The intro was just supposed to sound a like a standard old english day (actually sounds like a Polish jig). Then the electric guitar (sweeny) fades in. Then takes over. Then it cuts out to the actual scene. The door opens, a small conversation, then a scream cut short, and the door closes.

I guess you'd have to watch the movie, or any other one by Tim Burton, to get into the groove.
I'm not really a movie person, I wish you would've clarified what it was supposed to 'go with' in your original post.

icronic
07-11-2008, 02:16 PM
This is pretty hilarious. I can totally see the influence.

I like it overall, lots of cool ideas, and you really captured the theme well.

I didn't like the sound of the overdrive guitar in the recording at all, it just didn't work. I really think a much cleaner sound would have suited it better. I do like the part itself though, it's a really nice solo.

The ending also could use a little work. I see what you're trying to do with it in the recording, but it just doesn't seem quite right.

Anyway, it's still very cool and unique.

Djevik
07-12-2008, 11:31 PM
Hey thanks icronic,

I'll tone the solo down a bit if I ever rerecord this.