The Cockney Rejects!

PDA

View Full Version : The Cockney Rejects!

BrianApocalypse
08-16-2008, 08:55 AM
Who here likes the Cockney Rejects?

Best songs are Oi oi oi!, Police Truck and I wanna be a star.

They were a nice little group, although like most bands, they had turned into a godawful metal group by the mid '80s.

The Geggus brothers were f*cking good boxers too apparently.

lavazza
08-16-2008, 09:05 AM
they are boring ****........pop.......love songs, ive listened to one of their LPs.

BrianApocalypse
08-16-2008, 09:10 AM
^ Then listen to a different LP that isn't full of boring sh*t pop love songs.

Also, check that the sleeve corresponds to the record, it might've been ABBA's greatest hits inside a CR sleeve.

DanRev
08-16-2008, 09:12 AM
Excellent band, yeah the metal stuff is bollocks, but they had some great catchy (oh noez the popz punx) tunes.

hooligan07
08-16-2008, 03:18 PM
ok band. i like running riot and also enjoy nordic thunder's version of this track

Adam_Harrison9
08-16-2008, 03:22 PM
Sorry I prefer proper punk like the Casual Ties.

mike2
08-16-2008, 03:26 PM
Sorry I prefer proper punk like the Casual Ties.

you mean **** punk.

BrianApocalypse
08-16-2008, 03:28 PM
ok band. i like running riot and also enjoy nordic thunder's version of this track

:haha :haha

That's Cocksparrer! :bonk:

mike2
08-16-2008, 03:37 PM

I thought that was cocksparrer...

I remember someone saying once that the clash ripped white riot off that song...but I still don't see it...

Adam_Harrison9
08-16-2008, 04:51 PM
you mean **** punk.

Punk is ****. Have you not noticed yet?

mike2
08-16-2008, 05:11 PM
Punk is ****. Have you not noticed yet?

maybe...you should start listening to different punk, if that is what you think...cause no, i haven't noticed. I actually think everything but punk is ****.

xxxFMDxxx
08-16-2008, 06:22 PM
I used to be into them but I lost the feel for them but there good for when im in that mood for it.

hooligan07
08-16-2008, 07:31 PM

lol been a few years since i stopped listening to a lot of those bands

Jett Diamond
08-16-2008, 07:37 PM
I bought some of their stuff a few years ago and just found it boring. Coincidentally, I often get them mixed up with Cock Sparrer, who I also find fairly boring.

RiotRiotUpstart
08-16-2008, 09:08 PM
I like the Cockney Rejects. I had no idea they went all metal and ****. I haven't heard any of that.

gopherthegreat
08-16-2008, 10:06 PM
I prefer proper punk like the Clash, rancid, and the Casualties

yeahyeah
08-16-2008, 10:10 PM
meh

werty22
08-16-2008, 11:17 PM
Meh, meh, meh. I would choose the last option, but I don't like The Casualties.

GreenDayChris
08-17-2008, 10:02 AM
Good, good band.

Swap-Meet
08-17-2008, 02:36 PM
Great band

BrianApocalypse
08-17-2008, 02:37 PM
Good, good band.

Chris!

Haven't seen you here in a while mate. :)

How's life in Grimsby, or wherever the f*ck up north it is you're from? :p:

GreenDayChris
08-17-2008, 05:16 PM
Chris!

Haven't seen you here in a while mate. :)

How's life in Grimsby, or wherever the f*ck up north it is you're from? :p:

Fucking Leeds you great sothern twat! :p:
Life is pretty good mate...apart from my totally un-p0nx job working in ASDA's head office, lol. That's why I've not been on here that much...that and I've not been listening to a whole lot of punk recently cos I'm in a massive rockabilly phase due to having Stray Cats tickets for September :D Over-shadowing seeing RATM at Leedsfest massively.
But if I recall you're not a rockabilly fan so I'll shut up about it.
How's things down London town then?

PS: I'm not a fool is a class tune.

DanRev
08-17-2008, 05:44 PM
Over-shadowing seeing RATM at Leedsfest massively.

Isnt the "punk" stage bollocks at readin/leeds?

I think suicide bid are playing and thats about it.

BrianApocalypse
08-17-2008, 06:23 PM
Reading is basically just a small version of London for rich people. Leeds is where people go if they want to get mugged by immigrants or raped by bin men.

I don't particularly like rockabilly. The vibe is so fake, and the music's restrictive. I prefer the european stuff bands like the Cold Megan are doing. I'm sure they do a good show though. In fact, I was supposed to be seeing the Cats at Brixton Academy on September 11th, but that's the day my album comes out so we're not bothering - we're having a wrap party instead.

London sucks, but it beats Southampton so fair game.

mike2
08-17-2008, 06:44 PM
those last five-ish posts were so wonderfully british

RizzoWashburn
08-17-2008, 06:52 PM
^I was thinking the same

mike2
08-17-2008, 06:57 PM
Leeds is where people go if they want to get mugged by immigrants or raped by bin men.

they have that in england? I thought the worst you guys had were drive by arguments...

BrianApocalypse
08-17-2008, 06:59 PM
Oh Reginald... I disagree!

mike2
08-17-2008, 07:03 PM
Oh Reginald... I disagree!

haha, cherrio! I have no idea how to spell cherrio...is it spelt like the cereal?

BrianApocalypse
08-17-2008, 07:13 PM
Cheerio.

mike2
08-17-2008, 07:17 PM
Cheerio.

gracious....

DanRev
08-17-2008, 07:24 PM
This is how the English peasantry talk (http://uk.youtube.com/watch?v=3F9bNgBg_9k)

What you Americans dont understand is that he's actually asking his girlfriend out for a light ale and assorted nuts (athankyou) at the local public house, and then a warm mug of bovril before bed time, have to be up bright and early. I learnt this on my "Peasantry studies degree" at Eton.

mike2
08-17-2008, 07:32 PM
I have no idea what they were saying except ****

DanRev
08-17-2008, 07:37 PM
They werent saying much else to be honest.

Iluvpowerchords
08-17-2008, 09:26 PM
I learnt this on my "Peasantry studies degree" at Eton.

Ah an Etonian chap! Right Ho!

I was quite chummy with serveral of your flock while I was on my Rhodes Scholarship

I considered taking up "Peasantry Stuides" myself but sadly it involved giving up Foie Gras for a field study and daddy simply wouldn't allow it.

DanRev
08-17-2008, 09:36 PM
Oh yah, for sure, its really interesting to see how they live. We also spent alot of the time watching Informative films (http://uk.youtube.com/watch?v=tQWPR9TM0Gk&feature=related) which was a jolly good plus to say the least *snoff* I also used to sneak off with Tarquin over to the french maids finishing school down the road after Rugger.

Me? The son of the 13th duke of wynbourne? Here? In the French maids finishing school? At 3 o clock in the morning? With my reputation? Bingo

/fastshow

lavazza
08-18-2008, 05:14 AM
On the LP cover Ive listened to they look like a crossover between the Angelic Upstarts and the Village People

GreenDayChris
08-19-2008, 01:50 PM
Isnt the "punk" stage bollocks at readin/leeds?

I think suicide bid are playing and thats about it.

It is a bit wank, but I'm glad you asked cos by looking at the line-up I just realised Henry Rollins is on the Alternative stage :D
Apart from that its only RATM who interest me. Might go see Goldfinger just for shits and giggles and memories of being about 12 and thinking they were great.
Here's t'line-up: http://www.leedsfestival.com/lineup/lineup.aspx

Reading is basically just a small version of London for rich people. Leeds is where people go if they want to get mugged by immigrants or raped by bin men.

I don't particularly like rockabilly. The vibe is so fake, and the music's restrictive. I prefer the european stuff bands like the Cold Megan are doing. I'm sure they do a good show though. In fact, I was supposed to be seeing the Cats at Brixton Academy on September 11th, but that's the day my album comes out so we're not bothering - we're having a wrap party instead.

London sucks, but it beats Southampton so fair game.

Leeds is bloody brilliant, I don't actually live in Leeds though.
I can get what your saying with the restrictive bit of rockabilly but I like it anyway. It's fun and means I can listen to some good guitar playin' without having to put up with boring songs like Steve Vai or some shit. And the real great rock n rollers like the Cats can make it more interesting anyway. I'll have to have a listen to Cold Megan.

A funny rockabilly story:
After been blasted for marrying his 13 year-old cousin, Jerry Lee Lewis reportedly said something along the lines of 'Yeah but she was 14 the day after I married her and no-one ever published that'

On topic: The Rejects still play the odd festival and stuff right? Anyone know if they are any good these days?

lavazza
08-19-2008, 05:02 PM

Oh you are talking about Jonathan Woodgate and Lee Bowyer? Come on its not surprising that Bowyer never did it in the Premier League, wit that face.....

DanRev
08-19-2008, 05:58 PM
It is a bit wank, but I'm glad you asked cos by looking at the line-up I just realised Henry Rollins is on the Alternative stage :D
Apart from that its only RATM who interest me. Might go see Goldfinger just for shits and giggles and memories of being about 12 and thinking they were great.
Here's t'line-up: http://www.leedsfestival.com/lineup/lineup.aspx

Same here, I'm mainly going for the ****s and giggles (and marching powder and whiz and hash and eckies and boozohol). I heard theres a fair few dance tents so I'll be hanging around them alot as the main dance tent thats on the poster is complete and utter wank. i wants some dubsteps.

mbbmalcolm
08-19-2008, 06:56 PM
The Cockney Rejects are the epitome of meh for me.

HiImKindaNewAnd
08-19-2008, 07:01 PM
I have never heard this band

GreenDayChris
08-21-2008, 03:57 PM
Same here, I'm mainly going for the ****s and giggles (and marching powder and whiz and hash and eckies and boozohol). I heard theres a fair few dance tents so I'll be hanging around them alot as the main dance tent thats on the poster is complete and utter wank. i wants some dubsteps.

Make sure you catch this:
http://www.leedsfestival.com/lineup/artist.aspx?AID=b8231915-0b89-44b8-a659-40dd0d150d92
I know I will.