james chance and the contortions

PDA

View Full Version : james chance and the contortions

sjada
08-03-2008, 08:57 PM
i just found out these guys were amazing, although id heard of them a long time ago. a lot of the no wave bands in general that ive been trying to look into seem really good too, ill probly try to find no new york soon, but i want to get an album of the contortions too. anyone know this band? suggestions on their albums?

mbbmalcolm
08-03-2008, 09:27 PM
I just read a book about post punk, and it had a section about them. I am probably going to get no new york as well.

Jett Diamond
08-03-2008, 09:33 PM
I made a thread of them a while back. From what I have, Buy is a great album. Get that. You'll love it. There was also recently a book put out about No Wave; I saw it in Barnes and Noble if you wanna go look.

treefiddey
08-03-2008, 09:50 PM
I love the Contortions!
They're not my favorite No Wave band, but they're really good.

sjada
08-03-2008, 09:54 PM
is that book the one thurston moore (from sonic youth) wrote, or helped write or whatever? cause that sounds familiar. i may check that out if i find it.

Jett Diamond
08-03-2008, 09:57 PM
Yeah I think his name may have been on it. I don't really remember much except I didn't have enough money to buy it.

opivy21
08-04-2008, 01:07 PM
I liked his interview in that movie Punk: Attitude where he said when the crowd wasn't feeling the band he would go amongst the people and start hitting them. Never heard much musically that tickled my fancy, however.

sjada
08-04-2008, 05:49 PM
tried my local music store today. they didnt have it and it was on backorder so it might be a while till they can get it for me. anyone know anywhere where i might be able to get their music? i probly will try to get Buy if i can.