Intro (Metal) [GP5, GP4, MIDI] C4C

PDA

View Full Version : Intro (Metal) [GP5, GP4, MIDI] C4C

Moose45
07-13-2008, 02:41 PM
I have been writing in drop c and this is the only decent thing I could come up with that wasn't completely metalcore...even though it could be. Its just an intro, because I suck at writing transitions and whole songs. Let me know what you think please.

Moose45
07-13-2008, 04:58 PM
Anyone?

Its_Rock77
07-13-2008, 06:05 PM
I'm not sure why you bumped this since there's hardly anything else in T&C since 2 hours ago...

but this was okay. It really didn't do anything for me though. You shouldn't throw ideas away because they "sound metalcore" either. If you are starting to write something, just go with it. Don't worry about genres. It'll make everything better and easier. but continue this. I'd like to see more, because the guitar riff does have potential. :cheers:

C4C of something in my sig?

Moose45
07-13-2008, 06:11 PM
Well, the thing about when I make metalcore is, that is sounds almost exactly like As I Lay Dying riffs, which bugs me. I'll crit the top one.

icronic
07-13-2008, 06:29 PM
Like Rock said, it's okay. It has the potential to turn into a good song if you can follow through with it, but there's really not enough there to say much more than that.

What I can say is, don't toss away ideas, ever. I've got a GP file at least 10 minutes long that just consists of scrapped ideas that never made it. The only way you'll ever get better at full songs or writing transitions is by practicing it until you get it right. I think that's kind of the way it goes. Peoples crit here goes a long way too, but you've actually got to show us what you've got first.

And even if your stuff sounds too much like someone else... So what? If you can write a good song that sounds too much like As I Lay Dying do it. Writing in a way that you're naturally good at will make it so much easier to branch off into things that you're not quite as good at.

Lastly, don't bump your stuff, just crit other peoples stuff and hopefully they'll return the favour. :)