Some horrible Jawbreaker covers

PDA

View Full Version : Some horrible Jawbreaker covers

I_Pwn
08-16-2008, 02:20 PM
I think it's unfortunate, but not really surprising that some very terrible bands have done very terrible covers of Jawbreaker.

Set Your Goals - Do You Still Hate Me
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=iUYvYML7afo

Fall Out Boy - Save Your Generation
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vbQ36s5sLLs

I'm sure I'll find some other ones. /pointless thread

Hello.Kitty
08-16-2008, 02:24 PM
Wait Fall Out Boy did a bad song?

It gives me chills still thinking about the fact that they covered Beat It and failed horribly. At least the Unseen gave a bad ass cover of it.

I_Pwn
08-16-2008, 02:26 PM
Wait Fall Out Boy did a bad song?

It gives me chills still thinking about the fact that they covered Beat It and failed horribly. At least the Unseen gave a bad ass cover of it.

FOB doing Gorilla Biscuits:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ibvas-K2Noo

Hello.Kitty
08-16-2008, 02:28 PM
Oh no. Do I dare open it?

EDIT: I did. Wowzers.

You know the pop punk and emo forum actually discuss this band seriously? Like ... they're serious. Theres also a Jonas Brothers thread. People here actually find this stuff full of talent and appeals to them. Blows my mind.

JesusOfSbrbia
08-16-2008, 02:34 PM
I love the Foo Fighters, but I have to say their cover of "Kiss the Bottle" is terrible, mostly because Dave Grohl doesn't sing it. The dude's voice doesn't fit the song at all.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tF0AzWOBn6M

It's weird how all the bands influenced by Jawbreaker are either really awesome, or really horrible.

Hello.Kitty
08-16-2008, 02:35 PM
Foo Fighters is my most hated band in the history of music. Too tired to explain.

Bayonetwork
08-16-2008, 02:41 PM
I love the Foo Fighters, but I have to say their cover of "Kiss the Bottle" is terrible, mostly because Dave Grohl doesn't sing it. The dude's voice doesn't fit the song at all.

It's weird how all the bands influenced by Jawbreaker are either really awesome, or really horrible.
Lucero did a pretty good cover of it. Ben Nichols' voice goes really well with it.

Manos15
08-16-2008, 02:43 PM
I love SYG, but that cover is bad.

devourthekitten
08-16-2008, 04:13 PM

And those not influenced by them are even better.

lolmnt
08-16-2008, 04:20 PM

It's weird how all the bands influenced by Jawbreaker are either really awesome, or really horrible.I don't think it's that bad.

The guy singing in that cover is Chris Shiflett who played guitar in No Use For A Name. Foo Fighters have a lot of punk cred. Of course Dave Grohl played in Scream, but they've also had Pat Smear, Franz Stahl of Scream, and Nate Mendel and William Goldsmith were in Sunny Day Real Estate (not punk but whatever).

Hello.Kitty
08-16-2008, 04:23 PM
Foo Fighters are the biggest sell out band in the history of music.

lolmnt
08-16-2008, 04:41 PM
You're a Rancid fan....

'Nuff said

Hello.Kitty
08-16-2008, 04:44 PM
Foo Fighters write songs to keep on the radio. They make jingles. They are money hungry greedy musicians.

lolmnt
08-16-2008, 04:46 PM
I can hear a Rancid song on the radio any day of the week.

Adam_Harrison9
08-16-2008, 04:51 PM
Bull****^^^

I don't even like Rancid but I've never ever ehard them on the radio nor seen them on MTV.

JesusOfSbrbia
I can hear a Rancid song on the radio any day of the week.
I've never heard a Rancid song on the radio. :eek:

Bull****^^^

I don't even like Rancid but I've never ever ehard them on the radio nor seen them on MTV.
Radio, no, but I did see "Fall Back Down" on MTV a couple times back when it came out.

Hello.Kitty
Sure.

I'm not in the mood.

devourthekitten
08-16-2008, 04:52 PM
I have, at my friend's house (SIRIUS radio...).

RizzoWashburn
08-16-2008, 04:52 PM
Yeah I don't even like them but Rancid>>>Foo Fighters.

lolmnt
08-16-2008, 04:53 PM
They play Time Bomb, Roots Radical, Falls Back Down, and a couple others along side Nickelback and Hinder on Alternative Rock stations.

Hello.Kitty
08-16-2008, 04:58 PM
You'll find a lot of stuff on SIRIUS. Theres also a punk channel playing a lot of old school hardcore.

I'm talking about fm radio that Foo Fighters write a new song every month to make sure their music is still on the radio and making money.

TheAdict310
08-16-2008, 05:00 PM
Man, hating on Rancid is so punk.

Adam_Harrison9
08-16-2008, 05:02 PM
Man, hating on Rancid is so punk.

That could be said for so many bands on this forum it's untrue. Petty tbh.

lolmnt
08-16-2008, 05:04 PM
You'll find a lot of stuff on SIRIUS. Theres also a punk channel playing a lot of old school hardcore.

I'm talking about fm radio that Foo Fighters write a new song every month to make sure their music is still on the radio and making money.I'm talking about the Former Orock 105.9 and Real Rock 101.1??? on FM radio.Man, hating on Rancid is so punk.I'm talking about my love Foo Fighters. Do you really think I care what's punk or not?

Hello.Kitty
08-16-2008, 05:11 PM
I love your attitude like you like Rancid what would you know.

Its attractive.

lolmnt
08-16-2008, 05:13 PM
I don't know what you're trying to say, but I don't like Rancid.

mike2
08-16-2008, 05:15 PM
I hear rancid on the radio everyday...roots radical, timebomb, ruby soho...

Hello.Kitty
08-16-2008, 05:17 PM
Well you sirs are privileged children.

Amuro Jay
08-16-2008, 05:17 PM

I'm talking about fm radio that Foo Fighters write a new song every month to make sure their music is still on the radio and making money.

nobody writes a new song every month... they might release a new single every month, but all those songs were released on the cd at the same time, so... its not really new.

mike2
08-16-2008, 05:18 PM
how the **** am I privileged? having to endure that retards music.

Hello.Kitty
08-16-2008, 05:20 PM
nobody writes a new song every month... they might release a new single every month, but all those songs were released on the cd at the same time, so... its not really new.

really

Amuro Jay
08-16-2008, 05:20 PM
how the **** am I privileged? having to endure that retards music.

:haha

mike2
08-16-2008, 05:21 PM
were is sargasm? I can't wait till this douche is perma-banned for the millionth time

SuperBlob
08-16-2008, 05:22 PM
Woah, do I have some sort of "People don't like the Foos" alarm in my head? I just came here for no reason, and then this is happening :p:

And anyway, I haven't heard about any new songs from them since The Pretender

Maybe I just don't pay that much attention though

devourthekitten
08-16-2008, 07:21 PM
It's really easy to write a new song every month, I write more than that. You're stupid.

werty22
08-16-2008, 07:31 PM
I don't think FOB's Start Today cover is that bad. It's fine.

I didn't bother to listen to the links in the original post.

I've never heard Rancid on the radio. I've seen videos on Fuse once or twice. Then again, I never listen to the radio or watch music channels.

It seems like this forum constantly complains about certain bands (The Casualties, Rancid, Anti-Flag, etc) and there are certain bands that people aren't allowed to dislike (like Jawbreaker, the first wave of punk in New York, etc).

Jett Diamond
08-16-2008, 07:34 PM
I don't like Jawbreaker, I don't like the Casualties, and off the top of my head, two regulars (Rockthe40oz and Lavazza to a lesser extent) often hate on the first wave of punk. Oh and axe too.
I think a good number of people on the forum just happen to have similar tastes (to some extent) and similar views.

Besides, the majority of people I know make fun of the Casualties and Anti-Flag. It's certainly not limited to this forum.

pinheadslts75
08-16-2008, 07:46 PM
That entire Bad Scene, Everybody's Fault tribute album. Which included that ****ty cover of Save Your Generation.

Bayonetwork
08-16-2008, 07:49 PM
Yeah, that CD should have been called "Bad Scene, Everyone on this CD's fault".

IcePh0enix
08-16-2008, 07:52 PM
My band covered Boxcar:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=o17qTzCJ058

It's actually not too bad...if you ignore the drumming mistakes.

devourthekitten
08-16-2008, 07:52 PM
I don't like Jawbreaker, I don't like the Casualties, and off the top of my head, two regulars (Rockthe40oz and Lavazza to a lesser extent) often hate on the first wave of punk. Oh and axe too.
I think a good number of people on the forum just happen to have similar tastes (to some extent) and similar views.

Besides, the majority of people I know make fun of the Casualties and Anti-Flag. It's certainly not limited to this forum.
First wave punk is worse than the Casualties.

IcePh0enix
08-16-2008, 07:54 PM
I'm not really a reg of this forum, but it seems like this forum dislikes at least 75% of punk haha.

neidnarb11890
08-16-2008, 08:16 PM
Well, this thread quickly degenerated into a bunch of spam. :|
Not surprising.

I don't mind Foo Fighters.
Sure, they're not the greatest, most p0nx band ever. But they're a lot better than most stuff I hear on the radio, so...
That being said, I don't listen to the radio all that often anyway.

I'm not into Rancid.
I've said it before and I'll say it again, ...And Out Come The Wolves is great, but beyond that, they do nothing for me.

On topic, Post-Modern Sounds do a horrible cover of Indictment. You can find the video on YouTube. It's the one with that kid in the gay shorts.

mike2
08-16-2008, 08:39 PM
I don't think FOB's Start Today cover is that bad. It's fine.

I didn't bother to listen to the links in the original post.

I've never heard Rancid on the radio. I've seen videos on Fuse once or twice. Then again, I never listen to the radio or watch music channels.

It seems like this forum constantly complains about certain bands (The Casualties, Rancid, Anti-Flag, etc) and there are certain bands that people aren't allowed to dislike (like Jawbreaker, the first wave of punk in New York, etc).

i hate jawbreaker

StreetLight3989
08-16-2008, 08:43 PM
Foo Fighters write songs to keep on the radio. They make jingles. They are money hungry greedy musicians.
I've heard Rancid on the alternative rock radio, and it wasn't satellite either, regular radio, they play them on there. Foo Fighters are much better than Rancid imo. Anyway, the whole Jawbreaker tribute album thing is pretty bad, except for like 2 or 3 songs.

mike2
08-16-2008, 08:44 PM
I've heard Rancid on the alternative rock radio, and it wasn't satellite either, regular radio, they play them on there. Foo Fighters are much better than Rancid imo. Anyway, the whole Jawbreaker tribute album thing is pretty bad, except for like 2 or 3 songs.

they are on FM radio all the time, vodka saying he hates foo fighters cause they are on the radio is stupid when his favorite band rancid is on their all the time...

gopherthegreat
08-16-2008, 08:51 PM
Why did this turn into a Rancid vs. Foo Fighters thread?

Descendent-182
08-16-2008, 09:09 PM
Rancid kicks ass whether they come on the radio or not. Maybe you people should stop dissing bands that you've dissed a thousand ****ing times before. You either like the band or not.

StreetLight3989
08-16-2008, 09:14 PM
Rancid kicks ass whether they come on the radio or not. Maybe you people should stop dissing bands that you've dissed a thousand ****ing times before. You either like the band or not.
Nobody was dissing Rancid until Vodka started dissing the Foo Fighters. They're on the radio, that's all I said.

Hello.Kitty
08-16-2008, 09:32 PM
Every thread turns into everyone against me and Rancid bashing. Its kinda old.

mike2
08-16-2008, 09:35 PM
Every thread turns into everyone against me and Rancid bashing. Its kinda old.
maybe you should just leave and never comeback...

Hello.Kitty
08-16-2008, 09:38 PM
maybe you should just leave and never comeback...

Alright.

TheOperator
08-16-2008, 09:59 PM
Alright.

Every thread with you becomes a OhEmGeeLookIt'sVodkaPunk thread.

Srsly.

axeslash
08-16-2008, 10:05 PM

I don't hate on first wave punk, I just don't give a **** about it, unlike some people in this forum that treat them like Gawds and everyone else just sucks.

Jett Diamond
08-16-2008, 10:14 PM
Haha then perhaps my bad. I thought I remembered you talking about how much you hated '77 or something. I don't care, I was just pointing out that this forum is not devoted to the Velvet Underground and Patti Smith or something along those lines.

What an off topic thread.

Doolittle
08-16-2008, 11:49 PM
On topic, Post-Modern Sounds do a horrible cover of Indictment. You can find the video on YouTube. It's the one with that kid in the gay shorts.
ah shut the **** up. The cover isn't bad and the shorts aren't gay.

neidnarb11890
08-17-2008, 12:25 AM
ah shut the **** up. The cover isn't bad and the shorts aren't gay.
:p:
No need to get so defensive Jeremiah, the shorts look nice on you.

;)

RiotRiotUpstart
08-17-2008, 12:36 AM

Maybe you should stop defending the bands you've defended a thousand ****ing times before. Mother****er.

Hello.Kitty
08-17-2008, 12:37 AM
Relax.

StreetLight3989
08-17-2008, 12:20 PM
God, both the punk forum and chat have been pretty hostile over the past week or two. It's getting kind of annoying, it was better a few months ago when everybody actually liked each other and didn't fight about stupid petty things. I think we should all just chill out, stop arguing, and talk about horrible Jawbreaker covers. The Boxcar cover on Bad Scene, Everyones Fault is probably the worst thing I've ever heard, it's electronic and called Boxcat.

IcePh0enix
08-17-2008, 12:24 PM
Yeah really, not one person commented on my horrible Jawbreaker cover!

:sad:

SuperBlob
08-17-2008, 01:24 PM
God, both the punk forum and chat have been pretty hostile over the past week or two. It's getting kind of annoying, it was better a few months ago when everybody actually liked each other and didn't fight about stupid petty things. I think we should all just chill out, stop arguing, and talk about horrible Jawbreaker covers. The Boxcar cover on Bad Scene, Everyones Fault is probably the worst thing I've ever heard, it's electronic and called Boxcat.
...ah crap, did my absence cause the p0nX forum to fall into disarray?

Not that that's overly egotistical or anything

devourthekitten
08-17-2008, 04:13 PM
Jawbreaker songs are already bad, why cover them?

lavazza
08-18-2008, 05:03 AM
Jawbreaker songs are already bad, why cover them?

I go with the Gangsta and make myself a persona non grata

Mav-16
08-18-2008, 05:21 AM
All this crazy confusion and chaos in this thread is not really that big of a deal....

cuz it's really funny.

oh, and heres my last contribution to this amazing thread that this has developed into.

Jawbreaker sucks

axeslash
08-18-2008, 05:53 AM
Well, looks like I've got a lot to cover in this one.

Jawbreaker isn't the be all end all bad you guys make them out to be. No band is.

Fall Out Boy plays radio music. So does Foo Fighters. So what if Grohl was in Scream. He played drums. And besides, he came in on their 4th album. Nobody cares.

Seriously guys making fun of bands was funny a while ago but seriously I can't ****ing stand all this Rancid hate or Casualties hate. It's gotten ****in' old. Like, ancient old.

Matt, you're like that one guy at a party. When two guy look like they get in a fight you're the guy who comes up between them and says "Fellas fellas! Can't we all get along?" Seriously dude, lighten up a bit.

lavazza
08-18-2008, 05:56 AM

Jawbreaker isn't the be all end all bad you guys make them out to be. No band is.

Fall Out Boy plays radio music. So does Foo Fighters. So what if Grohl was in Scream. He played drums. And besides, he came in on their 4th album. Nobody cares.

Seriously guys making fun of bands was funny a while ago but seriously I can't ****ing stand all this Rancid hate or Casualties hate. It's gotten ****in' old. Like, ancient old.

Matt, you're like that one guy at a party. When two guy look like they get in a fight you're the guy who comes up between them and says "Fellas fellas! Can't we all get along?" Seriously dude, lighten up a bit.

The casualties are ok, Rancid are ok.......Jawbreaker are boring, thatīs it.

JesusOfSbrbia
08-18-2008, 05:20 PM
Jawbreaker is amazing. I like Rancid and the Foo Fighters, I listen to Anti-Flag from time to time, and I don't like the Casualties.

...and I just said all that without being hostile or insulting anyone! :eek:

BrianApocalypse
08-18-2008, 05:29 PM
Bull****^^^

I've seen MTV just once in my life (we only have terrestrial TV) and they played the video to time bomb.

pinheadslts75
08-18-2008, 06:27 PM
Time Bomb was #2 on MTV's "Top Ten Skater Songs"

axeslash
08-18-2008, 06:36 PM
Oh my. Oh my. That MTV. That thing called MTV must be stopped.

StreetLight3989
08-18-2008, 06:37 PM

I'll lighten up, but it gets annoying when every thread turns into a petty fight nobody really gives a shit about.

TheAdict310
08-19-2008, 01:11 AM
Omgomgomgomgomgomgomg Rancid Was On Mtv Not Punk!!!!!!!!!!!11111111111

FuzzyBear
08-19-2008, 05:15 AM
in the 90's rancids time bomb was all over mainstream radio & mtv in the uk

but back to jawbreaker covers

i really like face to face's versions of chesterfield king & boat dreams from the hill

and lagwagon do a decent version of want

Cameronrobson
08-19-2008, 04:00 PM
Yeah really, not one person commented on my horrible Jawbreaker cover!

The singer needs to move around more and the song you covered should've been Sluttering.

JesusOfSbrbia
08-20-2008, 04:24 AM
My band is going to cover Jawbreaker songs.

mike2
08-20-2008, 12:29 PM
my band covers the dead boys and subhumans...I win

Hello.Kitty
08-20-2008, 05:27 PM
Timebomb is a ska song with a lot of reggae influence throughout the whole thing. I don't think it was made to be radio friendly. They probably just wrote a really good ska song. Or at least thats what I get when I listen to the actual music and lyrics of it.

Cameronrobson
08-20-2008, 05:42 PM
Timebomb is a ska song with a lot of reggae influence throughout the whole thing. I don't think it was made to be radio friendly. They probably just wrote a really good ska song. Or at least thats what I get when I listen to the actual music and lyrics of it.
Nobody cares. This is a Jawbreaker covers thread.

Hello.Kitty
08-20-2008, 05:45 PM
Nobody cares. This is a Jawbreaker covers thread.

Oh yeah no one was talking about Rancid or Timebomb.

Ska Wars
08-20-2008, 05:46 PM
You guys know there's two Jawbreaker tribute albums? I haven't heard any from the other one, though.

http://interpunk.com/item.cfm?Item=55073&

BrianApocalypse
08-20-2008, 06:15 PM
I don't think that it was supposed to be radio friendly, after all, if it was they'd have got Gwen Stefani or Pink or someone to do guest vocals.

-~-

Anyways, Jawbreaker.

Suck.

pinheadslts75
08-20-2008, 06:55 PM

I thought Time Bomb was a good ska song back when it was called Little Bitch.

neidnarb11890
08-20-2008, 07:02 PM
You guys know there's two Jawbreaker tribute albums? I haven't heard any from the other one, though.

http://interpunk.com/item.cfm?Item=55073&
What's the deal with tribute albums?
Why don't I just listen to Jawbreaker albums instead?
:confused:

Manos15
08-20-2008, 07:13 PM
Sometimes it's interesting to hear other artist's takes on your favorite bands songs. Other times it turns out just awful.

lavazza
08-21-2008, 08:34 AM
my band covers the dead boys and subhumans...I win

you band totally wins mike if you didnīt listen to the NY Dolls Iīd give you a kiss now

mike2
08-22-2008, 01:04 AM
you band totally wins mike if you didnīt listen to the NY Dolls Iīd give you a kiss now

NY Dolls are awesome...

why you be hatin' the dolls :(

lavazza
08-22-2008, 06:45 AM
NY Dolls are awesome...

why you be hatin' the dolls :(

because their music is .......wait Iīll listen to them on myspace again......they are common rock, theyīre decent musicians, though "thrash" is funny as I see now.....

mike2
08-22-2008, 03:59 PM
thrash? you mean trash?

Mav-16
08-22-2008, 04:02 PM
thrash? you mean trash?

Nah dude, didn't you know the New York Dolls were all about Thrash???

:p:

IlikeTheSKA
08-22-2008, 07:58 PM
Jesse Lacey ruined Accident Prone.

JesusOfSbrbia
08-22-2008, 10:31 PM
^ I STILL haven't seen/heard that version. Link?

IlikeTheSKA
08-22-2008, 10:54 PM
^ I STILL haven't seen/heard that version. Link?
Link (http://www.ricktalifeonahorse.com)

JesusOfSbrbia
09-16-2008, 02:40 PM
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=X4F_ufGINm4

Thought I'd bump this thread for Tim McIlrath's acoustic cover of "Tour Song."

It's not bad.