Untitled Metalcorish Song, C4C (.tg, Midi)

PDA

View Full Version : Untitled Metalcorish Song, C4C (.tg, Midi)

Mudhippy2011
07-23-2008, 08:20 PM
First song I have ever put on UG, so I'm hoping for some positive feedback! :)

Couple notes on it, I made it in tux guitar, so I have no idea if it works on GP and PT. Also, its a really rough version, and I'm probably going to change a lot (solo and verse mainly) before it is finished.

Enjoy!

icronic
07-23-2008, 08:55 PM
You had great riffs, and the solo was pretty good too.

The transitions from slow to fast riffs need some work though, it's not as smooth and seamless as it could be.

Also you are repeating yourself quite a bit, adding some more variation into the riffs would really enhance things a lot.

Overall though I think you've got a great start.

ch715dallat
07-23-2008, 09:17 PM
nice breakdowns :headbang:

Mudhippy2011
07-23-2008, 09:37 PM
Started off as a breakdown, now its a chorus. :D (See? I said Meatalcorish, not metalcore. I still like it though.)

Hippy edit: Lyrics are gonna be added soon, and I'm trying to find a singer in the area. Thats why I kinda repeated a lot. Also, anybody try out .tg files on guitar pro or power tab? I kinda want to know if they work together.

icronic
07-23-2008, 11:12 PM
Started off as a breakdown, now its a chorus. :D (See? I said Meatalcorish, not metalcore. I still like it though.)

Hippy edit: Lyrics are gonna be added soon, and I'm trying to find a singer in the area. Thats why I kinda repeated a lot. Also, anybody try out .tg files on guitar pro or power tab? I kinda want to know if they work together.

You can't open TG files with GP or PT, but you can export them from tux to those formats with this http://www.tuxguitar.com.ar/tgwiki/doku.php?id=doc:tuxguitar_converter

Stewie4gov
07-23-2008, 11:51 PM
i really like it. sounds like it cud be a really good hard rock/metal song. i think that at the end of the solo where u have the hold notes you shud add a more intense solo. it kinda builds but then u just end it. overall good job.

FlyingPooooo
07-24-2008, 12:32 AM
Thats one of the better songs i've heard in a while.
Like mentioned before the tempo changes are...awkward.
The breakdowns are great, I wanna hear vocals over it.

C4C?
http://www.ultimate-guitar.com/forum/showthread.php?p=15294358#post15294358

bloodshed344
07-25-2008, 04:34 PM
The riffs I did like were pretty good, however there was one riff I didn't like. The 8/4 riff, which I'm assuming is the verse. I just plain didn't like it, just not good in my opinion. However the other riffs were good and the minisolo was great, but kind of sudden. Work on the transitions a bit more like the others said.