young marble giants?

PDA

View Full Version : young marble giants?

sjada
08-05-2008, 04:01 PM
anyone like them? i doubt theyl be popular here, theyre not fast or loud or anything like that at all. their more of a post-punk band.
i actually discovered them in my phase of looking up every band that kurt cobain ever said he liked, whatever your opinion on nirvana is, kurt had amazing taste in bands (not that it has anytihng to do with this, just saying) .
i cant say i ever got really into these guys tho. its definitly interesting, idk maybe i just listened to them so much when i first got their album that im getting almost bored of it now?
anyways, what do you all think of these guys?

Andrewbiles
08-06-2008, 11:26 AM
Ever since reading a book on Rough Trade a couple of years ago I've wanted to get my hands on a decent copy of their 'Testcard' EP but haven't managed to and so haven't actually heard them. Word is they were pretty good though.

sjada
08-06-2008, 11:50 AM
theres a version of Collosal Youth that has that on the second disc or something (theres three) along with i think almost everything else they ever recorded. thats what i have, its not too hard to find or anything, i tihnk i just got it on amazon.

JesusOfSbrbia
08-07-2008, 06:36 PM
They're really good.

Andrewbiles
08-08-2008, 01:32 PM
theres a version of Collosal Youth that has that on the second disc or something (theres three) along with i think almost everything else they ever recorded. thats what i have, its not too hard to find or anything, i tihnk i just got it on amazon.

I'll keep an eye out for that then. Have to say half the attraction was the record sleeve - sadly.