The Official "Who to Listen to" List

PDA

View Full Version : The Official "Who to Listen to" List

SV300
04-13-2004, 08:48 AM
Seeing that the who to listen to list in the Musician Talk forum was quite successful, here's the list of who to listen to for the GG&A forum. Very much like the list over in the Musician Talk, this list is to pick out users who are particularly knowledgeable (ie. the ones to listen to).

So the list below, consists of members of this forum, who have been consistently helpful, given honest, insightful and more importantly accurate information, and therefore, have earned a spot on this list. In other words, listen to these people;

1. Casualty01
2. SV300
3. power freak
4. Bill43
5. Dgonz
6. PJD
7. StreamLine
8. Jacob M
9. *Def*
10. Jaeger
11. scheck006
12. Backup Guitar
13. Cmogi10
14. Asomodai
15. TGM
16. mig28
17. jono034
18. jag513
19. D Man
20. Mascot
21. mnbaseball91
22. HopePoisoned
23. Genocide dude
24. Dave_Mc
25. Seljer
26. jj1565
27. *Position Open*
28. *Position Open*
etc.

Just like the MT list, the list is NOT closed, and any members who are seen to post regularly with accurate information, and are willing to help out, will be added.

The following paragraph is copied straight from the MT thread - couldnt have put it better myself;

Please keep in mind, the above list of people does NOT mean they are the only people you should take seriously or listen to when they post. it is simply a list of people, given to you to maybe help any confusion you might have as to what might be correct or what might be wrong information..... it's a list of members who are consistently VERY helpful, knowledgeable and thorough in the areas covered by this forum. simple as that.

Just like the MT lists, unfortunately, we DO have to include a small list of people who you generally SHOULDN'T listen to, in order to avoid bad advice, arrogance, and or overall ignorance as to what they're actually saying. Here goes the list of people to ignore at all costs

Like the MT list, this list WILL be added to.
1. §ound_Of_§hade
2. Feelthevayne
3. simonparry
4. sonicyouthsaves
5. destructones
6. awsoem
7. Magnus_j
8. JaYB06
9. RememberMyName
10. *awaiting a new retard*

(Seeing as Sir §ound_Of_§hade has posted a hunk of bad/wrong advice here quite a while ago, it was only fair to include him on the GG&A list as well as the MT list :D)

casualty01
09-02-2005, 11:37 AM
ok... uh, fall cleaning time.

posts are still here from march, so, time to baleet.

Cas-:peace:

Dave_Mc
09-03-2005, 10:34 AM
Ok, seeing as how the previous posts have been cleared, i think i might make a few new recommendations for the who to listen to list (all these are IMO, of course, and i may have missed the odd howler that you've seen them post, so if you want to argue, correct me or whatever, feel free! :D ):

seljer: he seems to go out of his way to help people- especially in the threads which need complicated, long answers- i normally think "well, i'll answer it if no-one else does" since i'm lazy, and, 9 times out of 10, seljer is the person that i can just post " i agree" to, instead of having to come up with my own arguments! :cheers:

zavorash: seems to know a lot about valve amps and amps in general etc., and is pretty helpful any time i see him post!

electrik: ditto zavorash

united kid: i'm a little reluctant to recommend him, since he is quite biased a lot of the time, and sometimes confuses "advice" with "what i would do even if i play different stuff", but he still seems to know more than most people around here (bar those on the list!), so i recommend him, since he always tries to help.

Toxicity? i just assumed he'd be up there... he should go up too, even though he normally posts in the electric guitar forum...

I hope there's no-one i've forgotten, that's all i can think of now...

mnbaseball91
09-03-2005, 11:37 AM
Tox should be on there without a doubt. There are people on there who post here far less often than he does. I also agree that Seljer tends to be quite helpful. I know I've seen a lot of untied kid's posts but I'm blanking on what kind of stuff he says, so I won't vote either way with him. I'm not overly familiar with zavorash or electrik.

Funky P
09-03-2005, 11:40 AM
Lol a who not to listen to list, pretty harsh? I'm sure it will fill up fast

mnbaseball91
09-03-2005, 12:16 PM
^If you'll recall, a couple of us nominated you for it at one point!

power freak
09-03-2005, 12:25 PM
Originally posted by Dave_Mc
Ok, seeing as how the previous posts have been cleared, i think i might make a few new recommendations for the who to listen to list (all these are IMO, of course, and i may have missed the odd howler that you've seen them post, so if you want to argue, correct me or whatever, feel free! :D ):

seljer: he seems to go out of his way to help people- especially in the threads which need complicated, long answers- i normally think "well, i'll answer it if no-one else does" since i'm lazy, and, 9 times out of 10, seljer is the person that i can just post " i agree" to, instead of having to come up with my own arguments! :cheers:

zavorash: seems to know a lot about valve amps and amps in general etc., and is pretty helpful any time i see him post!

electrik: ditto zavorash

united kid: i'm a little reluctant to recommend him, since he is quite biased a lot of the time, and sometimes confuses "advice" with "what i would do even if i play different stuff", but he still seems to know more than most people around here (bar those on the list!), so i recommend him, since he always tries to help.

Toxicity? i just assumed he'd be up there... he should go up too, even though he normally posts in the electric guitar forum...

I hope there's no-one i've forgotten, that's all i can think of now...
Yeah Seljer seems quite helpful, I don't think I've seen him post something that is completely wrong, in fact most of the time he is spot on.

I haven't seen Eletrik or Zavorash too much, I'll check them out in a minute.

U-K came up last time, I said he should be on there and I still agree. IMO he isn't any different to some of the other people on the list.

Toxicity seems to know his stuff too.

But Dave isn't on the list? :confused: Maybe I'm being retarded and not looking properly but I don't see him.

I think I'll add Dave, Seljer and Toxic unless anybody has any objections?

:cheers:

Funky P
09-03-2005, 12:30 PM
Originally posted by mnbaseball91
^If you'll recall, a couple of us nominated you for it at one point!

Well i'm staying out of this forum for the most part.

The only stuff i really only give advise about is pickups, non pop-punk pickups

Dave_Mc
09-03-2005, 12:38 PM
Originally posted by Funky P
Well i'm staying out of this forum for the most part.

The only stuff i really only give advise about is pickups, non pop-punk pickups

i agree you seem to know your stuff about seymour duncan pickups :cheers: i think it was that howler about valve amps needing to be called dual rectos to have distortion or something that got you nominated before, but most of the time your posts seem fine... also you sometimes post sarcastic stuff and it's hard to tell if you're being serious or not :D

and cheers for the nomination, pf :cheers:

mnbaseball91
09-03-2005, 12:39 PM
uh..what!? How is Dave not on the list? I could have sworn he was. PF, I think something needs to be done about that!

And Funky, don't worry, you've shaped up since then. BTW, is that you over on the Seymour Duncan forums occasionally? Same name, different avatar.

Dave_Mc
09-03-2005, 12:40 PM
Originally posted by power freak
U-K came up last time, I said he should be on there and I still agree. IMO he isn't any different to some of the other people on the list.

true, it's not like any of us isn't biased- anyone who's seen any of my posts in any thread about "which metal amp" for $1000 or more will know that... (you know you want an Engl!) :D

Funky P
09-03-2005, 12:40 PM
Who else would use this name? lol

I like SD fourms cuz its full of intellectual gear heads, when i run out of sarcastic comments i go there to cool off.

Dave_Mc
09-03-2005, 05:31 PM
I knew I'd forgotten someone, i forgot joyful womble, he should be on the "who to listen to" list too (IMO)!

joyful womble
09-03-2005, 05:37 PM
i second dave, (or third, or fourth, or whatever) even before reading the above post. i'll have start to be a little more responsible though... ie no more sarcastic comments to n00bs... :sad:

;)

Dave_Mc
09-03-2005, 05:41 PM
Originally posted by joyful womble
i second dave, (or third, or fourth, or whatever) even before reading the above post. i'll have start to be a little more responsible though... ie no more sarcastic comments to n00bs... :sad:

;)

ah, you can still be sarcastic at times, you just kind of have to do it in a nice way...

Funky P
09-03-2005, 06:44 PM
Originally posted by Dave_Mc
you just kind of have to do it in a nice way...

sarcasm in a nice way? absurd:bonk:

m1dnight
09-04-2005, 02:00 PM
Seljer

electrik
09-05-2005, 10:05 AM
I definately recommend dave, hes one of the nicest, most helpful people on here.

HammerofTheGods
09-05-2005, 10:13 AM
i would like to nominate Dave Mc. very helpful with valve amps.

Dave_Mc
09-05-2005, 11:25 AM
aw, thanks for all the recommendations, i'm starting to feel all warm and fuzzy inside :D

D Man
09-06-2005, 01:31 PM
Dave on the list? Bout time, I just popped in this thread to recomend him.

mnbaseball91
09-07-2005, 05:56 PM
[not sure where else to post this]

I see Cas has been added to the list of G&A mods...but I've never seen him post here before! Give us a shout out bro!

Mascot
09-07-2005, 08:00 PM
To be honest, I haven't seen. . .

Cas, Bill, Dgonz, Streamline, Jacob, Cmogi, or mig post in quite a while.

mnbaseball91
09-07-2005, 08:41 PM
^Yeah, but Cas is on the mod list, whereas the others are on the "who to listen to" list. I was always a little confused about names not being taken off the list, but then SV300 showed up after almost a year of being gone. You never know...

Mascot
09-07-2005, 08:57 PM
Yeah.

I was suprised to see SV come back.

Things is, Cas may be a mod, but for all I know, he could know absolutely nothing about gear. ( I'm sure this isn't true, I'm just saying. )

HopePoisoned
09-08-2005, 08:29 PM
Lol a who not to listen to list, pretty harsh? I'm sure it will fill up fast

last thread I came down on you hard for that list :p

Who else would use this name? lol

I like SD fourms cuz its full of intellectual gear heads, when i run out of sarcastic comments i go there to cool off.

i head over to HRI - to hang with other technicians who dont even know what the DS-1 is, rack heads!

unitedkid
09-16-2005, 11:28 AM
i would definetly stay away from unitedkid, that guy is a chatch.

Refugene
09-21-2005, 09:00 PM
you shuold all listen to me fools

Mascot
09-22-2005, 06:13 PM
Uhh, right.

HopePoisoned
09-26-2005, 04:12 PM
i tend to not really listen to anyone here...except the obvious people to listen to (tox, maybe mascot, maybe unitedkid, etc. etc.)

Zavorash
09-26-2005, 04:39 PM
i tend to not really listen to anyone here...except the obvious people to listen to (tox, maybe mascot, maybe unitedkid, etc. etc.)

I more or less agree with you here. While there are certain members that tend to give helpful advice on a consistent basis, tone is a very opinionated subject. This list seems to elevate some to a level of "always right" or "always wrong". The truth is, the only concrete facts lie in the construction of the gear; the sound produced is totally subjective. Even the members on the "who to listen to" list are prone to recommend a product that sounds awful to another listener.

Dave_Mc
09-27-2005, 04:39 AM
^exactly

although i normally find when i try an amp that recognised "tone hounds" say is good, it's normally good- pf recommended kochs, and they were certainly very nice when i tried them...

Preid
09-27-2005, 04:22 PM
Like the MT list, this list WILL be added to.
1. §ound_Of_§hade
2. Feelthevayne
3. simonparry
4. sonicyouthsaves
5. destructones
6. awsoem
7. Magnus_j
8. JaYB06
9. RememberMyName
10. *awaiting a new retard*

(Seeing as Sir §ound_Of_§hade has posted a hunk of bad/wrong advice here quite a while ago, it was only fair to include him on the GG&A list as well as the MT list :D)

I could be the new retard :liplick:

joyful womble
09-27-2005, 04:34 PM
i thought you were joking, then i read some of your posts.

since you've just nominated yourself, i second you...

Preid
09-27-2005, 04:40 PM
^ hot digity

D Man
09-27-2005, 06:40 PM
JJ565.

She posts well. Never seen a bad one. Always helpfull.

singlecoiled
09-27-2005, 08:33 PM
^ maybe tryhardslash for the who not to listen to, he seems to be posting alot of wrong information (check my sig). JJ1656(??) posts helpfully, so she deserves a spot.

Mascot
09-27-2005, 10:46 PM
JJ565?

To be honest, I have absolutely no memory of ever reading a post by her.

Dave_Mc
09-28-2005, 04:16 AM
^ maybe tryhardslash for the who not to listen to, he seems to be posting alot of wrong information (check my sig). JJ1656(??) posts helpfully, so she deserves a spot.

seconded on both counts (at least if tryhardslash posts any more stupid replies)

jj normally posts in electric guitar mascot, but i think she should be on the list, because when she does post in here, you know it's going to be accurate...

mnbaseball91
09-28-2005, 03:05 PM
For the second time today, I second JJ's nomination.

Mascot
09-28-2005, 06:49 PM
Nevermind. :p:

Yeah, I know JJ, my bad. Its the lack of an avatar that doesn't make me remember - but yeah, I'll give a nod to JJ, too.

Dave_Mc
09-30-2005, 11:12 AM
^ok, tryhardslash had his last chance, i now wholeheartedly second his recommendation for the "who not to listen to list"

look here: http://www.ultimate-guitar.com/forum/showthread.php?t=264469

EDIT: ok, so it's in the eg forum, but who cares?

and it's in my sig :D

narmi
09-30-2005, 12:13 PM

:haha :haha :haha :haha @ the sig

:haha

xifr
09-30-2005, 08:21 PM
About tryhard slash, I think this summarized it all
http://www.ultimate-guitar.com/forum/showthread.php?p=4129903#post4129903

Yes, I also third it.

electrik
09-30-2005, 09:08 PM
O jeeze, yeah, i fourth it.

Dookie_1988
10-01-2005, 06:10 PM
What about ~hypermonkey~... surely he should be on the list.. as well as me ;) , dont worry, im not really that up myself...

but seriously, ~hypermonkey~ should be there...

oh, and calum...

electrik
10-01-2005, 06:55 PM
well, id second hypermonkey in an instant if it was in the customization forum, but he doesnt come to G&A that much, and i havent seen calum around here much lately either,

xifr
10-01-2005, 09:48 PM
I'll nominate willrock4life for the idiot list due to the comment found in my sig.

-X

Dave_Mc
10-02-2005, 04:41 AM
well, id second hypermonkey in an instant if it was in the customization forum, but he doesnt come to G&S that much, and i havent seen calum around here much lately either,

seconded

if we're starting a new round of recommendations, i still think electrik, zavorash and joyful womble should be on there. gpderek or whatever his full name is, he's normally very helpful too, and maybe even nic_2_090 (if that's his right name)

i don't see any of these guys doing any different to most of us on the list, they're always very helpful and post solid advice most if not all the time

and xifr, if willrock4life posts another howler like that, i'll second him, but i think we should give him another chance, since we gave tryhardslash about 20 chances...

EDIT: i just realised xifr isn't on the list, he should be!

EDIT: i've got a new nomination for the Retard List- check my sig. I think he's posted crap before, but if he posts anything else stupid, i think he should be nominated too (as i said, we gave tryhardslash several chances)

Dave_Mc
10-02-2005, 05:05 AM
Sorry for the double post, but it crashes when you try to edit anything of any length now :(

i have a new recommendation for the retard list- ooba_farz- check my sig. I think he's posted crap before, but i'm not certain. Anyway, if he posts anything stupid again, i nominate him (since we gave tryhardslash so many chances)

xifr
10-02-2005, 07:41 AM
EDIT: i just realised xifr isn't on the list, he should be!

Awwwww thanks :)

Wait, which list?
>_>
<_<
:p:

Dave_Mc
10-02-2005, 08:09 AM
^this one as well as the g b&c one!

xifr
10-02-2005, 08:23 AM
^this one as well as the g b&c one!

Was talking in reference to who to listen or retard box :p: :haha

Dave_Mc
10-02-2005, 08:41 AM
^the retard box, obviously ;)

PF: I had nothing to do with this....... honest! :rolleyes:

jj1565
10-02-2005, 03:50 PM
I thought you all finished this list business already. Thanks for the nod, I'll try to spend more time over here.

Oh, feel free to call me Jenny.

xifr
10-02-2005, 07:23 PM
PF: I had nothing to do with this....... honest! :rolleyes:

You're on the list for a nasty email :mad:

;) :p:

Mascot
10-02-2005, 08:35 PM
I thought you all finished this list business already. Thanks for the nod, I'll try to spend more time over here.

Oh, feel free to call me Jenny.

Yeah.

Let's get to know each other! Uhh, I'm Teddy, I guess - not sure what's on my birth certificate, but I believe its Theodore. What a lame name. People just call me Teddy or Ted, now, so call me whatever you want.

I know Dave_Mc, is Dave. . . I think. . .

So, I know Jenny, Lewis, and Dave.

mnbaseball91
10-02-2005, 08:37 PM
^so THAT'S where the avatar comes from! I get it now!

My name is Baseball, nice to meet you guys (and gals). And yes, lets get Jenny on that list if she isn't already (maybe I'm getting confused with the one in B&C).

utsapp89
10-02-2005, 10:02 PM
I nominate BlinkBlinkBlink for the retard list because of this:
http://ultimate-guitar.com/forum/showthread.php?t=265261

xifr
10-02-2005, 11:02 PM
Well I'd prefer not to disclose my name, as it is rather... crap. Just call me X :p:

Also I'll wholeheartidly second blinkblinkblink.

Dave_Mc
10-03-2005, 04:08 AM
^so THAT'S where the avatar comes from! I get it now!

makes sense now- and yep, i am dave! got the most boring user name ever- i basically entered it, think "someone's bound to have this name" and when it wasn't taken, i just went with it!

and damn lewis and his scabby editing of my posts, xifr! :D

EDIT: despite his insightful recommendation of asking me for advice ( ;) ), i second blink too- i think he's been posting other crap too, afaik

and as well as the last lot of recommendations, i think utsapp should be on the list too... (the good list, NOT the retard list, PF :D )

mnbaseball91
10-03-2005, 02:52 PM
I nominate BlinkBlinkBlink for the retard list because of this:
http://ultimate-guitar.com/forum/showthread.php?t=265261

I thought it would look bad if I nominated him, but I have no problem seconding (or fourthing) the nomination! :mad:

He called me an idiot!

gpderek09
10-04-2005, 08:01 PM
i say Zavorash should be on the list. (the good one)

psykopoo goes on the retard list.

reasons:
http://www.ultimate-guitar.com/forum/showthread.php?t=265231&page=1&pp=20

Mascot
10-04-2005, 10:20 PM
Zavo, sure.

psykopoo, honestly, I don't understand why he isn't. . . banned. He has so much spam : http://www.ultimate-guitar.com/forum/search.php?searchid=18617

Dave_Mc
10-05-2005, 04:19 AM
^yeah, i nominated zavo (along with several others) ages ago

and crunchmeister turned up again yesterday, he should be on there...

gpderek09
10-05-2005, 05:42 PM
^ i second crunh. i've always thought that dude had some sence.

dave you changed your sig again.

Mascot
10-06-2005, 12:33 AM
Haven't seen Crunch in a long time.

Dave_Mc
10-06-2005, 05:14 AM
^he was about yesterday- that dude knows his stuff

i still think he should be on, because, although he isn't around much, you KNOW it's going to be accurate, and isn't that what matters?

yeah, derek, i saw the line6 + slipknot thing- so good (and so wrong) on so many levels, i just couldn't resist :D

Burtonjp
10-06-2005, 10:11 PM
ENGL SE $3,519
Framus Cobra $2,399
ENGL Powrball $1,839
psykopoo: All those tones are ****e, get a line 6 spider 2.
Who said I was being sarcastic?
Yeah, **** off, when you can play the blackened solo feel free to ****ing comment dickheads...until then keep listening to your ****ing weezer records.
****edy ****ing **** ****er
God help us all if people start listening to him.

Dave_Mc
10-07-2005, 04:26 AM
^yeah, i've seen that thread! :haha

gpderek09
10-07-2005, 11:41 PM
^^ o yeah? well thats MY thread!

utsapp89
10-08-2005, 05:03 PM
and as well as the last lot of recommendations, i think utsapp should be on the list too... (the good list, NOT the retard list, PF :D )
Ah, well I'm honoured :D
I'll also say Crunch should definately be on the good list, I've never seen him post anything that wasn't helpful.

gpderek09
10-10-2005, 08:10 PM
^ i think you should be on the good list.

mnbaseball91
10-12-2005, 04:09 PM
OK kids, todays nominee:

ok, if you want to out do drummers then the best thing to go with is a marshall as they are normally louder than you think (a marhsall 100 watt is alot louder than a fender 100 watt, no matter if they're solid state hybrid or valve powered). 30 watts may be enough but if this is your second amp you should really save up and get something louder that will last you until you do quite big gigs

Can you guess which list I'm nominating him for?

utsapp89
10-12-2005, 06:40 PM
^But my MG10 pwnzoRs teh DiEzel VH4, it's so much louder!

I second blynd_snyper.

Dave_Mc
10-13-2005, 11:37 AM
^i third him- i didn't see that one ( :haha , by the way), but i think i've seen him post ill-informed guff in other threads...

misfits385
10-13-2005, 06:11 PM
wheres dave!?!

mnbaseball91
10-13-2005, 09:02 PM
^#24...

Dave_Mc
10-14-2005, 04:48 AM
^ cheers , baseball :cheers:

gpderek09
10-16-2005, 02:18 PM
i think nic should be on the good list...

Dave_Mc
10-17-2005, 04:14 AM
^ ditto

there's about 5 or 6 others i think should also be on the good list (i've mentioned them in previous posts), i don't see them doing anything different to us guys on the list, and let's face it, several of the guys on the list haven't been around for a while (i'm not advocating taking them off, i'm just saying some of the newer guys who actually post useful info regularly should be on there...)

mnbaseball91
10-17-2005, 02:56 PM
I'll third nic. He passed my test - I sent him a PM in a semi-asleep state that could easily have been considered a little rude of me, but he took it well. ;)

Besides, I can't handle ALL the Traynor questions!

unitedkid
10-18-2005, 07:07 AM
Besides, I can't handle ALL the Traynor questions!

i still get keeley questions from time to time. grant it we all set ourselves up to be walking billboards and plug for brands we love and rely on.

i plug keeley
hope poisoned plugs barber
baseball plugs traynor
powerfreak plugs the cs-9
*insert random ug'er* plugs engl

gpderek09
10-18-2005, 07:26 AM
^ Me and dave are the ENGL's fan boy's. :cheers:

mnbaseball91
10-18-2005, 02:59 PM
I still love my Cubes, by the way...and Schecters!

gpderek09
10-18-2005, 08:50 PM
^ and traynors...

Molsons Golden
10-23-2005, 12:32 PM
Blink Blink Blink should defineatly be on the who not to listen to.

Dave_Mc
10-23-2005, 12:52 PM
^i don't know- afaik, i've seen him post some sensible advice, interspersed with the odd bit of dodgy advice...

i'm not certain...

electrik
10-23-2005, 01:32 PM
^Yeah... I've seen worse than him, but generally his information is flawed.

Dave_Mc
10-23-2005, 01:43 PM
^exactly- even when he gets it right, it's for the wrong reason, kind of thing...

still, i've seen worse...

Molsons Golden
10-23-2005, 02:08 PM
I have seen him give some decent advice also, but usaully just spews verbal diarrhea.

unitedkid
10-24-2005, 01:41 PM
hahahahaha verbal diarrhea....to the kids lusting after marshall mg's and line 6, we "buy a tube combo" ug'ers are spewing verbal diarrhea, we are ruining their dreams of having "every amp they EVER wanted in ONE box!!"

gpderek09
10-24-2005, 07:52 PM
angus_slash_vh diserves to be on the bad list. i'm fed up with that kid.

Preid
10-24-2005, 11:55 PM
which list am i on?

xifr
10-25-2005, 01:35 AM
^ Me and dave are the ENGL's fan boy's. :cheers:

Peh, I'm the one who actually owns one.

;)

Besides, Def is the official ENGL fanboy, but he seems to be inactive.

unitedkid
10-25-2005, 08:12 AM
Peh, I'm the one who actually owns one.

;)

Besides, Def is the official ENGL fanboy, but he seems to be inactive.

i thought powerfreak owned engl as well?!? i'm probably wrong though.

Dave_Mc
10-25-2005, 08:35 AM
^i thought lewis/pf owned a tsl?

unitedkid
10-25-2005, 08:52 AM
maybe so....i find it very interesting for a kid to love holdsworth and choose a TSL as his amp. then again i thought he had an engl. i bet he modded the hell out of it though, i'm sure the amp can give birth on command now.

Dave_Mc
10-25-2005, 11:02 AM
^ :haha

power freak
10-25-2005, 12:48 PM
maybe so....i find it very interesting for a kid to love holdsworth and choose a TSL as his amp. then again i thought he had an engl. i bet he modded the hell out of it though, i'm sure the amp can give birth on command now.
Now that's an idea!

Let's just say my DSL has none of the original signal components, different speaker and modified voltage levels. Not your typical DSL anymore. ;) I got the DSL in the sale, I didn't really have much option. £300 brand new and they bought my old amp (some laney hybrid thing) for almost as much as I bought it for. So a tube amp for around £100? I think so!

I may be getting a vintage gibbo amp soon though, I can't give it a real test until this weekend though (hope it isn't sold!) I loved the last one I tried but didn't have the cash, now I've got enough. :cool: Again not your typical Holdsworth amp. ;) If that doesn't work out I'll hopefully find an old silverface to get "Fuch'd."

On the subject of Allan, you can't really say an amp is a "Holdsworth" amp. He's played Marshall JCM900s (which I hate with firey passion) Plexis, Vox AC30s, Mesa Marks, Mesa Rectifiers, Mesa .50 Caliber, Hartley Thomsons, THD, Pearce, Yamaha etc. etc. Yet he's still Allan and still sounds somewhat similar. (The Yamaha digital amp still shocks me the most!)

unitedkid
10-25-2005, 12:58 PM
hmmmm vintage gibson Vs. top hat

gpderek09
10-28-2005, 07:17 AM
^ um, what?

unitedkid
10-28-2005, 07:46 AM
I may be getting a vintage gibbo amp soon though, I can't give it a real test until this weekend though (hope it isn't sold!)

in reference to the vintage gibbo

gpderek09
10-28-2005, 04:08 PM
^ o i gotcha. you got an avatar finaly.

unitedkid
10-28-2005, 04:09 PM
hahaha, yea finally

gpderek09
10-28-2005, 04:13 PM
cool.

i dont get it though....???

unitedkid
10-28-2005, 04:14 PM
it's me, hahahaha

gpderek09
10-28-2005, 04:14 PM
ooooo i gotcha.

unitedkid
10-28-2005, 04:18 PM
you coming on to me gp?

gpderek09
10-28-2005, 04:20 PM
no, but do you think this is spam? Dave won't come down on us now that he's a mod i dont think :p:

unitedkid
10-28-2005, 04:24 PM
hahahahaha i just found that out 10 minutes ago. at this rate, dave will become admin of this UG ship. first getting a thread stickied, then getting on the who to listen to list, followed by mod, soon he'll be making love with our sisters

Dave_Mc
10-28-2005, 04:27 PM

anyway, anyone else feel free to post anything on topic any time soon! :cheers:

gpderek09
10-28-2005, 04:27 PM
and i've been a member longer than him! :p:

Dave_Mc
10-28-2005, 04:29 PM
^you're still the #1 gain \/\/hore though...

unitedkid
10-28-2005, 04:31 PM
hows it feel to be second best.

gpderek09
10-28-2005, 04:31 PM
and dont you forget it!

Dave_Mc
10-28-2005, 04:53 PM
^ :(

anyway...

anyway, anyone else feel free to post anything on topic any time soon! :cheers:

unitedkid
10-28-2005, 05:05 PM
fine, i nominate dave_mc

Dave_Mc
10-28-2005, 05:06 PM
^ touche! EDIT: and dare i say it, PWNED! :(

gpderek09
10-28-2005, 05:08 PM
grr... i've been trying to get on that list since i figured out about it :grrr:

mnbaseball91
10-28-2005, 05:27 PM
Wait a second, Dave's a mod? RUN FOR YOUR LIVES!!!!

This is awfully quick, but he seems perfect for the job. Even if I wanted to be a mod (and if they wanted me too), I think it would be hazardous to my health to spend more time here than I already do. ;) Congrats Dave.

What I was going to say before I saw that was: It's not spam if it's in a sticky modded by PF. :p:

gpderek09
10-28-2005, 05:30 PM
nice job on your guitar, btw (since it's not spam :p:)

mnbaseball91
10-28-2005, 05:36 PM
Why thank you! I got the neck pocket nice and snug last night and it's sounding really cool. Hopefully goes in for a fretjob this weekend.

power freak
10-28-2005, 06:13 PM
As we're the "ones to listen to" I suggest we try and set a better example in this thread. ;) Let's try and keep somewhat to the original topic. lol.

gpderek09
10-28-2005, 06:15 PM
^ sorry about that :D

electrik
10-28-2005, 07:10 PM
^Well dereks not really on the list yet, so hes not technically a "who to listen to" UG'er! :p:

xifr
10-28-2005, 07:21 PM
Yeah, we can spam and the only way to shut us up is to put us on the list ;)

jj1565
10-28-2005, 07:34 PM
i dont remember the list, but i would've thought ^all these guys up here were on it.
derek tries to beat me to every answer. maybe thats a character flaw, but anyway. :p

as for this thread. i like that its casual. i feel like ive gotten to know the regulars a lot better just from following along. and its not like anyone new reads a sticky thread to even know we are here talking. ;)

electrik
10-28-2005, 07:57 PM
i dont remember the list, but i would've thought ^all these guys up here were on it.
derek tries to beat me to every answer. maybe thats a character flaw, but anyway. :p

as for this thread. i like that its casual. i feel like ive gotten to know the regulars a lot better just from following along. and its not like anyone new reads a sticky thread to even know we are here talking. ;)

mnbaseball91
10-28-2005, 08:10 PM
That's the brilliance of stickys: Once they're stickied, nobody who needs to read them actually bothers!

And back on topic, I'm nominating xifr and derek.

gpderek09
10-28-2005, 10:39 PM

dont forget, i ask you for pictures too :bonk:

thanks baseball!

jj1565
10-28-2005, 10:51 PM
ill second them, if ull permit. and derek haha no. ^

gpderek09
10-28-2005, 11:00 PM
aww c'mon, you know you wanna. :haha

and thanks for the seconding :D

xifr
10-29-2005, 09:11 AM
I just was looking through the top spammers, and I noticed Dave was up there, with a whopping 22.5 posts per day.

SPAMMER!!! :p:

unitedkid
10-29-2005, 10:52 AM
i will third gpderek. he's my battlecry sidekick when dave_mc is out

Dave_Mc
10-29-2005, 11:24 AM
I just was looking through the top spammers, and I noticed Dave was up there, with a whopping 22.5 posts per day.

SPAMMER!!! :p:

where do you get to that link again of the elite spammers? i haven't been able to find it since UG was updated recently...

i'd have about half as many posts as i do if i didn't just post :cheers: to agree with most people...

electrik
10-29-2005, 11:29 AM
^Holy **** lol, thats a lot of spam!!!

I'll also nominate xifr and derek...

unitedkid
10-29-2005, 11:31 AM
i haven't seen much of xifr's posts, but the stuff i do see is good, i second it

jj1565
10-29-2005, 12:00 PM
^yeah, i cant find the elite spammers either.

wow, and dave if u posted to agree with me as may times as u wanted, u would have a hundred posts a day. :p

gpderek09
10-29-2005, 12:06 PM
he always posts just to say he second me/zavorash/eletrik/nic/jenny/xifr. its the cheap way man! he should have a Dave_MC seal of approval!

and thats for all the nominations! jenny, you're on there right?

yeah you're on there.

electrik
10-29-2005, 12:29 PM
I had to.

gpderek09
10-29-2005, 12:31 PM
:haha :haha :haha :haha :haha :haha

thats to f*cking great electrik... to f*cking great. can't wait till dave sees it.

electrik
10-29-2005, 12:40 PM
:haha :haha :haha :haha :haha :haha

thats to f*cking great electrik... to f*cking great. can't wait till dave sees it.

:D :D

unitedkid
10-29-2005, 12:42 PM
dave will probably print that out, laminate it, put it on his jacket, and try and pick up chicks at the pub.

gpderek09
10-29-2005, 12:43 PM
or just save it to his computer and post it in every thread to up his post count :D

keeleymodkid, you on there yet? (unitedkid)\

no? well you should be. i'll nominate you!

electrik
10-29-2005, 12:46 PM
dave will probably print that out, laminate it, put it on his jacket, and try and pick up chicks at the pub.

Dave: Hey baby, you've got my seal of approval * winks and shows print out* :cool:

Girl: :wtf:

unitedkid
10-29-2005, 12:50 PM
hahahahahha that little smiley is priceless. and thanks for the nomination gp!

electrik
10-29-2005, 12:52 PM
Yeah you should be on the list too.

gpderek09
10-29-2005, 12:53 PM
^unitedked, just call me derek. its cool.

Dave_Mc
10-29-2005, 04:12 PM
Dave: Hey baby, you've got my seal of approval * winks and shows print out* :cool:

Girl: :wtf:

and thanks for the seal of approval, you do realise i'm going to be using that from now on in threads instead of :cheers:

xifr
10-29-2005, 06:55 PM

Hahahaha.

For the spammers list, you gotta go members list, and click "posts" to search by postcount.

Anyway, I'll second, third, whatever derek and the nub kid :p:

gpderek09
10-29-2005, 07:19 PM

and thanks for the seal of approval, you do realise i'm going to be using that from now on in threads instead of :cheers:

i know you will. ;)

arn't you glad i came up with the idea? :p:

electrik
10-29-2005, 08:28 PM
Hahahaha.

For the spammers list, you gotta go members list, and click "posts" to search by postcount.

Anyway, I'll second, third, whatever derek and the nub kid :p:

Bah, im only on the 6th page. :sad:

mnbaseball91
10-29-2005, 08:59 PM
Sweet, I finally passed whitestripesrox on the posts lists. I don't know if any of you remember him, but he was the worst. Just about every single one of his posts was just him repeating what someone else said like he came up with it all by himself.

And Dave, that posts per day is sickening.

jj1565
10-29-2005, 10:08 PM
just to let u know how sick i really am, i didnt post for like the first year i joined and ive still managed to creep up my average to 7 posts a day!
im going to have to let dman do the math.

gpderek09
10-29-2005, 11:07 PM
^ you sick little moo cow!

Dave_Mc
10-30-2005, 06:42 AM
I didn't post all that much for the first couple of months... ;)

xifr
10-30-2005, 06:44 AM
I didn't post all that much for the first couple of months... ;)

Have you ever thought of going outside?

Dave_Mc
10-30-2005, 06:46 AM
^but it's cold out there... :(

xifr
10-30-2005, 08:15 AM
^but it's cold out there... :(
There there.

Anyway, Dave, you're now the noob mod ;)

and to celebrate it, we have this double post ;)
http://img411.imageshack.us/img411/2384/davedoublepost1cq.th.gif (http://img411.imageshack.us/my.php?image=davedoublepost1cq.gif)

Dave_Mc
10-30-2005, 09:15 AM

have to fix that!

electrik
10-30-2005, 10:37 AM
Wow this thread is going downhill pretty fast isnt it...

mnbaseball91
10-30-2005, 10:45 AM
I think SV300 is turning in his UG grave.

gpderek09
10-30-2005, 10:49 AM
yeah, im sure beat will clean it up though. ( sorry about the spam-athon dave :p: )

Dave_Mc
10-30-2005, 11:00 AM
i could always clean it if you wanted ;)

EDIT: no real point though, cos i'm going to be streamlining the stickies...

gpderek09
10-30-2005, 11:02 AM
i dont care if it gets cleand at all. its the mods job after all ;)

electrik
10-30-2005, 11:05 AM
Dave, you know you dont wanna clean it up... Your posts will go down!!

gpderek09
10-30-2005, 11:06 AM
Dave, you know you dont wanna clean it up... Your posts will go down!!
god forbid :bonk:

Dave_Mc
10-30-2005, 11:14 AM
god forbid :bonk:

just for you guys!

electrik
10-30-2005, 11:18 AM

Dave_Mc
10-30-2005, 11:21 AM
gah, now unfortunately, i can't post it again!

electrik
10-30-2005, 11:23 AM
what do you mean?

Dave_Mc
10-30-2005, 12:00 PM
since it's a pic, to save bandwidth, it'll only let you post the same pic once on the entire forums threads....

mnbaseball91
10-30-2005, 12:01 PM
upload it to photobucket!

jj1565
10-30-2005, 12:09 PM
awe yeah, i hate to spam here, but dave u have to shrink it in photo or paint, and upload it onto photobucket and add the link after all ur proclamations.
that would be very excellent.

Dave_Mc
10-30-2005, 12:13 PM
i'm not familiar with photobucket :(

anyway, i'm de-stickying this thread, and combining it with the forum conduct thread, so if you want to check the (updated) list, check there!

mnbaseball91
10-30-2005, 12:30 PM
www.photobucket.com

I'm not sure I see the logic in unstickying this. Where will we spam?

Dave_Mc
10-30-2005, 12:32 PM
the other thread that i've just stickied- the ironically named "good forum conduct" thread!

electrik
10-30-2005, 12:32 PM
Well the advantage of it being unstickied and not deleted, is that we retain our post count!

I guess we'll have to find a new thread to spam...

:D

Dave_Mc
10-30-2005, 12:34 PM
Well the advantage of it being unstickied and not deleted, is that we retain our post count!

don't be daft, that's not why i unstickied it instead of deleting it! ;)

xifr
10-30-2005, 07:08 PM
don't be daft, that's not why i unstickied it instead of deleting it! ;)
The real reason is he's still the noob mod and doesn't know how to delete it ;)

Don't worry, we still love you dave :p:

mnbaseball91
10-30-2005, 08:36 PM
I say we conspire to keep this thing from dying...at least until someone comes along and closes it.

xifr
10-30-2005, 08:39 PM
I say we conspire to keep this thing from dying...at least until someone comes along and closes it.
*Scrambles to knock wood*

NEVER WILL IT BE CLOSED!!! NEVER!!!

NEVER!!!

Molsons Golden
10-30-2005, 09:19 PM
Not to be a punk but I don't see most of the people listed on the site that much.

Myself I trust Casualty01, power freak, Cmogi10, D Man, Mascot, mnbaseball91, Dave_Mc
,Seljer, jj1565, Zavorash, Electrik, Unitedkid, Toxicity, & Xifr.

Of corse this is only for the GG&A threads. I myself do know more than most about stomps in particular, but the above listed are reliable sorces of non-b*ll**** replys.

The above are also a good choice to listen to in general, they won't post about something they don't know about.

mnbaseball91
10-30-2005, 09:28 PM
^Cas rarely posts about gear either! You never know when those Ausies TGM and SV300 are going to stop by.

RememberMyName
12-11-2005, 10:12 PM
HA HA! YES!!! Number 9, it doesn't get much better than this. I ask though, why is my name highlighted in red?

By the way, I'd like to thank all those who voted for me. This is an honour unsurpassed by anything else that I've ever done. There's only one thing to do now:

ONWARD TO CONQUER MX-TABS!!!!!!!!!!!!

Peace brothers :peace:

electrik
12-11-2005, 10:13 PM
...Zombie thread?

TGM
12-11-2005, 11:19 PM
I think SV300 is turning in his UG grave.

What ever happenned to SV? He was my favorite mod of this forum, sorry dave/PF. I know he came back to Aus (with a neverending cheap supply of strings :mad: ). And he could set up a floyd in under 8 minutes. :)

Speaking of that, I wouldn't mind seeing more of jono, mig, Bill, PJD, nirvanaozzie, and Def. Oh well, times change and people come and go. It's wierd how the forums go through cycles like that. And they always seem to have a common topic that's obvious in everythread in hindsight.

I haven't been around too much lately, and if I have alot of it's been spam, like this post. :(

Not to be a punk but I don't see most of the people listed on the site that much.

Yea, but when they do it's worth it. And some people like Cas or Bill are worth having on there just because. :)

^Cas rarely posts about gear either! You never know when those Ausies TGM and SV300 are going to stop by.

:wavey:

Real life gets in the way, but I'm on holidays now, so when I can't sleep/am taking a break from playing guitar infront of the computer (like now) I'll be posting. Oh, and time zones get in the way. Unless you're xifr, I swear, you're always on man.

Anyway, I should be playing guitar right now. :)

Mascot
12-11-2005, 11:46 PM
Post this in the sticky TGM. :p:

I was like, what the hell is this doing up here. . .

TGM
12-12-2005, 12:31 AM
^ Same here. Don't blame me, I wasn't the one that bumped it. Though I'm not doing much to keep it down am I? I'll let it be after this, I swear!