Short Rock / Metal Instrumental

PDA

View Full Version : Short Rock / Metal Instrumental

thesyndicate
07-14-2008, 08:44 PM
It's very simple, but I quite enjoy playing it, I was wondering what everyone else thought.

seanius
07-14-2008, 09:04 PM
Well, like you said, it's fairly simple. But im a huge melodic death/thrash metal fan so i thought this was great. It's definately one of them songs that would song better recorded but midi is good too. :)

The way the guitars switch at the beginning is great in my opinion. The drums are good, but some cymbals would be nice. The part that starts at 1:21 sounds a bit messy but i think thats just the guitars clashing on the midi (not sure). At 1:35, dunno why but i love that part. =/ Perhaps add to the song, make it a little longer.
Theres not really much to say about this song other than what i already have. Any chance you could record this instead? All in all, 8/10 just for this, mainly 'cause i love this style. :)

Was gonna ask you to crit mine but it would seem you got to it before i could do so. Thanks for the crit.

Skillet_Panhead
07-14-2008, 11:28 PM
This sounds like some deep jungle theme song to me ;) But don't take that the wrong way, because it's sweet. All the short choppiness, combined with the fast mayhem every once in a while works quite well. As seanius said though, this song does seem to end before it starts. Lengthen it up and it'll be even better. Maybe add a few new licks into the fray. That'd be pretty awesome. 8/10 for sure. I think you should record it with the lengthened version instead of a midi. Like do a midi/mp3 combo next time when you (if you) make it longer. That'd be cool.

Care to check mine out and leave some feedback?
http://www.ultimate-guitar.com/forum/showthread.php?t=909868
Much appreciated bro :D