What the ****!?

PDA

View Full Version : What the ****!?

Descendent-182
08-16-2008, 08:48 PM
My neighbour Nick who's one of my best friends, well his dad's a complete DICK. I've never shown any direspect towards him or anything and he treats me like **** just because I listen to PUNK. He told me that punk is not real rock and that I should go and listen to Pinkfloyd and Queen. I just ignored him because I didn't wanna get in a fight with him or anything. Than a few months later he told me my band was never gonna make any money because we play ****ty punk music and that if I wanna be succesful I have to play good music. I struggled to keep myself from punching his ****ing teeth out and I camly said I don't care about the money. Then about a week ago me and nick were listening to The Clash in his room and his dad come's in and says turn that crap off and slams the door. He never let's Nick come to my shows and stuff even though Nick loves punk rock. Anyone else get this kinda **** for being into punk. :peace:

humperdunk
08-16-2008, 08:52 PM
one time a guy looked at me funny in the street so i stabbed him. I think this thread is meant for the pit though, pretty sure this forum is for posting about punk music, not attitude or complaining.

guitardude34875
08-16-2008, 08:53 PM
hhhmmm... you should probably just ignore him, or tell him to stop being a closed minded prick.

Mr.Kvx10
Hes right.... Just kidding :P, but he shouldnt be so narrow minded and he shouldnt stop his son from liking that kind of music, ill say hes a douche, but i dont really like punk music either thanks to repetition

StreetLight3989
That really sucks, his dad's a dick. The Clash thing is surprising though, because usually classic rock fans go nuts over them for some reason. Also, tell him that Television are 10x more talented than Pink Floyd anyway. Anyway, my friends make fun of me for liking punk sometimes, but just in a joking spirit. Most people I know support what music I like and like to play.

one time a guy looked at me funny in the street so i stabbed him. I think this thread is meant for the pit though, pretty sure this forum is for posting about punk music, not attitude or complaining.
It relates to punk, it's most likely allowed to go here, Jordan's choice.

tonedeafidiot
08-16-2008, 08:57 PM
Wrong forum.

Insult him till he hits you and press charges.

Gregray88
Spray paint I LOVE PUNK on his front door.

gopherthegreat
Anyone else get this kinda **** for being into punk. :peace:
Most people treat it like a crime to insult the Ramones or the Clash, tbh.

I have never received any hate for being into punk except for from this chubby kid who listens to Fergie and the Spice girls.

waterproofpie
08-16-2008, 08:59 PM
Voice of Reason:

1) You should listen to Queen
2) If by 'successful' he means wealthy, then you will never be successful in a punk band

HOWEVER

1) Epic phail for keeping him from seeing a friend's band, regardless of genre
2) He should listen to the Clash

zakky_s
Sounds like my dad....except he hates everything except old ass country....

StreetLight3989

I have never received any hate for being into punk except for from this chubby kid who listens to Fergie and the Spice girls.
Poke him and see if he does the pillsbury dough boy thing.

Bottle of Dirt
08-16-2008, 09:03 PM

Let me be the first in this thread to say that, I don't like the Clash.

If you want to start a fight with him and then call the cops play "I hate Led Zeppelin" by Screeching Weasel. Pisses everyone off who thinks that "classic rock" or whatever you want to call it is the best music ever.

The only people who have ever given me **** for listening to punk is my dad, and a few "Oi! Boyz" who were mad because I had better racial jokes than them.

dfresh91
08-16-2008, 09:04 PM
i dnt like punk but i think thats retarded of wat that kids dad is doing, just tell him its ur style and if he cant except then too bad

Descendent-182
08-16-2008, 09:13 PM
I'd so spray paint on his door but he'd know it was me.

gopherthegreat
08-16-2008, 09:16 PM
If you want to start a fight with him and then call the cops play "I hate Led Zeppelin" by Screeching Weasel. Pisses everyone off who thinks that "classic rock" or whatever you want to call it is the best music ever.
Your so p0nx by pretending you don't know that it's called classic rock.

Leonheart
08-16-2008, 09:17 PM
That is so comical.

I didn't realize things like that happened irl.

antianti99
08-16-2008, 09:17 PM
This one time , i got sued over something my band had in the sleeve of an album of ours. It was considered obscene by people who hated punk , so they put me on trial over obscenity charges and almost bankrupt me and my label. O sorry , that wasn't me nevermind .........

CowsWithGuns
08-16-2008, 09:21 PM
Tell the cops that he touched you inappropriately.

Bottle of Dirt
08-16-2008, 09:21 PM
Your so p0nx by pretending you don't know that it's called classic rock.

You found me out! Whatever will I do? I mean everyone calls everything the same thing all the time...

gopherthegreat
08-16-2008, 09:24 PM
You found me out! Whatever will I do? I mean everyone calls everything the same thing all the time...
Ya, I once said Classic rock and nobody knew what I meant :rolleyes:

The vast majority of people would refer to Pink Floyd and Queen as classic rock.

Bottle of Dirt
08-16-2008, 09:27 PM
Ya, I once said Classic rock and nobody knew what I meant :rolleyes:

That was really clever, no really.
But you see, as I said before, not everyone calls classic rock, classic rock. Some people still just refer to it as rock, soft rock, or various other names.

dinosaur sr
08-16-2008, 09:30 PM
the clash really arent that punk after their first two or three album

musicly that is

werty22
08-16-2008, 09:48 PM
He's trying to down the punx. You know what you have to do.

http://i33.tinypic.com/33m7udv.gif

Oi Oi Oi!

I was going to post an actual violent image, but then I realized I would get banned.

Descendent-182
08-16-2008, 09:57 PM
^ha ha ha

axeslash
08-16-2008, 10:18 PM
I hate Descendent-182 with all my heart and soul.

Hello.Kitty
08-16-2008, 10:21 PM
He is really cute though.

waterproofpie
08-16-2008, 10:26 PM
I hate Descendent-182 with all my heart and soul.

:rolleyes:

neidnarb11890
08-16-2008, 10:28 PM
:rolleyes:
Don't be hatin' on mai boi axeslash

BostonLacrosse
08-16-2008, 10:30 PM
i dunno he was kinda right, besides the Ramones punk blows...im going to listen to some Floyd i need to unwind after my open mic set i had tonight

BrianApocalypse
08-17-2008, 07:27 AM
You're a f*cking doofus, and should listen to Pink Floyd and Queen.

Slap yourself for not doing it already.