Living for the Deader [Edit-Final] GP5.2/GP4/Midi

PDA

View Full Version : Living for the Deader [Edit-Final] GP5.2/GP4/Midi

Sum41DudeRob
07-14-2008, 07:44 PM
Welp, after suggestions by LucasGtrGod, I have edited this, and it is now longer than the original. Before the edits, it was 6:12, after removing a couple sections and adding a bit on to a certain bit, it now stands at 8:09.

So I *HOPE* y'all enjoy this more than the original. :D

Boom ch ka!
09-27-2008, 08:00 PM
Sorry for the late reply :P

Intro is sweet. When the whole band came in it sounded a lot better. I think bar 31 should have built up to something bigger. All the lead stuff is sweet though. I not sure i like the break how it slows down, i think it'd be better to keep it fast. Good leads again, you finished that part well. The bass part is awesome. Transition is a bit awkward, but awesome solo after it. Not sure about 208, needs some backing in it i think. I think it dragged on a bit too long :P , and the drums needs some more life to them, and make it flow a bit better in some transitions but apart from that you got some real good ideas there. Good job!

bloodshed344
09-28-2008, 04:09 AM
I agree with him, adding that it gets repetitive a lot, the samey sounding solos probably make this problem worse, and it kind of fizzled my interest out until it picked up the pace near the end. With more work this could be great.

frankibo
02-24-2010, 01:56 PM
Clean and acoustic sections sounded good, some really nice melodies.
Unfortunately i found all the distorted riffs to be very slow and repetitive and inevitably tediously boring. lead spiced it up but i thought those riffs brought it down.
Drums could do with work as well in places.

soundgarden1986
02-27-2010, 10:15 AM
Crit as I listen

The intro starts off good. I like the harmonies going on. When the distorted riff comes in, I think some alternating chords could do it some good. Just a light change (A switch from an Fsus4 to the F minor during the first distorted section or something like that). The solo is good, no gripes about it. I really like the clean part around Bar 157. It is by ar my favorite so far. The solo is still strong. I'm liking Bar 227 when the pace picks up a bit. It just feels like it took forever to get here. I'm agreeing with the other posters about it being repetitive, but at least it sounds good. I feel it could do without Measure 290+. I did not enjoy it