Rancid

PDA

View Full Version : Rancid

Swap-Meet
08-05-2008, 12:42 PM
I'm going to their show tonight, and from what I hear they usually put on a great show in Montreal....With the exception of the time Lars had a seizure on stage.

Has anyone seen them this year?

How were they, and how long were they on for?

BrianApocalypse
08-05-2008, 12:45 PM
I doubt Lars had a seizure.

They probably put a restraining device on him that gives out electric current whenever he tries to molest underage girls.

He saw a little tart and got a few hundred volts.

waterproofpie
08-05-2008, 12:47 PM

They probably put a restraining device on him that gives out electric current whenever he tries to molest underage girls.

:haha

I don't know about you but I've never seen Rancid live, although when I saw the Bastards, it was pretty entertaining.

I mean...

I don't still listen to 'Viking'!?

ma)(payne
08-05-2008, 12:53 PM
I saw em on Saturday night in Toronto. They were ****in' amazing. But hey, they're going to Montreal, and that's where bands go to die and get all their gear stolen. ****ing cocksuckers.

Adarsh
08-05-2008, 12:54 PM
A friend of mine is going tonight as well, he's pretty stoked.

neidnarb11890
08-05-2008, 12:59 PM
I have not seen Rancid live. So I will not contribute to this thread.
I will, however, laugh at Brian's jokes.

Swap-Meet
08-05-2008, 02:09 PM
A friend of mine is going tonight as well, he's pretty stoked.

Cool...I wonder if the openers will be any good

I saw em on Saturday night in Toronto. They were ****in' amazing. But hey, they're going to Montreal, and that's where bands go to die and get all their gear stolen. ****ing cocksuckers.

Lol

midnight__toker
08-05-2008, 02:12 PM
Ye they were sick in Toronto.

JesusOfSbrbia
08-05-2008, 02:19 PM
They're really good live. Armstrong isn't as terrible on stage as you would guess from YouTube videos - his guitar is actually audible, and he's actually playing it. :p:

Most of their set when I saw them was from ...And Out Come the Wolves, with a couple tracks from each other album, and a couple songs that I guess were b-sides or were released on the "Give 'Em the Boot" comps. I remember they played "Tattoo," which is a pretty terrible song.

But it was a really great show.

BostonLacrosse
08-05-2008, 02:20 PM
they are playing in Rhode Island the day after Gogol Bordello...guess who im seeing

RiotRiotUpstart
08-05-2008, 04:21 PM
they are playing in Rhode Island the day after Gogol Bordello...guess who im seeing

Hopefully neither.

Swap-Meet
08-05-2008, 04:34 PM
They're really good live. Armstrong isn't as terrible on stage as you would guess from YouTube videos - his guitar is actually audible, and he's actually playing it. :p:

Most of their set when I saw them was from ...And Out Come the Wolves, with a couple tracks from each other album, and a couple songs that I guess were b-sides or were released on the "Give 'Em the Boot" comps. I remember they played "Tattoo," which is a pretty terrible song.

But it was a really great show.

Tims guitar is an accessory to him, not an instrument....it's kinda like a really big necklace..

Swap-Meet
08-05-2008, 04:35 PM

Green Day?

BrianApocalypse
08-05-2008, 04:36 PM
Now now, that's not entirely true. He also uses it as a billboard for local talent.

Remember when he put a DSNF sticker on it?

PS.) Can I join in with you and Dora some time? :D

Swap-Meet
08-05-2008, 04:59 PM
Naw, sorry...we've taken it easy for a little bit....the neighbours keep calling the cops when we ****...Doras a screamer.....Apparently it's not apropiate for a 3 year old and a 17 year old to have sex....****ing nazis..

BrianApocalypse
08-05-2008, 05:02 PM
Yeah, but if a 3 year old and a 17 year old were to have sex with a 20 year old, that would cancel out the sickness.

Simple mathematics!

Fedayee
08-05-2008, 05:07 PM
Gogol Bordello if you have my taste! I love Gogol!

Swap-Meet
08-05-2008, 05:09 PM
Yeah, but if a 3 year old and a 17 year old were to have sex with a 20 year old, that would cancel out the sickness.

Simple mathematics!

Where could we find a 20 year old!?!?

BrianApocalypse
08-05-2008, 05:13 PM
I'm a 20 year old, that was the point! :p:

Swap-Meet
08-05-2008, 05:16 PM
Ugh but you live not very close at all..

waterproofpie
08-05-2008, 05:37 PM
What the hell is going on in this thread?

Fedayee
08-05-2008, 06:26 PM
Some of us were discussing music while others were trying to schedule group sex. From what little time I've been here, I would call that the usual.

HiImKindaNewAnd
08-05-2008, 06:50 PM
Some of us were discussing music while others were trying to schedule group sex. From what little time I've been here, I would call that the usual.
I've come to that conclusion too. It doesn't bother me, its actually quite funny.

on topic (sorta): Rancid is ok.

lolmnt
08-05-2008, 06:53 PM
What the hell is going on in this thread?Sex!

yuMayumA
08-05-2008, 08:05 PM
Now now, that's not entirely true. He also uses it as a billboard for local talent.

Remember when he put a DSNF sticker on it?

PS.) Can I join in with you and Dora some time? :D

http://b7.ac-images.myspacecdn.com/01295/77/23/1295523277_l.jpg

What?

werty22
08-05-2008, 09:06 PM
Ugh but you live not very close at all..
But he's willing to make the trip... for Dora.

Cameronrobson
08-05-2008, 10:17 PM
I don't get why everyone want's to felashe dora's man-staff.

l3p4rd
08-06-2008, 12:24 AM
To be on topic again, I saw them, in florida.

Best part was when a fight broke out and Tim almost joined.

Swap-Meet
08-06-2008, 01:04 AM
Just got back from the show, pretty good, too many people in the ****ing pit...no room to ****ing move, I don't know why Tim is even in the ****ing band lol. His only "solo" he strummed 3 chords.....I was looking ajnd was jst like "WUDDA****DISHOMIEINRANCIDFO'?" but they were good, I thought Lars was Tim for a little I think Rancid should be renamed Lars Frederickson and Matt Freeman....and company

maybe they chose rancid cause it's easier....but who am i to judge?

sick of it all is a ****ing horriblley ****ty, sad excuse for hardre too by the way

they were telling all the "hardcore kids" to get on one side of the room
****ing ****ty vocals too....and Lars called them hardcore legends...?

Joke?

The Brains were ****ing awesome, best band I think.

/end rant

hardrock1315
08-06-2008, 01:16 AM
sick of it all is a ****ing horriblley ****ty, sad excuse for hardre too by the way

Joke?

Are you serious? Sick of It All is one of the most well known and respected hardcore bands around. Lars called them hardcore legends because, well, like them or not, that's what they are. Seeing them on Sunday with H2O. I must say I'm pumped.

Rancid is okay. I'll be seeing them on August 17 because they're playing with Madball.

Swap-Meet
08-06-2008, 01:19 AM
Are you serious? Sick of It All is one of the most well known and respected hardcore bands around. Lars called them hardcore legends because, well, like them or not, that's what they are. Seeing them on Sunday with H2O. I must say I'm pumped.

Rancid is okay. I'll be seeing them on August 17 because they're playing with Madball.

Well they soundded like a ****ing ****tyass stupid metalcore band to me, with Screamo-ish vocals....

hardrock1315
08-06-2008, 02:35 AM
Well they soundded like a ****ing ****tyass stupid metalcore band to me, with Screamo-ish vocals....
Are you sure you're talking about the same Sick of It All? They are arguably the definitive NYHC band, and sound nothing like metalcore or screamo.

Adarsh
08-06-2008, 02:38 AM
Yeah, from what i heard, the Brains were pretty amazing, and Rancid were alright. Sick of it all was decent as well. In conclusion:

Local Psychobilly > "Hardcore Legends" > Rancid

l3p4rd
08-06-2008, 09:14 AM
Just got back from the show, pretty good, too many people in the ****ing pit...no room to ****ing move, I don't know why Tim is even in the ****ing band lol. His only "solo" he strummed 3 chords.....I was looking ajnd was jst like "WUDDA****DISHOMIEINRANCIDFO'?" but they were good, I thought Lars was Tim for a little I think Rancid should be renamed Lars Frederickson and Matt Freeman....and company

maybe they chose rancid cause it's easier....but who am i to judge?

Joke?

The Brains were ****ing awesome, best band I think.

/end rant

When i saw his, I was actually surprised he sang most of the show, When i've looked them up live on youtube and stuff, he would just run around and spin and ****, but he sang all the show and played alot at the concert I went to, maybe it's just the way he feels that night or somthing, he's an old mother****er now anyways

FuzzyBear
08-06-2008, 10:21 AM

your an idiot, they were releasing records before you were born

although im not a big soia they do put on an amazing live show and there is no denying they are hardcore legends

BrianApocalypse
08-06-2008, 10:36 AM
your an idiot, they were releasing records before you were born

although im not a big soia they do put on an amazing live show and there is no denying they are hardcore legends

Says the scouser who can't spell... :p: :peace:

One thing's for sure though - SOIA do really f*cking suck.

FuzzyBear
08-06-2008, 10:38 AM
no scousers can spell everyone knows that, its not my fault its like dyslexia

i also have a compelling urge to rob anything thats not nailed down

its in my genes

BrianApocalypse
08-06-2008, 10:41 AM
Is it true that in Liverpool people go scrumping for cars?

Or did Red Dwarf make that up?

FuzzyBear
08-06-2008, 10:51 AM
everything from red dwarf is 100% true.

i actually work in bootle which is where lister lost his virginity on the golfcourse, good times!

neidnarb11890
08-06-2008, 10:56 AM
One thing's for sure though - SOIA do really f*cking suck.
:cheers:

Manos15
08-06-2008, 11:05 AM
Sick of it All > Rancid

Swap-Meet
08-06-2008, 11:31 AM
Yeah, from what i heard, the Brains were pretty amazing, and Rancid were alright. Sick of it all was decent as well. In conclusion:

Local Psychobilly > "Hardcore Legends" > Rancid

Rancid was really good on stage, but the pit was ****ing ****, I was stuck all the way in the front, and got kicked in the face & eye by crowd surfers like 10+ times, there was no room to move.

Like I said before, imo Sick of It All suck.

People may not like the Casualties, but imo they put on a much better show than Rancid.

Fedayee
08-06-2008, 03:15 PM
I couldn't go to a Casualties concert only because I'm a rather spindly kid --quite thin for my age-- and I get enough **** at normal punk concerts. I got hit in the face by some anti-semitic douchebag at a Flogging Molly concert because of my curly hair. Since then, I grew it out, it became dreaded, I cut it really short but still. Funny story, that nazi douchebag got the **** beaten out of him though!

RiotRiotUpstart
08-06-2008, 05:12 PM
I'm sure a Casualties show wouldn't be any more rough than any other show you go to.

Rancid sucks.

Swap-Meet
08-06-2008, 05:13 PM
Everyone was really ****ing nice to me, and all the people I was with at The Casualties show.

I doubt there are many nazi fans of The Casualties.

I did get hit in the face by some really big drunk skinhead though...but that was an accident.

But yeah, these guys gave me free beer, and smoked me, and even though we both spoke different languages they were cool to me, and there were no idiots hitting people in the pit.

at the end of the show atleast 100 people were on stage singing Punx Unite with the band, it was a great show.

Fedayee
08-06-2008, 06:12 PM
Oh. Now I may go! But they don't come to Sacramento. That would be a fun concert, probably.

BrianApocalypse
08-07-2008, 06:09 AM
Everyone was really ****ing nice to me, and all the people I was with at The Casualties show.

I doubt there are many nazi fans of The Casualties.

I did get hit in the face by some really big drunk skinhead though...but that was an accident.

But yeah, these guys gave me free beer, and smoked me, and even though we both spoke different languages they were cool to me, and there were no idiots hitting people in the pit.

at the end of the show atleast 100 people were on stage singing Punx Unite with the band, it was a great show.

You do know that they were only being nice because they wanted to watch you with Dora, right?

Everyone wants a piece of Dora, especially casualties fans.

Swap-Meet
08-07-2008, 10:38 PM
You do know that they were only being nice because they wanted to watch you with Dora, right?

Everyone wants a piece of Dora, especially casualties fans.

This was before dora, that uptight bitch doesn't let me go to many shows anymore :O

dora whipped :o

alteredgod
08-08-2008, 04:39 AM
I'd love to go :D

BrianApocalypse
08-08-2008, 08:35 AM
Why not have Diego and his turtle come round for "group sex", then go to "slip into something more comfortable" then sneak off to shows.

pInK_eLePhAnT
08-08-2008, 01:03 PM
One of my boyfriend's multiple bands have been confirmed as support for Rancid when they play in Sheffield.

I want guestlist at least, if not AAA, haha!

yuMayumA
08-08-2008, 01:23 PM
Lame.

IlikeTheSKA
08-08-2008, 02:44 PM

Sept 27th with Cro-mags.

Berlioz97
08-08-2008, 02:51 PM
Sick of it All > Rancid
You = Wrong

Manos15
08-08-2008, 02:54 PM
^ You = ****ing idiot.

Berlioz97
08-08-2008, 02:56 PM
^ You = ****ing idiot.
Again, no matter what You = Wrong.
No matter what you say you're wrong. :rolleyes:
Sick of It All sucks anyway. Another lame hardcore band just like H20 and Madball.

Manos15
08-08-2008, 02:57 PM
Madball sucks bad. But H2O is greater than you or Rancid could ever hope to be.

Berlioz97
08-08-2008, 03:05 PM
You don't know me, so you can't say that.
But H2O comes nowhere near Rancid.
Unless you're judging on a "tough guy" scale then you're right.
But in musical ability and versatility, no one in modern punk can beat Rancid.
You apparently have never listened to Life Won't Wait and Rancid 2000 in one sitting.

Manos15
08-08-2008, 03:06 PM
You're retarded if you think H2O is tough guy.

JesusOfSbrbia
08-08-2008, 05:23 PM
It's funny how Rancid's best album was the one that only had 2 punk songs on it

werty22
08-08-2008, 05:54 PM
NEVER FEAR! I will settle the argument about Rancid/SOIA/H2O!

You're both acting like idiots. None of these bands are objectively better or worse, and you're arguing as if they were.

sargasm
08-08-2008, 05:57 PM
Rancid are playing a HUUUUUUUGE show here with DOA and Wednesday Night Heroes. It's kind of funny, because I saw DOA and WNH in a really really small AA venue like a month ago. I'm kind of tempted to go, just to witness WNH playing in such a huge venue, good or bad.

Swap-Meet
08-08-2008, 06:27 PM
Rancid are playing a HUUUUUUUGE show here with DOA and Wednesday Night Heroes. It's kind of funny, because I saw DOA and WNH in a really really small AA venue like a month ago. I'm kind of tempted to go, just to witness WNH playing in such a huge venue, good or bad.

That is going to be a ****ing sick show..

BrianApocalypse
08-08-2008, 07:18 PM

I almost agree with you about the musical ability, except for the fact that their albums aren't consistent, and they pad what would be excellent albums with attrocious filler to "keep it real" like their idols, the Clash. You're essentially right though, very few bands can match what rancid have going on.

Check out the Heretics, not the godawful west coast band, the scandinavian garage punkers. While they are a bit more of a one trick pony, they're f*cking awesome.

But Rancid aren't really THAT versatile. They either continually re-hash their old material in a badly shouted punk style, or re-hash their old material in a badly shouted god-awful ska style. Maybe if I had the near suicidal urges to drown myself in a sea of californian sounding punk music the subtle differences would emerge more, but to me, it's not really that versatile.

I own BOTH Rancid 2000, which f*cking sucks, and Life Won't Wait, which is an OK album, but isn't consistent all the way through.

I think that it's quite easy to praise Rancid, because they adhere to an extremely conventional modern rock overproduced, overcompressed, underdynamic style.

I realise that I'm being pretty harsh, but just because the overwhelming majority of modern punk is bland, rehashed crap with no interesting edge or skeletal remnant of the punk spirit, that does NOT make Tim, Lars, Matt and the other one demigods.

yuMayumA
08-08-2008, 08:14 PM
I'm too lazy to discuss right now. And I'm eating just off work. I did get three 32ozers so when I'm done with those I'll be back for you Brian. Just you wait.

BrianApocalypse
08-08-2008, 08:55 PM
I can't wait.

If I play my cards right I might get compared to the LEAVE BRITNEY ALONE guy again... ;)

axeslash
08-08-2008, 09:52 PM
I don't really know what I can say. If I say anything Brian will be all like "DUR YOU LISTEN TO CALIFORNIA PUNK YA TWAT."

Ska Wars
08-08-2008, 09:59 PM
I don't like Rancid.
http://www.prothro.org/Pats%20World/images/rancidrabbit2.jpg
He's a sneak.

werty22
08-08-2008, 11:03 PM
Right now I'm listening to their first two albums for old times sake. They really suck. Is it just me, or is every song from those albums the exact same tempo? The only song from those two albums that I still like is Salvation.

I like ...And Out Come the Wolves, Life Won't Wait, and about half of Indestructible. But I really don't like their other 3 albums at all now.

They might be one of the most versitile modern punk bands, but that's not saying much. Most modern punk bands aren't very diverse at all. Also, they're not really that musically skilled (not that it matters in their genre).

Can someone tell me why they're compared to The Clash so often? They have a few ska and reggae songs and they play some ponxed up rockabilly every once in a while. So what? They're not the only ones.

In my opinion, they would be much better if they didn't try so hard to be punx.

Edit: I'm also listening to a copy of For Blood and Empire (Anti Flag) that my friend gave me. It's even worse. I never liked it.

sargasm
08-09-2008, 06:21 AM
Can someone tell me why they're compared to The Clash so often? They have a few ska and reggae songs and they play some ponxed up rockabilly every once in a while. So what? They're not the only ones.

I used to wonder that myself, but one day I was listening to Wolves and it kinda hit me. Tim Armstrong totally rips off Joe Strummer's style of singing, and they definitely have a certain je n'sais quois in common.

yuMayumA
08-09-2008, 07:49 AM
I used to wonder that myself, but one day I was listening to Wolves and it kinda hit me. Tim Armstrong totally rips off Joe Strummer's style of singing, and they definitely have a certain je n'sais quois in common.

Or thats just one of his influences.

sargasm
08-09-2008, 11:09 AM
Or thats just one of his influences.

Uh... yeah. That's sort of the point.

werty22
08-09-2008, 03:25 PM
I guess there's a little bit of similarity in the vocals, but Tim's slurred vocals are a lot more extreme.

I don't feel like looking up je n'sais quois. :p:

HiImKindaNewAnd
08-09-2008, 09:15 PM
Right now I'm listening to their first two albums for old times sake. They really suck. Is it just me, or is every song from those albums the exact same tempo? The only song from those two albums that I still like is Salvation.

That's because Brett Reed is such a versatile drummer.

blink*182sgirl
08-10-2008, 02:54 AM
Saw Rancid at the Granada Theater in Dallas on June 14th. It was awesome. The pit was unavoidable because it was everywhere! Girls fell down crying sweat and beer filled the air.. Got some wicked pics from it. I expected better from the new drummer, but it was alright. They played with Lower Class Brats.
I always thought that Rancid was a family and they said that if one of them quits, that's the end of Rancid. Well.. WTF? They said that they're releasing another cd by the end of this year. They're touring in Europe pretty soon.. They'll be in Birmingham in November.
Anyway.. Yeah.. that concert was one of the best of my life.. beat the NOFX one when Fat Mike gave a guy $110 to eat 2 of his buggers.
Ah.. I love punk shows.

JesusOfSbrbia
08-10-2008, 03:07 AM
^ I was AT THAT SHOW!

:eek:

Do you live in the area?

yuMayumA
08-10-2008, 07:08 AM
Hahahfgfsad lets make fun of Rancid and make up stories hahahahalolzzzzlzollz!lzolzzz

lavazza
08-10-2008, 08:08 AM
^ I was AT THAT SHOW!

Do you live in the area?

(s)he has "girl in his/her name and Jesus sits drooling in front of his PC :p:

RiotRiotUpstart
08-10-2008, 11:46 AM
Rancid's new drummer is the guy from The Used, right?

l3p4rd
08-10-2008, 12:32 PM

I'm pretty sure unless they changed again, they go through so many drummers.

ma)(payne
08-10-2008, 01:05 PM

Yeeeaaa when I heard about that show I cried myself to sleep every night for about a week. I'm DYING to see DOA :( And seeing WNH wouldn't hurt much either.

:haha I can't believe I didn't know that.

lolmnt
08-10-2008, 01:08 PM
Yeah, it's the former Used drummer.

werty22
08-10-2008, 01:37 PM
I only know of two. :confused:

JesusOfSbrbia
08-10-2008, 01:55 PM
(s)he has "girl in his/her name and Jesus sits drooling in front of his PC :p:
:finger:

What...?

BrianApocalypse
08-10-2008, 02:21 PM
Hahahfgfsad lets make fun of Rancid and make up stories hahahahalolzzzzlzollz!lzolzzz

LEAVE BRITNEY ALONE!

That's because Brett Reed is such a versatile drummer.

I actually giggled like a schoolgirl when I read that.

yuMayumA
08-10-2008, 05:53 PM

Because Brett Reed was with them for 15 years and he just got replaced with only one other drummer. And Branden Steineckert isn't a bad drummer at all he's actually pretty decent.

RiotRiotUpstart
08-10-2008, 06:55 PM
If this Steineckert fellow you speak of is the guy from The Used, he's actually a pretty good drummer. As emo and whiny as the Used might have been, they always had pretty solid drumming.

blink*182sgirl
08-10-2008, 08:36 PM
^ I was AT THAT SHOW!

Do you live in the area?

haha. Sadly, yes :(

no punk bands come here.. the punk scene in Dallas is almost dead. NOFX was here in March and I just saw Alkaline Trio on July 22 at HOB. But that was a bitching show. Lars playing The War's End acoustic like that was phonomenal. I got the "Journey To The End Of East Bay" video on my camera :P

I'm in love with Lars.

blink*182sgirl
08-10-2008, 08:37 PM
the video in the background was so distracting, I started watching that instead of Rancid. :P I get distracted easily.

mike2
08-11-2008, 03:24 AM
I'm in love with Lars.

oh my god...

I'm sorry?

FuzzyBear
08-11-2008, 06:49 AM
But H2O comes nowhere near Rancid.
Unless you're judging on a "tough guy" scale then you're right.
You apparently have never listened to Life Won't Wait and Rancid 2000 in one sitting.

apparently youve never listened to any H2o at all, they are one of the most positive bands out there, not tough guy at all

id much rather listen to h2o

lavazza
08-11-2008, 10:11 AM
:finger:

:kiss:

no punk bands come here.. the punk scene in Dallas is almost dead.

Not even MDC?

blink*182sgirl
08-11-2008, 04:21 PM
oh my god...

I'm sorry?

oh, baby... I'm not ;) His voice is the definition of sexy.. I want to bite his skin off.

PERMA.BANNED
08-11-2008, 04:22 PM
Blink 182s girl you are so adorable.

JesusOfSbrbia
08-11-2008, 08:05 PM

no punk bands come here.. the punk scene in Dallas is almost dead. NOFX was here in March and I just saw Alkaline Trio on July 22 at HOB.
Are you kidding? Everyone is saying the scene is dead because the Red Blood Club shut down. I think it's just shifting away from the bar scene and more towards underground DIY stuff. Places like 1919 Hemphill and Exploding House in Fort Worth, 715 Panhandle in Denton, and now recently Love & Reason in Arlington, are very much alive. 1919 is getting more attendance than ever, while attendance at bar shows is dwindling. Plus the Carrollton area has a pretty sweet DIY scene (but no venues that I'm aware of). I'm seeing a lot more people getting involved in bands and going to shows regularly, and there's a lot of great stuff going on. I'm excited to see what this next wave of talent from the area has to offer.

As far as Rancid, NOFX, Alkaline Trio, or whatever, those are big shows that I'd look at as individual concerts, not a reflection on the actual punk scene here. If you noticed at the Rancid show, there were a sh*tload of mall-punx mohicans there, but do you ever see those people at local shows? Hell no. It's a completely different crowd.

If you don't mind me asking, where exactly do you live?

blink*182sgirl
08-12-2008, 12:41 AM
Yeah.. true true.. I was so bummed when The Red Blood Club shut down.. the week after they closed Time Again was scheduled to play there.. then I had to go to Iowa and Ohio.. needless to say that I missed them.. again.
Yeah.. That Rancid concert was packed. You couldn't even move in there.. everybody's sweaty body was rubbing up against each other. I got home smelling like sweat and beer.. it was wonderful.
There's this place called RED RUM. (pronounced Red Room) in Dallas off of Mockingbird Ln. It's a room where bands play just above Absolute Rehearsel Studios. My friends band has played there many occasion.
I think those people were only at the Rancid concert because they like how Rancid looks. Then they saw all the punks outside that packed theater and thought, "I want to be like them.. they seem cool." Losers. They just hopped around not knowing any of the lyrics. Those people really get on my nerves.. but they bought a ticket.. so what are you gonna do. They gave money to the band.. well sort of.

I live about half an hour south of Dallas.. aka. Waxahachie.. the podunk hick town in the middle of nowhere.. but it's starting to be considered a suburb of Dallas. "Guitarded" lives in Midlothian :)

JesusOfSbrbia
08-12-2008, 01:55 AM
Hahaha wow, Waxahachie. I've never been there, so I assume there's nothing there worth seeing. :p: I've been through Midlothian, but only because I've used US-67 as a shortcut from Dallas to Glen Rose. lol. According to Google Maps, you're an hour and a half away from me, about 53 minutes from 1919, and about 38 mins from Deep Ellum. That sucks ass.

Get a hold of me next time you go to a cool show, and maybe I'll see you there :peace:

mike2
08-12-2008, 02:07 AM
oh, baby... I'm not ;) His voice is the definition of sexy.. I want to bite his skin off.

by sexy you mean douchebagery...right?

blink*182sgirl
08-12-2008, 02:16 AM
mike2 you're just jealous. :P no.. I find Lars VERY attractive and LOVE his voice. I love Tim's as well.. but not as much as Lars's.
didn't we used to argue a lot awhile back, too???

and Jesusofsbrbia... you googled it? haha cool. yeah.. I don't go to a show alone because I hate driving that far alone. I don't know of any up and coming shows.. I can let you know when my friends band plays though.

JesusOfSbrbia
08-12-2008, 03:24 AM
^ I had to google it because I forgot where it was. :p:

There are always good shows coming up. Check your pm's, I know a site that has local punk show listings, but I don't want to get banned for advertising. lol.

sargasm
08-12-2008, 04:03 AM
Oh yeah, like I'm gonna ban you for that. Haha. :)

JesusOfSbrbia
08-12-2008, 09:46 AM
^ You never know :p: Rules are rules, and I was about to post a link to another forum before I stopped myself. Heh.

People have been banned for dumber things before...

lavazza
08-12-2008, 09:48 AM
^ You never know :p: Rules are rules, and I was about to post a link to another forum before I stopped myself. Heh.

People have been banned for dumber things before...

For example giving contra to an admin.........Jordan do your work!

JesusOfSbrbia
08-14-2008, 08:54 PM
What? :confused:

blink*182sgirl
08-15-2008, 01:47 AM
I don't think he even knows..

okay so back to Rancid..

Did anyone else notice Tim's fake Jamaican (sp?) accent that started around "Life Won't Wait"??

Iliemyfaceoff
08-15-2008, 02:25 AM
:eek: Tim Armstrong no jamaican?!?!?!

...mon

lavazza
08-15-2008, 06:36 AM
What? :confused:

tststs......sometimes I think that I have a Jamaican accent

BrianApocalypse
08-15-2008, 09:43 AM
A Jamaican Jerry, eh?

Herr Excecutioner Mahn;

Slaughter the Imperialist schwein-hunds, pick mich das Banane und roll me ein Doobie.

lavazza
08-15-2008, 09:51 AM
A Jamaican Jerry, eh?

Herr Excecutioner Mahn;

Slaughter the Imperialist schwein-hunds, pick mich das Banane und roll me ein Doobie.

You nearly speak German as good as Stephen Hawking :p:

BrianApocalypse
08-15-2008, 10:02 AM
I didn't know he could speak German.

I've seen his books in Berlin, but I figured they were translated.

I think I'll make a thread on him, though, because he's pretty punk rock.

lavazza
08-15-2008, 10:11 AM
I didn't know he could speak German.

I've seen his books in Berlin, but I figured they were translated.

I think I'll make a thread on him, though, because he's pretty punk rock.

http://mrhartansscienceclass.files.wordpress.com/2008/04/nsapce08a.jpg

thatīs stephen hawking, he is a physics professor and the point was, that he cannot speak because of Amyotrophic lateral sclerosis

sargasm
08-15-2008, 10:12 AM
This is too funny

BrianApocalypse
08-15-2008, 10:15 AM
Ah, you'll have to excuse me, I was thinking of Stephen King.

http://www.geocities.com/bethanybeams/king.jpg

Stephen Hawking probably used to be able to speak German before he got ill and went funny though.

lavazza
08-15-2008, 10:18 AM
^Stephen King looks a bit like a G-rated version of Henry Rollins

BrianApocalypse
08-15-2008, 10:19 AM
Don't you mean Stephen King?

I told you it was easy to get confused! ;)

lavazza
08-15-2008, 10:22 AM
garg right.......in this case it was

HiImKindaNewAnd
08-15-2008, 01:26 PM
What's going on now?

axeslash
04-09-2009, 03:30 PM
I'm downloading a Russian tribute to Rancid right now. Can't wait to hear this one. It will go perfectly with my Russian tribute to The Ramones.

Katja_
04-09-2009, 05:44 PM
http://www.geocities.com/bethanybeams/king.jpg

Joe Publicity
04-11-2009, 10:10 AM
i went to see Rancid in Glasgow in November. I have to say it was the best gig i have ever been to, and i have been to more gigs than anyone i know. I had been to see Rancid twice before, but the first time i was pretty ****ed up on whiskey and the second time my mate was pretty ****ed up, so i was distracted. ahhh... the joys of being a stupid drunk.

so i stopped drinking at shows cos i realised that i was just another one of these annoying pricks, who ruin it for everyone. and went to see Rancid sober. They were awsome. the set was a mix of all the albums and i had no complaints with Tim at all. actually i was surprised, he had so much character, cos in videos ive seen, he dosn't say much onstage, . Maybe it's because they played in the Barrowlands. I'm sorry but i think it would be hard for any venue in the world to capture the atmosphere of that place esspecially when its a band that people REALLY love. And Glasgow has loads of rancid fans

greenday2003
04-11-2009, 09:27 PM
there new song is prtty damn rad, Im enjoyin it, Im looking forward to gettin my hands on the cd

BR0KENHEARTED
04-13-2009, 08:58 PM
i went to see Rancid in Glasgow in November. I have to say it was the best gig i have ever been to, and i have been to more gigs than anyone i know. I had been to see Rancid twice before, but the first time i was pretty ****ed up on whiskey and the second time my mate was pretty ****ed up, so i was distracted. ahhh... the joys of being a stupid drunk.

so i stopped drinking at shows cos i realised that i was just another one of these annoying pricks, who ruin it for everyone. and went to see Rancid sober. They were awsome. the set was a mix of all the albums and i had no complaints with Tim at all. actually i was surprised, he had so much character, cos in videos ive seen, he dosn't say much onstage, . Maybe it's because they played in the Barrowlands. I'm sorry but i think it would be hard for any venue in the world to capture the atmosphere of that place esspecially when its a band that people REALLY love. And Glasgow has loads of rancid fans

People who haven't seen Rancid like to hate on Tims stage playing. Somehow.