View Full Version : Death Metal (GP5.0)

bakshandloomis
07-17-2008, 08:06 AM
I believe it's Death Metal anyways.
C4C.

lionslicer9999
07-17-2008, 08:15 AM
More along the lines of grindcore.

But anyways, for the most part it was good and kinda groovy.

MattAnderson111
07-17-2008, 11:00 AM
If you can play this, kudos.

I'm not really into grindcore, which it sounds like,

and these are same fast riffs and solos.

But good song.......8/10

Burning_Angel
07-17-2008, 01:41 PM
Some of it is close to death metal... But mostly, it seems like Deathcore.

Although, this is a lot better than the last one. So, good job.

ctfod
07-17-2008, 02:18 PM
There's a lot a great things about this, but one of the things I didn't really like was when the intro riff kicked in at the end, because I thought it sounded a little out of place against the melodic riff that came before it. It could have been pulled off nicely, but I thought that the ending was a weak point in an otherwise damn solid song, 8/10

BTW if you can play the shreddy riffs then you're golden.

C4C? (http://ultimate-guitar.com/forum/showthread.php?t=907281)

Skillet_Panhead
07-17-2008, 06:21 PM
It's a decent song, but to me seems almost humanly impossible to play. But if you can actually play that, more power to ya.

3 things:

1) Measures 46-49--I really don't like the stops and starts here. They sound very strange and I think need some looking into.

2) Measures 36-41 (oops, backtracked and didn't realize it...)--The choppiness just didn't rub off on me that well here, must not be my style of music.

3) This one should be obvious no matter what the musical preferance--fix your outro. It just seems to be moving at too fast a pace to have such an abrupt stop. I didn't have any problem with the intro riff coming back, but it stopped WAY too fast. At least let that last chord ring a couple measures into a fade.

http://www.ultimate-guitar.com/forum/showthread.php?t=909868
Wanna take a look at mine? They're a little slower than that though, no offense :P

VengeanceIsMine
07-17-2008, 06:47 PM
That was actually very good I'd give it a 9/10. I don't see why everyone else says it sounds like Grindcore. It sounds a lot like Heartwork era Carcass to me with a couple of breakdowns thrown in. The riffs are really nice man and the bass lines are tight which I as a bassist can appreciate. The song also seems very hard to play. The only thing that bothered me at all about the song were the breakdowns. I've never been a big fan of breakdowns but I think that If they're done right they can sound really cool, but the breakdowns in your song were similar to the usual double bass drum and chugging type breakdown I'm used to hearing in Metalcore/Deathcore. I like that the song is really fast paced though and the drumming is done quite well too.

Here's the one I made in case you want to crit it.

http://ultimate-guitar.com/forum/showthread.php?p=15317339#post15317339

Burning_Angel
07-17-2008, 06:47 PM
It's a decent song, but to me seems almost humanly impossible to play. But if you can actually play that, more power to ya.
:P
Listen to Necrophagist, Nile, or Cannibal Corpse. Way more technical than this piece.