Epic Metal? -GP5, MIDI, C4C-

PDA

View Full Version : Epic Metal? -GP5, MIDI, C4C-

Slaytanic1993
07-27-2008, 08:14 PM
Yeah, I finished this just last night, and haven't been able to put it up yet, but this song is one of my favorites. It's mostly influenced by bands (like) Amon Amarth, Tyr, and Carcass. Its also the only time I've used six string B...meh.

Enjoy.

peter_a
07-27-2008, 08:21 PM
Sounds like a soundtrack to an old school Nintendo game.

Broadsword
07-27-2008, 09:32 PM
^ You do realize that the file is in MIDI form, right?

Anyways, the crit. I don't know if I'd call it epic metal, that seems to be usually reserved for songs that ***** key usage, timpanis, and ten different types of stringed instruments. :p:
I can definitely see the Carcass influence here, and the whole song had pretty much an old school melodeath feel. There's a lot of cool riffs in here, especially from bars 20-27. I cringed at bar 30, however. It just stuck out too much for me.

Overall this a solid, good song. The drums could use work, but then again you've only had GP for not too long, so I'll give you that. And at times I wasn't sure where the song was going. But still good. By the way, I find that putting the tremolo notes as actual sixteenths or thirty-seconds sounds better than the default tremolo options.

bloodshed344
07-27-2008, 09:40 PM
Sounded pretty good. (I don't get what's up with you and repeating 3 times though)
Only part I didnt like was drums, made it seem off time. However the ending drums were cool, that whole part was nice.

Gulli05
07-28-2008, 07:03 AM
It ainīt epic metal. Epic metal uses strings, timpani, violins, cellos, orchestra, etc. Listen to Epica, Nightwish and Rhapsody of Fire and then you get to know Symphonic Metal / Epic Metal.

Slaytanic1993
07-28-2008, 11:36 AM
It ainīt epic metal. Epic metal uses strings, timpani, violins, cellos, orchestra, etc. Listen to Epica, Nightwish and Rhapsody of Fire and then you get to know Symphonic Metal / Epic Metal.

I meant epic by the ending, which is undeniably something out of a Folk Metal song. I for one, hate symphonic metal and refer to folk metal (I even have AA and Tyr in my original post) when I say 'epic' about my songs.

Oh, and thank you for your opinion on the song I worked hard on, truly.