Untitled Melodic Metal (MIDI, C4C)

PDA

View Full Version : Untitled Melodic Metal (MIDI, C4C)

Slaytanic1993
07-20-2008, 09:36 PM
The only part I can take credit for this is the arrangement as my bassist wrote the riffs and lead bit. It sounds a bit NWOBHM-ish (well, early Maiden at least :p: ). I just want to know UG's whoile opinion on it.

Of course, this is a bit more radio-rock leaning, and the lack of vocals may make it a tad monotonous. I must say I like the intro though.

Enjoy.

GOREDIT: I fixed it up a bit, by extending the solo into full solos. The solos are both improv, so they might not be 100% finished. I might work on this more tomorrow.

dminishedthingy
07-20-2008, 11:34 PM
hmm, i see what you mean, i can definitey feel the maiden-ness (although i think it might help to make the bass line a bit more Harrisish)

i also think that the rhythm could be doing a bit more than just that one chord under the solo

i thought it was a bit odd where the solo cut off around 1:40, but i did like the solo itself

just a suggestion, but i think a harmony part would sound great with the main riff

not really my style, but all in all i thought it was pretty good

Slaytanic1993
07-20-2008, 11:35 PM
Well, I don't want it to be an exact copy of a Maiden song :haha

But, yeah, I dunno if he's working on it more or anything...I might work on it a bit and see what happens.

Jaxoo
07-21-2008, 01:12 AM
Yeah, i see the maiden-ness. not a huge fan of the solos, but the rest of the song meshes well. would sound better with drums too...

Nice work though, keep it up.

Phill-Rock
07-21-2008, 03:21 PM
I think that without vocals, there's not enough there to stay interested.

Mudhippy2011
07-22-2008, 08:48 AM
I liked it. Intro was cool, solos were nice, and just reminds me of old style maiden. Only problems were lack of drums and vocals, and the verse just seemed "iffy" to me.