EP Intro- Acoustical Metal? [GP5, GP4, MIDI]

PDA

View Full Version : EP Intro- Acoustical Metal? [GP5, GP4, MIDI]

FlyingPooooo
07-14-2008, 11:53 PM
This is the Intro we have written for upcoming EP.
Any suggestions would be nice.

Yes, I know the fourth chord sounds weird on GP.
With human playing it sounds right.
But if you have a better suggestion let me know.

I'll crit yours if you link.
-Caleb Jones

www.myspace.com/pardontheinsolence

uberphreak
07-15-2008, 12:02 AM
Overall it's pretty goddamn badass... if I had to make one suggestion it would be to fiddle with the cymbal fill on measure 16... it sounds a little out of place. Nice work though.

FlyingPooooo
07-15-2008, 12:05 AM
Its supposed to be a reverse cymbal but I can't get it to work the way I want.
But thanks man.

Skillet_Panhead
07-15-2008, 10:12 AM
Dude, I was gonna check this out whether you checked mine out or not, cuz it sounded cool... AND IT WAS! I gotta say there isn't much more you could do to this thing to perfect it. It's perfect as is, hand's down. And if this is just the intro, I bet the album's gonna be even more amazing. Post a recorded version of this when you're finished, will ya? That'd be awesome.

FlyingPooooo
07-15-2008, 11:55 AM
I sure will man. I actually have made this better, I added a Piano track that doubles Caleb Anthony's clean part.

seanius
07-15-2008, 12:37 PM
I agree with what the other two have said. It sounds really good, definately a great intro which hopefully leads into an even better song? Not really much to say other than it was great. With the reverse cymbal, have you tried a "volume swell" on it? It may work, i can't actually tell you much 'cause i'm stuck with powertab at the moment. :(

All in all, for an intro to an album 9/10. As said before please record this.

Mind checking out my acoustic song? ( http://www.ultimate-guitar.com/forum/showthread.php?t=909769 )

b101
07-15-2008, 04:47 PM
with the reverse cymbal thing, I find the best thing is just to do it on normal drums. Basically:

- on the second half of the bar, alternate on either sixteenth notes or quarter triplets between 49 and 57 (the two cymbals), so the drum line in gpro reads something like this:

(semi-breve/2 note rest) 57 49 57 49 57 49 57 49 57 49

- then simply do a volume swell on the first "57" by going into mix table (the slider with the green/red background and raising the volume over 2 beats)

---

anyway, other than that, pretty cool intro - annoying how gpro doesn't play that chord properly as it sounds awesome when played on acoustic. Personally I usually like a little melodic solo in an intro but hey, that's just me! keep it up

FlyingPooooo
07-15-2008, 10:44 PM
I actually figured that out about an hour ago.
I've seen other people do so yes, now it sounds right.
Thanks a lot dude.

I was thinking about putting some sort of lead our music has enough solo's and stuff.
This is just a pre-lude. I wanted to keep it short while just grasping their attention.