Punk-ish [GP4, Gp5, MIDI]

PDA

View Full Version : Punk-ish [GP4, Gp5, MIDI]

St.Loony
07-29-2008, 07:05 PM
Something I've been working on. Quite generic I know but I lack experiance of song writing and what not. Negative or Positives are welcome... Just help me out a bit please :p:

C4C of course... just link me with your shizzle.

opc100
07-30-2008, 07:21 AM
as i'm listening to it, it's a great intro, the 30 in the first guitar should be a 6 artificial harmonic, unless you have a 30 fret.
The chord sequence is great the bit where the uitar 1 plays octaves i great, no work needing there. Verse starts great, but i'mnot sure about the leads bit later on, needs a bit of work. Then the link into the next section doesn't work at all. It needs some sort of a fill.
Then the bridge is really good, it really builds up, but the triplets don't quite work. Last bar is the perfect chord leading into the chorus, which is great.
Verse 2, same as before, lead needs work. Link again needs a fill, triplets don't quite fit. Chorus again, brilliant.
I don't think going from the chorus to bridge works.
Interlude I like. Bass should be louder live, obviously.
Solo, needs some work. It just doesn't sound soloish, apart from the last bend, it fits really nicely. Then the fade, the lead bit needs work.
Overall a good pop-punk song, needs a bit of work, but as it is now, people would like it. 7/10

C4C http://www.ultimate-guitar.com/forum/showthread.php?t=919026 <Treading Water

St.Loony
07-30-2008, 10:33 AM
as i'm listening to it, it's a great intro, the 30 in the first guitar should be a 6 artificial harmonic, unless you have a 30 fret.

It's feedback. I shoudl've put that down... My bad :p:

The chord sequence is great the bit where the uitar 1 plays octaves i great, no work needing there. Verse starts great, but i'mnot sure about the leads bit later on, needs a bit of work. Then the link into the next section doesn't work at all. It needs some sort of a fill.

The lead is the main meolody so I don;t want to mess around with it to much becasue the singer has something good to go over it. Yeah I've ben working on a fill for it becasue it doesn't sound right to myself

Then the bridge is really good, it really builds up, but the triplets don't quite work. Last bar is the perfect chord leading into the chorus, which is great.

Awesome :D

Interlude I like. Bass should be louder live, obviously.

Yeah the bass will be much more apparent when it's live

Solo, needs some work. It just doesn't sound soloish, apart from the last bend, it fits really nicely. Then the fade, the lead bit needs work.

I know it needs alot of work. I lack experiance in this stuff though :p:. I will try and experiment with it and see what I can do.