Confidence [gp4/5,Midi] Pop/Metal

PDA

View Full Version : Confidence [gp4/5,Midi] Pop/Metal

.Joker.
07-22-2008, 11:03 PM
My first tab posted, definitely not the first made though, don't let that scare you away from listening. :p:
Not really sure of the genre, has a metal feel with pop/punk influences I guess.

Its_Rock77
07-22-2008, 11:23 PM
awesome song.

can't give you much more. sorry. :/

I want you to record this sometime and give it to me with some vocals. cause I can imagine some epic stuff going on with vocals in there. :)

it reminded me of some song that I really like, but I can't think of what it was. but anyways, amazing song. I loved it.

Burning_Angel
07-22-2008, 11:51 PM
Note: Before I crit, I would like to say, I am not a fan of metalcore (which, this piece reeks of).

But, I cannot ignore the execution of the piece. It was executed fantastically, every melody was great, the solo and piano part were cool, and the chorus was fun. I cant really see a glaring flaw. Everything was great.

So, from a non metalcore fan, that must mean this song is pretty damn awesome.

Its_Rock77
07-23-2008, 12:05 AM
I'm not an expert on metalcore, but from past T&C experience, this doesn't seem to be what many would classify as metalcore. :confused:

seemed more like simply rock/alternative to me.

Burning_Angel
07-23-2008, 01:14 AM
It's got a metalcore vibe, and uses octave chords a lot, which are abundant in metalcore. Plus some chugging riffs = metalcore.

bakshandloomis
07-23-2008, 05:12 AM
It's a wee bit metalcore, but certainly not generic metalcore, which is rare. Nothing much to actually crit on though, it's a great song. I really enjoyed the chorus and the solo. I guess the only thing you can do to make it any better is make a more interesting bass line, root notes are a bit boring.

..NEM..
07-23-2008, 08:10 AM
I really liked that, especially that synth/piano interlude.

The only thing I think you should change is the bass, to make the bass lines more interesting, and in the outro in the key change to let that go on for a bit longer vefore fading out.

8/10

Ailes
07-23-2008, 07:36 PM
Really neat. Sounds like something Bullet for my Valentine would do, so it's all fair to call this metalcore (maybe with the caveat "mainstream..")

I wouldn't really worry about the bassline, it gets the job done and there's no point where I feel it is missing or should do more. It's what the bassist of a real band playing this song basically would be doing 95% of the time anyway. (+ probably incorporating some fills at the end of every bar now and then, to not be completely bored).
Kudos for keeping it all playable yet interesting.

Arrangement shows you know what you're doing. Enough variety (and not too much), coherent structure, no part was off. For a radio-friendly modern track it hits all the right notes: driving intro, catchy riff, anthemic chorus. Solo got the job done: I would argue about incorporating some harmonies, but then again the background strings do fatten it up enough. The scale-runs were not the most imaginative in the world, but there are just two of them anyway.