Metalcore Song,[Gp5,Gp4]

PDA

View Full Version : Metalcore Song,[Gp5,Gp4]

MattAnderson111
07-16-2008, 03:12 AM
Hey guys, this is my finished metalcore song, i made it in about 2 hours, i like it...
Please, constructive criticism is encouraged and C4C!

P.S. I made this song after listening to bullet for my valentine.

EDIT: I added more solo, and an outro!

M Rebellion
07-16-2008, 03:41 AM
Sounds awesome, love the rhythm in the verse, and the harmonies in a few places. I can feel the BFMV mixed in somewhere (post solo-Tears Don't Fall) and the general galloping rhythm in parts, but that's a good thing. For a song that took two hours that's some very good work!
And are you Matt B or Matt K? Because your username says Matt A. Or is that your secret identity? :eek:

lionslicer9999
07-16-2008, 03:42 AM
It's a good song, but it's not that origional, just sounds like a song every metalcore band has made. Don't get me wrong, it took talent and skill to make it, but it's just ehhh.

MattAnderson111
07-16-2008, 03:45 AM
Matt A is a east coast musician i like, im matt b. alottta matts....

lionslicer, sorry if it sounds unoriginal, metalcore is a very hard genre to make sound orignal and im trying to do that on my next song.

ill crit your guys songs

thanks

FlyingPooooo
07-16-2008, 12:17 PM
Whoever said this is unoriginal metalcore is smoking something.
This is really good stuff.

All of it is really good.
Minus the drums.
Its kinda lacking but oh well.

Overall good job.

Crit one of these?
http://www.ultimate-guitar.com/forum/showthread.php?p=15294358#post15294358
http://www.ultimate-guitar.com/forum/showthread.php?p=15271384#post15271384

envoykrawkwar7
07-16-2008, 02:26 PM
yeah, bfmv like crazy in there
but thats a good thing because even though it was apparant, you made it your own
loved the solo, you really got the right techniques down in there to make it fit
your kinda lacking abreakdown i think
but other than that, it was great, couldve used somemore of those nice pedaltone riffs haha
but overall you get a 10/10, cuz i just loved it all the way through
awesome job there

c4c?http://www.ultimate-guitar.com/forum/showthread.php?t=911158

Mack56
07-16-2008, 03:14 PM
imo, the intro sounds dissonant. and not so much fun dissonant but "huh?" dissonant.

other than that, i really liked it. good song

Skillet_Panhead
07-16-2008, 11:14 PM
I think you totally aced the BFMV sound in this song. Whether you were intentionally going for it or not, it sounds like Bullet. You should send this song to the band, see if they use it on an album rofl. Now wouldn't THAT be cool?

Anyway, I, myself, am a huge sucker for harmonies, and the ones you had were awesome. The solo seemed a little short to me but still packed a punch (hey, it's better than MY solos :P). So keep it up! I wanna hear more.

MattAnderson111
07-17-2008, 12:51 AM
Yeah, i was thinking of making this song longer, cuz it only hits the 2:30 mark

kylendm
07-17-2008, 09:01 PM
Haha i agree with everyone else. Bullet sound. defiantly a good song though. the Harmonies were great in it and flowed nicely. The only parts i wasn't so fond for were the solo, the outro, and the length. Over all id give it 8.5/10 but it was a really good song.

Skillet_Panhead
07-17-2008, 09:07 PM
Hah, I just had to take another look, and I like the additions. The solo seems to repeat itself a little too much now though, but what the heck, it works. Great job!

M-String
07-18-2008, 01:42 PM
Intro- Really nice, sets a good mood, i just don't like those triplets on measure 9 for the drums, i can see what you going for, try;
36-36-40-40-40-40-40-48-48-48-47-47
|-16th notes-|-------triplets--------|-8th--|
tell me if that works for ya, if it doesn't ok, you may have better taste than me.

Verse- Sounds good, really like 17

Chorus- Pretty nice, its a lot less intense, but still maintains a pretty good metal beat, and the 16th notes on the bass drum sound real nice.

Post Chor/Pre-Break- There is something about it i don't like, its hard for me to tell, something happened in 28 i didn't like not quite sure

Break Down- 30/31 sounds really cool, fun little riff that only uses one little power chord, 32-35 is pretty cool, but the drums should have a little more, uh... more, sorry i can't think of a word.

Verse- same comment as the first verse

Solo- Pretty average solo untill 51, that little riff thing is awesome, w/the palm mutes i also like the fact that the two guitars aren't play'n the same thing, sounds really really cool.

Chorus- Again, less intense, hope u have intense enough lyrics to make up for it. :)

Outro- Sounds more like an intro, lol. but it was cool sounding, it got kinda repetitive but if you do have words for the song, that will fix it right up.

Overall, a really good, metal song, good use of the studio guitar, kinda odd tuning i havn't seen to much real nice. And a pretty original song structure, but it still had a couple of repetitive parts and a couple odd notes here and there, like any other song in the world. 9/10 BTW, thx for criting my song, i like to crit other ppl's songs the same way they crit mine :)