prog rock

PDA

View Full Version : prog rock

frottage
08-17-2008, 12:03 AM
i was wondering if anyone knew of any good bands similar to Blackfield or Aeon Spoke, both of whom i started listening to today. i didn't see a thread with a list of bands (like in the metal forum), so i figured i could just post a thread and ask.

Second Rate
08-17-2008, 02:06 AM
Porcupine Tree definitely has a similar sound to Blackfield (no surprise, considering they share a couple members)..... More specifically on "in absentia" and the albums prior to it. Also maybe check out some of the Portal demo tracks that are available.

RedDeath9
08-17-2008, 04:18 PM
Porcupine Tree, Riverside, Spock's Beard, Gordian Knot, Ayreon, Anubis Gate, Andromeda, Nightingale, The Black Mages...

frottage
08-18-2008, 05:37 PM
Porcupine Tree definitely has a similar sound to Blackfield (no surprise, considering they share a couple members)..... More specifically on "in absentia" and the albums prior to it. Also maybe check out some of the Portal demo tracks that are available.
already have both. :p: thanks though.

Porcupine Tree, Riverside, Spock's Beard, Gordian Knot, Ayreon, Anubis Gate, Andromeda, Nightingale, The Black Mages...
sweet, thanks. i've actually heard Andromeda, Ayreon, and Andromeda, but that was a while ago, so i must've forgotten about them or something. i listen to Gordian Knot. :)

_Marooned_
08-18-2008, 11:19 PM
Neal Morse
Anathema
Chroma Key

RedDeath9
08-18-2008, 11:51 PM
already have both. :p: thanks though.

sweet, thanks. i've actually heard Andromeda, Ayreon, and Andromeda, but that was a while ago, so i must've forgotten about them or something. i listen to Gordian Knot. :)

Lulz. :p: Yeah, no problem.

Nashag
08-23-2008, 06:55 AM
Maybe Steven Wilsons solo material? Some is available at his myspace, www.myspace.com/therealstevenwilson ... In my experience, that's even closer to Blackfield then Porcupine Tree

LucasGtrGod
08-23-2008, 07:02 AM
That's what this forum really needs, a progressive/shred recommendation thread.

Not 80's though...