Treading Water (GP5 MIDI)

PDA

View Full Version : Treading Water (GP5 MIDI)

opc100
07-26-2008, 08:17 AM
I posted the half written lyrics to this the other day, so here's the music.
It's kind of an indie song.

Laces Out Danny
07-26-2008, 08:34 AM
I liked it. Especially the drums

fezrockz
07-28-2008, 02:21 AM
Yeah the drums were well written!

I liked the song.
The bridge was my favorite (:

It was very relaxing
but I think it lacked a little creativity but maybe thats just cause I listen to super prog stuff (: haha

good work!

c4c?
http://ultimate-guitar.com/forum/showthread.php?t=918981

gary2damax
07-28-2008, 07:08 AM
I agree, the drum work was well written. The song flows well, and the parts go together very well. This is a nice song, good job.

St.Loony
07-30-2008, 09:42 AM
The bass didn't sound right at all to me. It just doesn't fir any of the parts. Maybe you could work on that. The intro is catchy. I'm glad you went back to it in the bridge. Verse is simple but sweet. I could imagine lyrics over that. The pre chorus was a good idea but some of the chord changes didn't work for me. Chorus is again catchy. Could imagine lyrics over that too. Again, verse is pretty cool.

The only thing I could find wrong with the song is the bass didn't work at all for me. It just sounded off. And some of the chords don't work for me(especially in the pre -chorus). Plus I think theres to many crash symbols (That's coming from a metalhead :haha). Theres just some are not needed. Other then that pretty good tune. 8.5/10

opc100
07-30-2008, 10:56 AM
The bass didn't sound right at all to me. It just doesn't fir any of the parts. Maybe you could work on that. The intro is catchy. I'm glad you went back to it in the bridge. Verse is simple but sweet. I could imagine lyrics over that. The pre chorus was a good idea but some of the chord changes didn't work for me. Chorus is again catchy. Could imagine lyrics over that too. Again, verse is pretty cool.

The only thing I could find wrong with the song is the bass didn't work at all for me. It just sounded off. And some of the chords don't work for me(especially in the pre -chorus). Plus I think theres to many crash symbols (That's coming from a metalhead :haha). Theres just some are not needed. Other then that pretty good tune. 8.5/10
cheers, there's different bass when we play it, but our bassist can't work guitar pro and I'm to lazy to put it n :)

St.Loony
07-30-2008, 11:00 AM
cheers, there's different bass when we play it, but our bassist can't work guitar pro and I'm to lazy to put it n :)

Ah. Okay. Fair enough :p:

SHEEM
07-31-2008, 03:33 AM
My GTP5 won't open, so I listened to the MIDI.
Great chord progressions, they suit the accoustic pretty well.

Drums and guitar are generally great... But without the bass line, it feels kinda empty.

And to what fezrockz said, it's good to sometimes do simple stuff. Even if you listen to super prog stuff.

The drums were awesomely written, I see you've written alot about my drums, too. Are you a drummer or something?

Anyways, good job. 9/10

opc100
07-31-2008, 06:15 AM
My GTP5 won't open, so I listened to the MIDI.
Great chord progressions, they suit the accoustic pretty well.

Drums and guitar are generally great... But without the bass line, it feels kinda empty.

And to what fezrockz said, it's good to sometimes do simple stuff. Even if you listen to super prog stuff.

The drums were awesomely written, I see you've written alot about my drums, too. Are you a drummer or something?

Anyways, good job. 9/10
Nope, i just enjoy drums, never wanted to play them though, too loud :)