Jack Daniels Makes Me Emotional. [Gp5, GP4, Midi]

PDA

View Full Version : Jack Daniels Makes Me Emotional. [Gp5, GP4, Midi]

FlyingPooooo
07-25-2008, 08:46 AM
This is the last song being written for a while now.
Its the final song being put on our EP.
So, I'm glad to be finally done with the writing process.

ANYWAYS, I put a lot of time into this song.
Its not spit shine polished but like all the others this is just a way to organize.

C4C.

Valo
07-25-2008, 08:50 AM
Didn't you post this before?
I remember it, unless its changed up and stuff...

Sorry, I'm at work and unable to download stuff right now, haha.

calebcantshred
07-25-2008, 12:34 PM
no, this is a new song.

download it when you can. let us know what you think. :D

FlyingPooooo
07-26-2008, 05:25 PM
Yeah, it is new.
I've been posting a lot of songs lately though.
I just need help because we are about to record ALL of them for our EP.

br0k3n1n5an1ty
07-27-2008, 10:57 PM
I enjoyed most of this piece thought it does have a few flaws i think that would make it a better song. The lack of bass is very apparent. It doesn't give it the balls that make this genre of music. And i think possibly harmonizing the riff in bars 36-43 on the second repeat might add a little flair. Overall, a job well done.

FlyingPooooo
07-27-2008, 11:34 PM
Yeah it would im not going to lie, im just to lazy to add the bass line. I just do this to organize the song in my mind. Hmm, I never thought about that. I think I will do that. Thanks man.

danastasi
07-28-2008, 12:13 AM
Hey mate,

I really liked it.

As ^^ said, I think the bass line would really give it a lot more punch. The harmonies are also good.

I found however that it tended to be a little disjointed due to so many riffs - were you writing the song with the intention of having numerous riffs and not repeating many?

Each to their own in this respect, but I still think its a great song.

Well done!

btw, if you get 2 seconds can you pls critique my song at http://www.ultimate-guitar.com/forum/showthread.php?t=919746

Cheers,

Dan

FlyingPooooo
07-28-2008, 12:07 PM
Alright, I added a bass line, made the breakdown better, and harmonized the second chorus.
=D

gallagher2006
07-28-2008, 02:09 PM
Eh...nothing that hasn't been posted here a thousand times...still, a few nice melodies in there

fezrockz
07-28-2008, 03:31 PM
I like the melody at 28 a lot for every instrument

36 i love the notes you throw in but I think you should definatlay add more of those (:
(IE. Measure 42 and the end of measure 37)

I didn't really like the measure 45-....52? Kinda bland

measures 56-69 were amazing keep them just like they are

kylendm
07-28-2008, 03:44 PM
I liked it but i would recommend the bassist to have a simpler part. When it plays almost the same thing as the guitar it sounds kinda odd and its also pretty hard for the bassist. Also i noticed the bass was in the same tuning as the guitar which is a no no. drop tune the son of a bitch. I put it to C2 haha and sounded so much better. But I'm no real bassist so maybe i have no clue what I'm talking about. Anyways other than the bass i think it was pretty good. You had some good technical breakdowns in there that i liked. Over all good job 8/10. Fix the bass a bit and it would be better in my opinion.