The Ancient North, Melodic Black Metal -GP5, MIDI, C4C-

PDA

View Full Version : The Ancient North, Melodic Black Metal -GP5, MIDI, C4C-

Slaytanic1993
07-25-2008, 05:12 PM
As the title says, it's just another melodic black metal song, I think my fifth, and is one of my favorites because of the little power chorded chorus bit that kind of jumps out at you.

Enjoy.

AA00P
07-25-2008, 05:19 PM
You're right about the chorus 'jumping out at you'.

Good song.

Broadsword
07-25-2008, 08:02 PM
My eyes must be deceiving me. A song from you in GP? With a bass line, to boot? :eek:

Anyways, I could hear some Bathory influence in there, and I dig the old school vibe it has. I felt the song lacked a definitive section, though, something to make a solid song great. Perhaps a slow, melodic break with a solo on top, a la Dissection?

Slaytanic1993
07-25-2008, 08:19 PM
My eyes must be deceiving me. A song from you in GP? With a bass line, to boot? :eek:

Anyways, I could hear some Bathory influence in there, and I dig the old school vibe it has. I felt the song lacked a definitive section, though, something to make a solid song great. Perhaps a slow, melodic break with a solo on top, a la Dissection?

Yeah, I dunno, I felt weak when the torrent finished :p:

But, about the song, my influence for my BM stuff is mostly Bathory and Immortal so yay! But, I dunno, I might leave it as is, because I'm the fan of "If it isn't broken, you don't have to fix it" method :p:. Anything you want me to crit?

bloodshed344
07-25-2008, 08:21 PM
(I don't expect a C4C from this or whatever, this just a quick crit)

I have never actually listened to black metal so I don't really know how this is supposed to sound, but at first I didn't like it then it slowly grew on me. Now I can't get that chorus out of my head, this is a pretty decent song as it is, although more changeups, fills, variations and such would help.

Broadsword
07-25-2008, 08:40 PM
Yeah, I dunno, I felt weak when the torrent finished :p:

But, about the song, my influence for my BM stuff is mostly Bathory and Immortal so yay! But, I dunno, I might leave it as is, because I'm the fan of "If it isn't broken, you don't have to fix it" method :p:. Anything you want me to crit?

Yeah, the influence definitely shows. And, the song works either way. It certainly isn't broken.

A free crit, on me.

NosferatuZodd09
07-26-2008, 01:21 AM
measure 26 sounded a bit funny
otherwise it was solid and had a nice feel
not really what I'd expect from MBM -dunno sacramentum or that other slab of bands lol (dawn and ... the other whichs name i always forget)-