"The Common Experience of Man" [Post-Hardcore/Alternative...ish GP4]

PDA

View Full Version : "The Common Experience of Man" [Post-Hardcore/Alternative...ish GP4]

Of_Wolves
07-31-2008, 09:13 PM
One of my favourites. Inspiration should be obvious in places ;)

I've been contemplating having the vocals in the parts I haven't written a melody for (eg, the "verses") delivered in a mix of the styles of (the calmer side of..) mewithoutYou and Trophy Scars. Just because..

No MIDI cus it screwed everything up. If I can export something that sound perfect I'll upload it, until then I'm sorry.

Of_Wolves
09-12-2008, 08:44 AM
Anyone?

Its_Rock77
09-12-2008, 05:07 PM
dude, I haven't got much to say. this was awesome. right down my alley. :D

the only things I would change are as follows:
clean guitar is usually way too overpowering when it comes in.
some of the 7/8 seems really unnecessary but that's just how I heard it.
should resolve to Bm by my ear (instead of G).

and I like how you had really heavyish guitar parts (breakdown?) but it still sounded very "light" and smooth like the rest of the song. leads were really well done.

:cheers:
crit mine? it's in my sig. :D

Of_Wolves
09-12-2008, 07:31 PM
Thanks a lot mate!

I do enjoy making stuff thats slightly different, like 4/4 rock with and odd bar of 3/4 shoved in the middle of it or something ;) lol Post-hardcore just seems to fit the mold in terms of my taste and style when composing. -nods-

I know what you mean with the resolving to Bm thing, but by my ear G sounds more comfortable in the song, soooo, I added the B from the chord. It does sound slightly better, although I cant remember how I had that chord before so I might not have changed a thing XD ah well.

I'll take a look at yours when I have a bit of free time. (which'll be now since I do nothing anyway lol).

Macabre_Turtle
09-12-2008, 09:09 PM
Well, this was not at all what I expected to hear. Kudos on uniqueness. I think it was cool how there were some rhythms that would usually be brutal, but it's still a really upbeat song. And the transitions worked really well. You managed to switch between things a lot without killing the mood. I don't really like the part from 2 to 9 and wherever it repeats, but I'm not sure why, so I can't really help you out there. I guess it sounds kind of unstructured to me maybe.

c4c?
http://www.ultimate-guitar.com/forum/showthread.php?p=16250873