Alternative (for lack of a better word) GP4, Midi

PDA

View Full Version : Alternative (for lack of a better word) GP4, Midi

Fivebretz
07-31-2008, 09:25 PM
I recommend the midi, as this song does not benefit from the RSE at ALL, it sounds a lot worse with it on for some reason.

EDIT: Updated version with a few minor improvements as suggested by people in this thread:

Lord Of Donkeys
08-02-2008, 09:38 PM
That was great.

All I have bad to say about it is:

The ending is a bit...meh. I think it would be better without the downbeat on the last measure.

Also the Rhythm chords going into the verse sound bad to me. I think you need to drop the 3rd chord down a half-step. so its E-F-F#-C#.

I really liked that whole song though, especially the pre-chorus.

EDIT: If you wanna C4C then here: http://www.ultimate-guitar.com/forum/showthread.php?t=800393

kiki94bass
08-03-2008, 05:14 AM
Dude that was awesome. I liked the lead guitar the most, and every part is great and the solo is cool. I have nothing to crit here except the ending. You should do something about it, it's just too sudden.

If you want C4C-bass solo in sig

Fivebretz
08-03-2008, 07:06 PM
Thanks LoD, I didn't like that transition much myself either; I changed it to that and it sounds better now, thanks :)

And both of you are right about the ending, I'll think of something better to end it with.

richymisiak
08-04-2008, 06:19 AM
that was... AWESOME!
seriously good, well done! I especially liked the lead guitar and the solo was just perfect
*applause*

Its_Rock77
08-04-2008, 08:35 PM
I'm not sure what to say that hasn't already been said. I think that the rhythm guitar needs to be quieter during the solo. also, the part at 41 and other similar measures with the A chord sounds out of place to me. I would suggest something a little more interesting as a transtion.

other than those nitpicky little suggestions, I really loved this. very nice leads and very well put together.

and the first time through I was getting extremely bored by the like 20th measure. then I noticed that for some reason the leads and other things weren't even playing. :p: I read your post then turned off RSE. :haha

Fivebretz
08-04-2008, 10:50 PM
You're right, Rock, I'm not 100% on the A's myself, but I thought they worked in hindsight, as a transition. I'm sure there's something better could go in their place, I just haven't worked it out yet :)

And the Rhythm DOES need to go quieter for the solo. I've been trying to work out why my solo guitar is getting fuzzy in the middle part, I thought it was the other lead guitar's fault, but it's the rhythm, so thanks for pointing that out :)