The Official Peavey Vypyr Thread

PDA

View Full Version : The Official Peavey Vypyr Thread

Pages : 1 2 3 [4] 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12

zakkwyldefan79
01-10-2009, 09:39 PM
Since updates are no longer being done with USB is there a reason to get the 75 over the 30? I still haven't gotten anything other this Roland MicroCube (which I love dearly) and I once again think that I might get this, but this time the 30w. I doubt I will need the extra wattage for gigging or anything, so are there any useful features in the 75w that isn't in the 30w?

And after rereading the thread still not many have gotten the Sanpera I or II? I was hopping someone had to compare them to =/
If you want to record the 75 is better but if you're not recording then the 30 should be plenty enough for you. I'm still waiting for my local shop to get the Sanpera pedals. When they finally get them I'll try them and post my thoughts about them here.

oneblackened
01-11-2009, 01:42 AM
I'm almost considering returning my Vypyr. It's been giving me quite a bit of trouble the last few days (and it has firmware 1.5.5). I have to turn it on and off about 10 times before it boots right... Also, does anyone know how to interpret the error codes? It's getting me quite peeved at it.

ILoveGuitar07
01-11-2009, 02:20 AM
I'm almost considering returning my Vypyr. It's been giving me quite a bit of trouble the last few days (and it has firmware 1.5.5). I have to turn it on and off about 10 times before it boots right... Also, does anyone know how to interpret the error codes? It's getting me quite peeved at it.

mine works perfect.

that is unacceptable turning it on 10 times.

I wouldn't want it either.

I don't have those issues with mine.

zegreatdane
01-11-2009, 01:04 PM
still waiting for my firmware updates :sad: but on the plus side it only takes my amp like 2 or 3 attempts to turn on at first lol

and on a serious note...has anyone else with the sanpera I footswitch figured out how to work the momentary FX feature or should i just let this topic die?

oneblackened
01-11-2009, 01:32 PM
go into looper. you don't have to use the looper but it has the delay and stompbox on/off as buttons 1/2.

zegreatdane
01-11-2009, 01:59 PM
i know that but according to the advertisement its supposed to have 4 momentary fx...i posted the quote from the ad a few of my posts ago or go look it up yourself real quick and youll see what im talking about; the loopers control of stompbox and delay isnt what the ad describes, at least imo

GraceKim
01-11-2009, 02:34 PM
That's why I didn't get one. Once Peavey figures out what's causing these amps to do that, let me know because I'll be storming GC like a shopper on black Friday to get one.

BackDoorEntry
01-11-2009, 02:43 PM
does anyone know if new vypyrs are updated ?
Because ive ordered one on friday, and i dont know if this could be updated at the factory because it is the latest batch off the production line?

JustinHorne
01-11-2009, 04:36 PM
I got mine a few weeks ago, and it has 1.5.5.

BackDoorEntry
01-11-2009, 04:59 PM
I got mine a few weeks ago, and it has 1.5.5.

Damn. Im gna have to fork out some cash for a cable im going to use once....
I hope its worth it! :cool:

JustinHorne
01-11-2009, 05:18 PM
Damn. Im gna have to fork out some cash for a cable im going to use once....
I hope its worth it! :cool:
Well, if you only ordered it last week, I assume it'll have 1.5.5 on it too?

That said... On the Peavey forums, they're semi clear about what the updates are supposed to fix, so if you aren't having those problems, no need to upgrade per se. My amp runs really good (no startup problems or anything,) but I do occasionally get a humming/buzzing sound, which 1.5.5 was supposed to fix (and reportedly does, for everyone else.) It's weird though, 80% of hte time the amp is silent, but sometimes it just hums for no reason, and then stops, for no reason. Oh well, it stops when you start to play, so meh, I like the amp.

blackwaterstout
01-11-2009, 07:09 PM
I got my 30w about t weeks ago and it came with 102 or 122 or something like that. I bought a cable from radio shack and updated the amp to 155. The update kicks ass. I've since returned the $35 radio shack cable and I order one off of ebay for $10.

Pac_man0123
01-11-2009, 07:33 PM
Question: How can you tell what software your vypyr has without plugging it in? I have the 15 so it doesn't have the USB obviously...

JustinHorne
01-11-2009, 11:00 PM
Question: How can you tell what software your vypyr has without plugging it in? I have the 15 so it doesn't have the USB obviously...
Hold down presets 1 and 4, turn on the amp. Three lights on the left dials will turn on. The absolute noon position of each dial is essentially zero, so the first light to it's right is 1. So it'll be 1 . (next dial) . (next dial.)
So for me, 1.5.5 is Bypass, B-Kat, Reverse.
EDIT: just realized you have a 15, no stompboxes. You should ignore the specific labels I listed then.
Take a look at this pic so you know how it would look though:
http://www.lidlmusic.sk/files/vypyr-30-big_panel1205417216.jpg

Tiki Rock
01-12-2009, 12:15 AM
Might seem like a stupid question but I don't have a Sanpera yet and am wondering if either one of those amazing footpedals does the simple task of switching from a clean to a distortion channel? It seems like it can turn on and off effects, switch presets, loop, but havent seen anything on switching channels for an amp model.

sheergenious
01-12-2009, 12:37 AM
Just bought the 75 watt with the sanpera 1. It is killer. The loop thing is neat but hard to get used to...you have to have near perfect timing. I first bought the 15 watt with the sanpera because the guy at the store said it would interface with it...but got it home and out of the box and no midi...wtf. So I took it back and exchanged it and spent the extra 240 for the 75. The USB recording sets itself up as a usb audio device in windows..no drivers needed (in vista at least, I'm assuming it doesn't in xp because I've worked with several usb audio devices before.) This amp is the best I've ever had by far and I don't have any issues with it...I'm assuming it shipped with the new firmware since I just bought it yesterday.

Playing with an Ibanez ADC120...together they sound badass. For the price this amp is wonderful...slight feedback when you hook up the usb to record..but you don't get any interference in the recording, just out of the amps speaker. Had to find this forum just to figure out what I was doing wrong about getting the expression pedal to do waa or pitch shift....you basically have to jump on the mother****er. They could've told you you have to break it in first. Heh. Don't know why they put out the 15 watt model...other than to tease you into taking it back and getting at least the 30.

Get this amp damn it.

EDIT:

Thanks to JustinHorne I found out mine did ship with 1.55. So if you buy the amp now you won't have to worry about upgrading the firmware (unless of course you buy it from a store and they've had it on the shelf for about 2 months).

sheergenious
01-12-2009, 12:42 AM
Might seem like a stupid question but I don't have a Sanpera yet and am wondering if either one of those amazing footpedals does the simple task of switching from a clean to a distortion channel? It seems like it can turn on and off effects, switch presets, loop, but havent seen anything on switching channels for an amp model.
You just make your own clean channel and set it as one of the 4 effects on one of the banks. (you get 3 just like on the amp). and then set a distortion on one of the other 3. You have to set the amp the way you want it and then step on the desired number and hold it in. It'll save it for you. I keep mine with a clean on every bank because I don't have enough time during the song to switch between banks. Pedal brings the amp to life...trust me. Get it even if you have to sell yourself on the street.

zakkwyldefan79
01-12-2009, 12:45 AM
You have to make a clean and a distortion preset then switch between them. I think it's cool this way cause you can use your favorite clean channel (mine's the plexi) and your favorite distortion (mine's the Rec) instead of being forced to use one amp's clean and distortion channels. Of course you could use the same amp model but you still have to make 2 presets (clean & distortion) to switch back and forth between them.

sheergenious
01-12-2009, 12:46 AM
Does anyone know if you get more recording banks for the loop with the II? That would probably be the only reason I would spring to upgrade to the II.

BackDoorEntry
01-12-2009, 03:49 AM
Well, if you only ordered it last week, I assume it'll have 1.5.5 on it too?

That said... On the Peavey forums, they're semi clear about what the updates are supposed to fix, so if you aren't having those problems, no need to upgrade per se. My amp runs really good (no startup problems or anything,) but I do occasionally get a humming/buzzing sound, which 1.5.5 was supposed to fix (and reportedly does, for everyone else.) It's weird though, 80% of hte time the amp is silent, but sometimes it just hums for no reason, and then stops, for no reason. Oh well, it stops when you start to play, so meh, I like the amp.

OMG I MISREAD IT. THANKS.

zakkwyldefan79
01-12-2009, 01:47 PM
Hold down presets 1 and 4, turn on the amp. Three lights on the left dials will turn on. The absolute noon position of each dial is essentially zero, so the first light to it's right is 1. So it'll be 1 . (next dial) . (next dial.)
So for me, 1.5.5 is Bypass, B-Kat, Reverse.
EDIT: just realized you have a 15, no stompboxes. You should ignore the specific labels I listed then.
Take a look at this pic so you know how it would look though:
http://www.lidlmusic.sk/files/vypyr-30-big_panel1205417216.jpg
I did this and on the stompboxes knob Bypass lit up, on the amp model knob the DZL model lit up and on the effects knob the octaver lit up. So does my amp have 1.0.2 or 1.12.2? I don't know if DZL is 0 or 12.

blackwaterstout
01-12-2009, 01:50 PM
I did this and on the stompboxes knob Bypass lit up, on the amp model knob the DZL model lit up and on the effects knob the octaver lit up. So does my amp have 1.0.2 or 1.12.2? I don't know if DZL is 0 or 12.

Thats the original firmware. You really should upgrade to the 155 firmware when you get the chance.

311ZOSOVHJH
01-12-2009, 01:52 PM
Has anyone heard any more information on the 60 and 120 hybrids? I was searching on the peavey.com forums last night and couldn't find anything concrete. GC is clueless too.

??

zakkwyldefan79
01-12-2009, 04:06 PM
Thats the original firmware. You really should upgrade to the 155 firmware when you get the chance.
Mine has not had a single problem so far. It always starts on the first try and hasn't had any of the other problems people have been reporting. So I'm gonna leave it alone until it starts messing up. If it ain't broke don't fix it.

Tiki Rock
01-12-2009, 09:13 PM
Does the Vypyr series come with good stock speakers? If not what would I replace it with? I am looking at the 75 watt model. And also, is the wah you control with the expression pedal a stompbox or a post effect? I only see the auto-wah.

oneblackened
01-12-2009, 09:37 PM
Does the Vypyr series come with good stock speakers? If not what would I replace it with? I am looking at the 75 watt model. And also, is the wah you control with the expression pedal a stompbox or a post effect? I only see the auto-wah.
They come with mediocre speakers. Not bad... but not up to older Celestion/ any Warehouse Speakers/ any Eminence/assorted others standards.

Neither. It's on the footswitch when you switch to AUX mode on the footswitch.

ILoveGuitar07
01-13-2009, 01:45 AM

I wouldn't replace it.

It sounds great!
I was actually impressed with the speaker at that price.

It's got a thing on it to help keep it cool and from it getting warped, which in turn helps keep from getting a blown speaker.

slickerthnsleek
01-14-2009, 02:24 AM
I just got a call from my local music store, my Vypyr 75w has arrived today... NEW AMP DAY FOR ME :D lol I'm stuck at home with tonsilitis, so my father is picking it up on his way home from work for me, I'll have it soon. ^_^

slickerthnsleek
01-14-2009, 05:06 AM
Got it... sounds freaking awesome, I love it :D except for the hum... it's humming like a bitch, and that's irritating.

The lack of help from Peavey is frustrating the f*#k out of me though. I plugged it into my computer via USB, that Reaper program doesn't work, Revalver is practically useless, and my computer detects the amp as an audio device, but I can't hear anything. There's nothing in the manual about the USB and I couldn't find ANY help online... F#@K!

Ma|ichi
01-14-2009, 08:16 AM
User error. Fail. Repeat.

user error? I couldnt get a single chord to sound decent on any setting. Hell single fretted notes sounded like ass.

personally I think the amps were just bad, i'll check em out again at another location. But they're still too loud for me.

ILoveGuitar07
01-14-2009, 11:50 AM
user error? I couldnt get a single chord to sound decent on any setting. Hell single fretted notes sounded like ass.

personally I think the amps were just bad, i'll check em out again at another location. But they're still too loud for me.

too loud for you?

You don't have to turn it up all the way?

BackDoorEntryV2
01-14-2009, 05:14 PM
Has anyone tried the 60w tube model?

Its out in America i think.

oneblackened
01-14-2009, 05:44 PM

...what setting was this and was it a full chord (triad or more)?

eahilder
01-14-2009, 07:06 PM
I FOUND MY FAVORITE CLEAN CHANNEL...its awesome lol its the xxx clean serously try it if you have not...but i still cant get a nice 80s rock distortion without it being too trebly....gonna hopefully get a blackheart killer ant if i dont find one by like october

oneblackened
01-14-2009, 07:38 PM
I FOUND MY FAVORITE CLEAN CHANNEL...its awesome lol its the xxx clean serously try it if you have not...but i still cant get a nice 80s rock distortion without it being too trebly....gonna hopefully get a blackheart killer ant if i dont find one by like october
Strangely enough, I agree... the Twin is too sterile IMO.

zakkwyldefan79
01-14-2009, 07:56 PM
The treble is why I swapped out the speaker in mine. My Celestion has a deeper tone that sounds way better than the stock speaker.

oneblackened
01-14-2009, 07:58 PM
The treble is why I swapped out the speaker in mine. My Celestion has a deeper tone that sounds way better than the stock speaker.
Yeah, I can't get a good bass response out of it... probably will go for a nice eminence or WGS speaker.

slickerthnsleek
01-14-2009, 09:05 PM
Okay, I got no responses on the last page so I'll ask again:

1. Will the firmware upgrade stop it humming all the time?
2. Has anyone else had the problem of not being able to hear it through their computer speakers (while plugged in via USB) but being able to record with it? It's annoying.

eahilder
01-14-2009, 09:27 PM

2. Has anyone else had the problem of not being able to hear it through their computer speakers (while plugged in via USB) but being able to record with it? It's annoying.
idk about the speaker problem try the peavey website forums

The_Shape
01-14-2009, 10:21 PM
How do I do a direct connection to the computer? I have the manual and it says to use a standard USB cable, and none of the one's I have work (As in they don't fit in the slot). Can anyone give me a link to a cable that will work?

oneblackened
01-14-2009, 10:25 PM

AFAIK you're supposed to use headphones for recording time. I

JustinHorne
01-14-2009, 10:41 PM

My 1.5.5 still hums.

AFAIK you're supposed to use headphones for recording time. I

The 60wtube and up all have USB out for recording with.

oneblackened
01-14-2009, 10:44 PM
My 1.5.5 still hums.

The 60wtube and up all have USB out for recording with.
I know that. It says in the manual that the headphone jack is active to use for tracking.

Ma|ichi
01-16-2009, 11:03 AM
...what setting was this and was it a full chord (triad or more)?

I understand that volume is an issue, some amps really shine in their upper range, but in the store I just couldn't turn it up that loud when other people are jamming around me. So maybe it just sounds like ass on its lowest settings.

Guitars I used were a Ibanez S, and a Low end Schecter C-1. As for the settings, I literally tried everything I could. I Tried every amp model on both clean and dirty, and played with gain on each, I set the EQ to flat, tried scooping the mids, back to default.

Effects were on bypass, tried all the stomp boxes, pre and post gain were all over the place while I demo'd.

For chords, I tried Triads, seventh and power(tuned the schecter to drop-d) A simple Gm on a clean setting should sound good. But it didn't

Also the power sponge on the 75 DID Not work. Regardless of where I had it, the volume did not change. I tried it everywhere from 10% to 100%. No change and still muddy nasty tone. This is why I think something was wrong with the amp.

As it stands Im currently considering B-52 combo($350 new), Laney LC15R used($250), SuperChamp XD($), Used Vox AD60VT($280), Blackheart BH15H ($350 + Cab cost), Blackstar HT Series HT-5H head+cab $399)

really dunno, leaning towards the laney, b52 or blackstar.

As for what I like, everything really, but right now I just want something for some good crunchy metalish tones. Similar to KsE or even avenged sevenfold(I Know both aren't metal)

zakkwyldefan79
01-16-2009, 05:00 PM
Ma|ichi it sounds like the Vypyr you tried was defective. There have been a few people that got Vypyrs like that and had to return them and get a different one or update the Firmware. They really are good amps but Peavey is still working out the bugs in them.

Muffin Murderer
01-16-2009, 11:13 PM
Im thinking of getting either the vyper 120 tube amp or should i get the valveking. Right now i play a shecter with active emgs and i play mostly thrash metal and hardcore suff.

tomsy49
01-18-2009, 07:58 PM
I'm curious to how the looper works. Since the 30 watt only has the one speaker, How does the amp play the recorded loop and what your actually playing on guitar without it turning to mush? Don't know a lot about this kind of thing but i know with my valveking you couldn't play two guitars at once because they would share the same signal path and it would be all combined and mush when it came out the speaker.

zegreatdane
01-18-2009, 09:46 PM
cant tell you the specifics of how or why since im not that savvy, but i do own the vypyr 75 and sanpera I and if youre still curious about the loopers performance i can tell you that theres no issue, and its real fun to play with :cheers:

tomsy49
01-18-2009, 09:48 PM
ya i;ve heard it was good was just curious how it works.

ILoveGuitar07
01-19-2009, 12:41 AM
I'm curious to how the looper works. Since the 30 watt only has the one speaker, How does the amp play the recorded loop and what your actually playing on guitar without it turning to mush? Don't know a lot about this kind of thing but i know with my valveking you couldn't play two guitars at once because they would share the same signal path and it would be all combined and mush when it came out the speaker.

you can change the amp model that will go over the top of your looping riff better while its playing if you want.

Or use the volume pedal, record your riff with the looper, and then turn it up with the volume pedal so your lead goes over the riff better.

bjovi400
01-19-2009, 02:55 AM
somebody just got the tube 60, just lettin you guys know. he'll probably post in here in a few

http://www.ultimate-guitar.com/forum/showthread.php?t=1049465

ILoveGuitar07
01-19-2009, 03:47 AM
whats the newest update version?

I have 1.6.5

MegadethFan
01-19-2009, 12:00 PM
whats the newest update version?

I have 1.6.5

Are you sure you have 1.6.5? On the Peavey website it says 1.5.5 is the newest. :confused:

zegreatdane
01-19-2009, 12:37 PM
so i decided to try recording by using the headphone jack on my vypyr 75 because my usb cable has gone missing...i plugged the cable into the mic spot on the back of my computer, is that right? because when i record it picks up the guitar but is at an almost inaudible volume...ideas on how to fix this?

MegadethFan
01-19-2009, 12:39 PM
Mess with the amp volume if you haven't already and check your microphone volume on your computer.

zegreatdane
01-19-2009, 12:45 PM
thanks very much thats exactly what i needed
i completely blipped out and forgot to mess with the amp volume since ive never needed to with the usb

blackwaterstout
01-19-2009, 01:12 PM
thanks very much thats exactly what i needed
i completely blipped out and forgot to mess with the amp volume since ive never needed to with the usb

So what did you think about the recorded quality? I tried it and wasn't blwon away. I'm sure the USB is better but since I only have the 30w I'm stuck without it.

zegreatdane
01-19-2009, 01:16 PM
actually honestly i liked the headphone jack better than the usb
i stated in here sometime earlier that i get occasional blipping noises on the recording tracks when i use the usb and the headphone jack was much clearer, no blips
however i could just have a faulty usb jack as i got my amp when they first hit shelves, werent even available online yet

EDIT: i also dont have the updated firmware yet, i needs the special cable :(
so i dont know if the updates will have any effect on the recording quality

Tobacco Stain
01-19-2009, 02:00 PM
If you can get a MIDI to USB cable someone should figure out a way to use the pc as a memory bank for presets or a simulated sampera foot pedal would be great.

Hint to any of you programmers out there...

P.S. If you do this and make a few dollars P.M. me to discuss details on my share.

ILoveGuitar07
01-19-2009, 02:44 PM
Are you sure you have 1.6.5? On the Peavey website it says 1.5.5 is the newest. :confused:

You can never be too sure.

But I followed peaveys directions to find out the code.

maybe thats why I'm not having any issues with mine???...I'm PAST up to date???
lol

311ZOSOVHJH
01-19-2009, 03:32 PM
somebody just got the tube 60, just lettin you guys know. he'll probably post in here in a few

http://www.ultimate-guitar.com/forum/showthread.php?t=1049465
Bump

MegadethFan
01-19-2009, 11:32 PM
You can never be too sure.

But I followed peaveys directions to find out the code.

maybe thats why I'm not having any issues with mine???...I'm PAST up to date???
lol

I wish i had 1.6.5
:grrr:

Peavey should get on the ball and release that Software that works in conjunction with the Vypyr.

chinospike
01-20-2009, 01:27 AM
How do you update to update the Vypyr?

ILoveGuitar07
01-21-2009, 03:41 PM
How do you update to update the Vypyr?

Go to Peavey's website, then click on the vypyrs.

It tells you what to do.

edit: I've been messing with my vypyr 75 now, I'm still findin some good tones!
The more I mess with it the better sounds I'm finding.

I've found the sweet spots for my favorite distortion channels.

eahilder
01-21-2009, 05:21 PM
i starting to like my amp more....found a sweet spot for distortion...and a pretty good acdc setting

AustinAtomic
01-21-2009, 05:41 PM
they need to make a vypyr head

JustinHorne
01-21-2009, 05:54 PM
they need to make a vypyr head
I thought they did?
EDIT: They did: http://www.peavey.com/news/article.cfm/action/view/id/358/20091501.cfm

zakkwyldefan79
01-21-2009, 05:56 PM
They are. It was shown at '09 NAMM show. It's a head version of the tube 120.

blackwaterstout
01-21-2009, 07:53 PM
i starting to like my amp more....found a sweet spot for distortion...and a pretty good acdc setting

Care to share that setting? Don't bogart your settings dude :)

eahilder
01-21-2009, 09:07 PM
Care to share that setting? Don't bogart your settings dude :)
problem is that it is starting to sound like crap :( ....love hate relationship with this amp lol but it is

brit red

effects bypass

high 12 o clock

bass and treble 1 light below the max on

pre and post gain all the way

EDIT: delay none...maybe like i light on each cant remember..really small amout tho

reverb your choice really just try to get some reverb in there

Fat-bastard0603
01-21-2009, 09:34 PM
I'm about to buy a 30w Vypyr, can I use the headphone output to record?

Also, would it be unpractical to buy a distortion pedal (EHX Metal Muff) or an overdrive pedal (Bad Monkey), thanks for your help :)

eahilder
01-21-2009, 09:39 PM
I'm about to buy a 30w Vypyr, can I use the headphone output to record?

Also, would it be unpractical to buy a distortion pedal (EHX Metal Muff) or an overdrive pedal (Bad Monkey), thanks for your help :)
try the amp before you buy the pedals you might not need them :peace: ....and yes you can use the headphone out to record...so far everyone likes using that instead of the usb on the 75

Weavel33
01-21-2009, 09:43 PM
How does the recording quality compare with 75 usb and the 30 headphone out?

eahilder
01-21-2009, 09:47 PM
How does the recording quality compare with 75 usb and the 30 headphone out?
from what i have heard the 75 usb clips alot and the 30 line out does not clip...lol so the usb is kinda useless

zegreatdane
01-21-2009, 09:52 PM
from what i have heard the 75 usb clips alot and the 30 line out does not clip...lol so the usb is kinda useless
as a 75 owner, i second this
but i thought it was just on my amp haha
so far my usb has been pretty much useless tho

Weavel33
01-21-2009, 09:53 PM
really? hmm...that was like the only reason I was going to buy the 75 over the 30...=/...35 extra watts honestly doesn't mean a whole lot to me when they both have the same size speaker.=p and I heard the 30 was exceptionally loud compared to most other 30w SS amps.

So would I be better off saving 100 dollars and buying the 30w? I do gig every so often...not huge crowds though...normally about 30 people.=p

Fat-bastard0603
01-21-2009, 09:54 PM
try the amp before you buy the pedals you might not need them :peace: ....and yes you can use the headphone out to record...so far everyone likes using that instead of the usb on the 75

Nice, but the Sampera Footswitch is 179$ so maybe buying a pedal for songs with cleans and distortion is cheaper. :peace:

eahilder
01-21-2009, 09:54 PM
yea i think the 30 watts for you...

eahilder
01-21-2009, 09:56 PM
Nice, but the Sampera Footswitch is 179$ so maybe buying a pedal for songs with cleans and distortion is cheaper. :peace:
true but the sanpera 1 is only 80 and a good distortion would cost about that much(i think)

Weavel33
01-21-2009, 10:05 PM
I have one more question. In the event that I need more volume than the vypyr 30 is capable of producing on it's own, is there some output it has to go to a cab or other speaker of some kind?

Fat-bastard0603
01-21-2009, 10:15 PM
true but the sanpera 1 is only 80 and a good distortion would cost about that much(i think)

The EHX Metal Muff is 89$ and the Bad Monkey is 48$ or so. :D

I have one more question. In the event that I need more volume than the vypyr 30 is capable of producing on it's own, is there some output it has to go to a cab or other speaker of some kind?

You could always mic the amp :shrug:

Weavel33
01-21-2009, 10:19 PM
yeah, I know. Just asking if there was a seperate output.=]

zakkwyldefan79
01-21-2009, 10:51 PM
yeah, I know. Just asking if there was a seperate output.=]
No there is not a seperate output. The 30 is really loud though.

Weavel33
01-21-2009, 11:00 PM
alright. I've tried it at GC but never there did I turn it up past 1.=p

MegadethFan
01-21-2009, 11:15 PM
No there is not a seperate output. The 30 is really loud though.

You can easily mod a jack and hook up a cab.

I posted it a couple pages back. When it is plugged in the Blue Marvel should cut out and only the cab runs.

Link (http://www.ultimate-guitar.com/forum/showthread.php?p=17825563#post17825563) it's the third post down.

DIMEBAGLIVEDON
01-21-2009, 11:18 PM
Can you gig with these Peavy Vypyr's?

MegadethFan
01-21-2009, 11:23 PM
Can you gig with these Peavy Vypyr's?

With the 30 watts an up yes you can.

Weavel33
01-21-2009, 11:26 PM
You can easily mod a jack and hook up a cab.

I posted it a couple pages back. When it is plugged in the Blue Marvel should cut out and only the cab runs.

Link (http://www.ultimate-guitar.com/forum/showthread.php?p=17825563#post17825563) it's the third post down.

That's pretty ****ing awsome!=]

EDIT: How many ohms is it for?

MegadethFan
01-21-2009, 11:35 PM
That's pretty ****ing awsome!=]

EDIT: How many ohms is it for?

I know for sure on the 75 watter it is 8 ohms and I am pretty sure it is the same for the 30 watter, look on the sticker on your speaker it should say.

Weavel33
01-21-2009, 11:39 PM
so any cab 8ohms and up would technically be compatible?

I don't actually own one yet.=p

locosenor13
01-21-2009, 11:53 PM
Hey, does anyone have any information on the Peavey Vypyr head thats supposed to be coming out, like price, specs, etc? The rhythm guitarist in my band is looking for an amp, and she wanted a nice halfstack without having to spend a whole lot. thanks :cheers:

ILoveGuitar07
01-22-2009, 01:08 AM
Hey, does anyone have any information on the Peavey Vypyr head thats supposed to be coming out, like price, specs, etc? The rhythm guitarist in my band is looking for an amp, and she wanted a nice halfstack without having to spend a whole lot. thanks :cheers:

you won't get a nice stack without paying the price.
You do get what you pay for.
My 412 cab alone was about $700, and well worth it.

The vypyr head is going to be about $600 I believe.

WARLOCK123
01-22-2009, 03:30 AM
going to collect my Vypyr 75 tonight. the store finally got given stock by Peavey. i was expecting it to arrive early Feb (after i ordered and paid in November 08) cos they said it was being shipped on January 20th. so they might have shipped it early. but who cares. i can actually get my amp today!

Brownie2
01-22-2009, 04:10 AM
Just ordered the 15 watt Vypyr. Can't wait for it to show up. The Shipping price from Musicians Friend is a ton, but it's worth it considering the amp is better than it costs.

Hopefully mine doesn't have the problems some of the others have had. The again, most of those were the 75 watt version.

MegadethFan
01-22-2009, 10:20 AM
so any cab 8ohms and up would technically be compatible?

I don't actually own one yet.=p

Yes

WARLOCK123
01-22-2009, 03:24 PM
okay so i got my Vypyr 75. and it sounds awsome!! love it. easily better than the Spider III that i borrowed from the store.

does anyone know a good setting for A7X also something that works well for Black Sabbath/AC-DC kind of stuff?

ILoveGuitar07
01-22-2009, 08:52 PM
okay so i got my Vypyr 75. and it sounds awsome!! love it. easily better than the Spider III that i borrowed from the store.

does anyone know a good setting for A7X also something that works well for Black Sabbath/AC-DC kind of stuff?

brit channel red.

turn the pregain down and the post up.

--------------------

I just played my vypyr 75 with drums today.
it was 9/10 of the way up.

it worked excellent.

It got a little warm after 2 hours of playing.

I'm really happy with this little amp.
Its got everything I need for playing guitar.
More reliable than having rack gear and pedals.

What more can I ask for? :D

zegreatdane
01-22-2009, 10:04 PM
brit channel red.

turn the pregain down and the post up.

--------------------

I just played my vypyr 75 with drums today.
it was 9/10 of the way up.

it worked excellent.

It got a little warm after 2 hours of playing.

I'm really happy with this little amp.
Its got everything I need for playing guitar.
More reliable than having rack gear and pedals.

What more can I ask for? :D
you needed it that loud to be heard over drums? :confused:
I only need mine at like 3, but right now I dont have the updates could that be why?

MegadethFan
01-22-2009, 11:25 PM
you needed it that loud to be heard over drums? :confused:
I only need mine at like 3, but right now I dont have the updates could that be why?

Seriously right? :eek:
I've never had my 75 past 6 at practice with the power sponge at >50.

ILoveGuitar07
01-23-2009, 02:03 AM
Seriously right? :eek:
I've never had my 75 past 6 at practice with the power sponge at >50.

depends on room size and drummer.

room size was a medium sized basement.

No sense in lugging around the 412 to practice anymore, the 75 was fine.

drums wern't miked, he just plays loud....hes a good drummer.

hey, thats how we like it... Loud!

WARLOCK123
01-23-2009, 03:32 AM
how do you do this update for the Vypyr? already i have started to notice if i have the volume on anything mre than 2/3 it sounds too loud

slickerthnsleek
01-23-2009, 04:26 AM
Use a midi cable, plug it into your computer, and use the software on Peavey's website.

I updated mine today with the new firmware and the difference was very noticable.

WARLOCK123
01-23-2009, 11:32 AM
i thought it could be done via USB

random_B-RAD
01-23-2009, 11:47 AM
What does this new software do?

eahilder
01-23-2009, 05:11 PM
i thought it could be done via USB
nope not yet you have to get a usb to midi cable and the update fixes most of the errors in the program..like noisegate issues and stuff

WARLOCK123
01-24-2009, 07:52 AM
USB to MIDI?

eahilder
01-24-2009, 07:25 PM
USB to MIDI?
midi to usb lol same difference

tomsy49
01-24-2009, 10:41 PM
I have a coiuple possible deals on a greenback or vintage thirty and i'm wondering which you guys would think would sound better in the 30 watt vypyr

Zappanator
01-24-2009, 10:49 PM
I was wondering how I could get the closest tone to Petrucci on "Under A Glass Moon" on my 75 watt. Anyone know what I could try?

jamestheace
01-25-2009, 08:17 AM
im interested in one of these amps, probably the 30watt model, mainly for the krankensteiner model! is it any good? i have 2 guitars, an esp ec300 which i have tuned in drop c mainly for hardcore, things liek hatebreed, so the krank wud be perfect for it! also currently my guitar has duncan p90s which arent really too great for metal and harcore, if i bought some new pickups designed for metal, would this amp take advantage of it? whats the versatiliy like on these amps? sorry for the questions! and currently i have a line 6 spider 3! cheers

racertj5
01-25-2009, 10:36 AM
im interested in one of these amps, probably the 30watt model, mainly for the krankensteiner model! is it any good? i have 2 guitars, an esp ec300 which i have tuned in drop c mainly for hardcore, things liek hatebreed, so the krank wud be perfect for it! also currently my guitar has duncan p90s which arent really too great for metal and harcore, if i bought some new pickups designed for metal, would this amp take advantage of it? whats the versatiliy like on these amps? sorry for the questions! and currently i have a line 6 spider 3! cheers
Ok, I'm putting a flame suit on for this 1. I will say I love my vypyr a lot. However, If you have a 30W spider III, which does suck i will admit. I do not see the point of buying a vypyr 30W. You should save your money and upgrade to something better. To me that would be the equivalent of upgrading to the same car in a diff. color when the old one looks and runs fine.

tl:dr: VYPYRS are much better than spiders but not worth the upgrade $ imho

blackwaterstout
01-25-2009, 11:04 AM
Ok, I'm putting a flame suit on for this 1. I will say I love my vypyr a lot. However, If you have a 30W spider III, which does suck i will admit. I do not see the point of buying a vypyr 30W. You should save your money and upgrade to something better. To me that would be the equivalent of upgrading to the same car in a diff. color when the old one looks and runs fine.

tl:dr: VYPYRS are much better than spiders but not worth the upgrade $ imho

If you can find someone to buy your spider then the Vypyr is wel worth it :)

racertj5
01-25-2009, 11:29 AM
If you can find someone to buy your spider then the Vypyr is wel worth it :)
True, if you can get really close to what you paid for it, haha go stand in front of GC and sell it to some noob for $198 that thinks spiders are the best amps.

random_B-RAD
01-25-2009, 12:26 PM
I might be getting the Vypyr 30 soon. How does the record out work? What type of cable do I need?

Zappanator
01-25-2009, 12:44 PM
I think you need a USB to MIDI cable, I'm going today to try to find one at the only place around that might have one..Wal-mart. That's what my 75watt uses I'm sure its the same thing.

Zappanator
01-25-2009, 12:45 PM
By the way do the updates put some sort of noise gate on the amp?

random_B-RAD
01-25-2009, 12:45 PM
The 75 watt one uses a different record out jack.

EndTheRapture51
01-25-2009, 12:46 PM
I played a Vypyr today, it sounded alright, just seemed abit flimsy in comparision to the Vox I eventually bought.

zegreatdane
01-25-2009, 01:22 PM
I might be getting the Vypyr 30 soon. How does the record out work? What type of cable do I need?
the vypyr30 uses a record out through the headphone jack, so buy a 2 sided headphone cable (sorry not sure what its called), one end goes into the headphone jack on your amp the other into the back of the computer

the vypyr75 can use the usb for recording but Ive found that I like using the headphone jack better as there is less clipping of noise and you dont have to spend the extra $20 or so

ILoveGuitar07
01-25-2009, 02:14 PM
I was wondering how I could get the closest tone to Petrucci on "Under A Glass Moon" on my 75 watt. Anyone know what I could try?

Use the Rec "Red"

Mess with the gain and eq.

Awesome Amp Model!

Zappanator
01-25-2009, 03:28 PM
ok im trying to record with my amp....I have one of those headphone jacks with the two ends one is hooked up to the amp and the other side is in the pc...now wat

zegreatdane
01-25-2009, 05:59 PM
ok im trying to record with my amp....I have one of those headphone jacks with the two ends one is hooked up to the amp and the other side is in the pc...now wat
you need recording software
your vypyr should have come with a disk with reaper on it, no?

Zappanator
01-25-2009, 06:04 PM
Oh it came with a disc but when I stuck it in the computer wouldnt read it..I think I have to install the adobe reader so I'm doing that now.

SwamperGene
01-25-2009, 07:14 PM
My PC with CD drive wouldn't read it either, my wife's with DVD did....so I'm guessing it's a DVD :confused:

Zappanator
01-25-2009, 07:53 PM
I dont know mine has a dvd drive.

Zappanator
01-25-2009, 07:55 PM
Oh well I think it's just because I didnt have adobe downloaded it should work when I'm done.

PuppetMaster91
01-25-2009, 08:29 PM
hey...debating between the 30W and 75W vypyr...

was originally planning ont he 30 but over the last few weeks been getting a band together...looking to do a few small sized gigs (school talent shows (in a largeish room...100 odd people), maybe a pub / similar sized venue)

would the 30W be loud enough for gigging (as a rhythm guitarist) or would I need the 75? Obviously if the 30 will do fine then ill save the $$$

Zappanator
01-25-2009, 08:35 PM
Well I think the 30 should do fine especially if you're playing rhythm.

oneblackened
01-25-2009, 09:30 PM
The 30 is loud enough, IMO; the 75 is MORE than loud enough.

zegreatdane
01-25-2009, 09:31 PM
not sure what your talking bout with the disc, mine worked fine and came with reaper install, revalver install, some plugins for reaper, and the manual

you shouldnt need to download/install adobe to get the reaper downloads...
or you could jsut go download audacity free online that would work too

DIMEBAGLIVEDON
01-26-2009, 12:02 AM
So I heard the 30W Vypyr goes loud. Do you think it would be loud enough to like sound the size of a fairly big gym?

Zappanator
01-26-2009, 12:35 AM
after I downloaded adobe it worked....but when i record a rhythm guitar and lead and try to save it as one track it is always seperated into 2 different ones how do i combine them

ILoveGuitar07
01-26-2009, 01:09 AM
So I heard the 30W Vypyr goes loud. Do you think it would be loud enough to like sound the size of a fairly big gym?

no 112 would if it was a rockin band.

It would work if you miked it.

I've seen guys just have a small amp...overdrive it and mike it go get their tone.

DIMEBAGLIVEDON
01-26-2009, 02:06 PM
So what watt would I need? 75? We're a heavy metal band.

WARLOCK123
01-26-2009, 02:24 PM
So what watt would I need? 75? We're a heavy metal band.

i have a 75 and i got it purely because of a couple of extras and the fact that i won't have to go out and buy a new amp when i start gigging or join a band. so i would say the 75 for peace of mind. cos it will do high volumes comfortably and you won't be worried about it sounding worse on high volume. you probably wont even need it on full to get it loud enough

locosenor13
01-26-2009, 04:26 PM
alright guys, here's my situation:

I currently own and am in love with my Peavey JSX head which I run through a Mesa 4x12. However, this is obviously not the ideal setup to bring to school or other places. That being said, is the 15w version of this amp good enough for practicing, small jam sessions, and maybe recording? Again, I'm looking to spend as little as possible, since the amp is not going to be my main amp. Thanks! :cheers:

zakkwyldefan79
01-26-2009, 07:08 PM
It does have a JSX model so you might like the Vypyr. I think you should try one. That's really the only way to know if you're gonna like it or not.

gregs1020
01-26-2009, 07:37 PM
OK folks, I tried the Vypyr 60 today. Here are some of my impressions of it.
Loud as snot. Should have no issue getting over a drummer at half the total volume. Very good tone overall. *wonders what a speaker swap would do* The 6505 model was noisy, hissing when I wasn't playing but that's pretty expected. It wasn't too loud, but enough to notice. When played the 6505 model was quite similar to the actual 6505 I played a few weeks ago. The twin model was chimey and bright, not vibroverb bright but enough so to hit SRV without too much effort. The Dzl model was very nice as well, actually the one I liked most. (Sort of a fender fanboi for the record so go figure). I had an issue when I was tuning the guitar and there was a sort of flange/tremolo thing going on. I checked the effect knob and I was turned to bypass, fiddled with the footswitch a little and it went away. I must have had an effect on and not realized it. The thing is the definition of versatile, I can see home studio guys loving this amp, or people that need to cover multiple bands in a gig as well. Amp - $449, Sanpara II - $179. Get's a thumbs up from me, but this thing hit the shelves last week so long term reliability is untested obviously.

oneblackened
01-26-2009, 07:45 PM

I currently own and am in love with my Peavey JSX head which I run through a Mesa 4x12. However, this is obviously not the ideal setup to bring to school or other places. That being said, is the 15w version of this amp good enough for practicing, small jam sessions, and maybe recording? Again, I'm looking to spend as little as possible, since the amp is not going to be my main amp. Thanks! :cheers:
I'd go for the 30... You have more effects options, a MUCH better speaker (instead of a no name 8 inch, it's a 12 inch Blue Marvel) and there's a footswitch input if you decide to buy a Sanpera.

DIMEBAGLIVEDON
01-26-2009, 08:51 PM
i have a 75 and i got it purely because of a couple of extras and the fact that i won't have to go out and buy a new amp when i start gigging or join a band. so i would say the 75 for peace of mind. cos it will do high volumes comfortably and you won't be worried about it sounding worse on high volume. you probably wont even need it on full to get it loud enough

So go for the 75? I don't know, that may be to much power.

eahilder
01-26-2009, 08:52 PM
anyone got a good ride the lightning type metallica sound?? mainly for fade to black?? thx

MegadethFan
01-26-2009, 09:02 PM

THERE'S NEVER TOO MUCH POWER!

On a more serious note, you are gonna want some headroom. I went with the 75 myself and I haven't looked back since.

random_B-RAD
01-26-2009, 09:15 PM

Try a cube if it is just a practice amp unless you really want a amp models/effects/stompboxes that the vypyr has.

oneblackened
01-26-2009, 10:53 PM
anyone got a good ride the lightning type metallica sound?? mainly for fade to black?? thx
I like the Diezel model for that, maybe the XXX or Rec.

WARLOCK123
01-27-2009, 06:09 AM

there is a power sponge on the 75 that controlls the amount of power it uses

on another note whats a good setting for punk rock like green day? atm i use the Dzl model on green with XR wild or X boost

Myshadow46_2
01-27-2009, 06:39 AM
OK folks, I tried the Vypyr 60 today. Here are some of my impressions of it.
Loud as snot. Should have no issue getting over a drummer at half the total volume. Very good tone overall. *wonders what a speaker swap would do* The 6505 model was noisy, hissing when I wasn't playing but that's pretty expected. It wasn't too loud, but enough to notice. When played the 6505 model was quite similar to the actual 6505 I played a few weeks ago. The twin model was chimey and bright, not vibroverb bright but enough so to hit SRV without too much effort. The Dzl model was very nice as well, actually the one I liked most. (Sort of a fender fanboi for the record so go figure). I had an issue when I was tuning the guitar and there was a sort of flange/tremolo thing going on. I checked the effect knob and I was turned to bypass, fiddled with the footswitch a little and it went away. I must have had an effect on and not realized it. The thing is the definition of versatile, I can see home studio guys loving this amp, or people that need to cover multiple bands in a gig as well. Amp - $449, Sanpara II - $179. Get's a thumbs up from me, but this thing hit the shelves last week so long term reliability is untested obviously.

Cool, I'm looking to get on of these when they ship to England. What sort of stuff do you play? I just want to get an idea of the sounds you've tried to get and if you've been successful. I'd be looking for a mix of both decent clean and distorted/overdriven sounds. From what I've read they shouldn't be a problem, but as you've tried one I thought I'd ask.

nonamesleftWTF
01-27-2009, 06:44 AM
few questions...

How's the Plexi, british, and classic tones on this?? Could I get a good tone for gnr?

Also, I'm leaning towards the 30watt version cause I want bedroom volume. However, I really want a usb studio thing to upload clips. Is there something I can buy that I can plug into my amp to get studio recording?? Thanks alot.

WARLOCK123
01-27-2009, 06:48 AM
few questions...

How's the Plexi, british, and classic tones on this?? Could I get a good tone for gnr?

Also, I'm leaning towards the 30watt version cause I want bedroom volume. However, I really want a usb studio thing to upload clips. Is there something I can buy that I can plug into my amp to get studio recording?? Thanks alot.

the plexi,brit and classic are all very good and you could get a good GNR tone from them.

there is a way of recording on the 30 watt, its just different to the others

blackwaterstout
01-27-2009, 07:29 AM
the Brit and the B-Kat are two of the best on the amp period. I prefer both of them to the classic, twn, or deluxe. The Plexi is good too.

B-kat, red (dirty), flanger effect, and neck pickup on a strat is killer.

nonamesleftWTF
01-27-2009, 09:35 AM
Also, forgot to ask...I live in an apartment, will the 30watt sound good at a reasonable volume? I have a 20 watt that I can play at about half way before it starts getting too loud. So, would a 30watt get too loud at around 1/3 through and will it sound good still?

blackwaterstout
01-27-2009, 10:14 AM
I play my 30W in an apartment and I play at either 2 or 3 on the dial. I'm constantly afraid that I'm pissing off the neighbors.

It's a pretty loud amp if you want it to be. Sounds good too.

nonamesleftWTF
01-27-2009, 10:19 AM
lol, I know just what u mean. Im on the verge of eviction myself.

Just to clarify, you say it sounds good on 2-3? Cause I have to do that on my avt50(sucks) and it sounds like someone is taking a dump. Everything's so muddy :(

Im also considering a Line 6 xt or x3, which do u guys think has better modeling?

nonamesleftWTF
01-27-2009, 03:21 PM
just ordered the 30w, i sure hope this thing sounds good lol :bonk:

ILoveGuitar07
01-27-2009, 03:26 PM

I went for the 75 and I feel my decision was best for me.

Its great for home practice.

and if you wanna go jam with a drummer sometime, its great there too.
I leave the 412 home (its just for live)

If you don't jam with a drummer, you might change you mind and do that later too.
Its not obselete once you have a 412.

I feel the vypyr 212 is too much unless you were going to gig with it.

to sum it all up, i think the best choice for a lot of people is the vypyr 75 (112)

Weavel33
01-27-2009, 04:29 PM
Would you say then that the 30 doesn't have the wattage to play through a 412 cab?...after it was modded to have a ext. speaker output that is.=p

tomsy49
01-27-2009, 05:53 PM
Hey can anyone who has the sanpera II tell me if they like it or regret getting it over the sanpera I?

gregs1020
01-27-2009, 06:14 PM
Cool, I'm looking to get on of these when they ship to England. What sort of stuff do you play? I just want to get an idea of the sounds you've tried to get and if you've been successful. I'd be looking for a mix of both decent clean and distorted/overdriven sounds. From what I've read they shouldn't be a problem, but as you've tried one I thought I'd ask.
I play a lot of classic rock and blues. I was able to coax a nice srv tone from it, as well as Zep, as well as VH. It's pretty good at all of those. It was very "dynamic" by that I mean touch sensitive.

tomsy49
01-27-2009, 07:36 PM
or anyone with either sanpera can weigh in.

zegreatdane
01-27-2009, 07:52 PM
or anyone with either sanpera can weigh in.
i have the sanpera I and honestly it does plenty, unless you really feel the need for 180 computer banked presets I dont know how much use you'll get out of the sanpera II, but that is simply my opinion your situation may be different than mine

shredderkidd
01-27-2009, 08:25 PM
NEW QUESTION

what about the envoy and the bandit are they decent amps or are they? ..if the peaveys the new line 6 then what amp should i get for a metal sound like the peavey 6505 or a vintage marshall?? under 500 bucks

MegadethFan
01-27-2009, 09:41 PM
NEW QUESTION

what about the envoy and the bandit are they decent amps or are they? ..if the peaveys the new line 6 then what amp should i get for a metal sound like the peavey 6505 or a vintage marshall?? under 500 bucks

The Peavey replaces the line 6, but it actually does a better job.

GruntOfAction
01-27-2009, 10:01 PM
A question to anybody who bought the 15 Watt Practice amp...Is it better than the crappy practice amp that came with my Squier Stratocaster? I saw some youtube videos of it and it seemed to have a lot of nice things with it and I am looking forward to it arriving.

MegadethFan
01-27-2009, 10:03 PM
A question to anybody who bought the 15 Watt Practice amp...Is it better than the crappy practice amp that came with my Squier Stratocaster? I saw some youtube videos of it and it seemed to have a lot of nice things with it and I am looking forward to it arriving.

Yes, it will be miles ahead of the squier amp.

GruntOfAction
01-27-2009, 10:06 PM
Yes, it will be miles ahead of the squier amp.

That's all I'm looking for then. I can't wait till it comes.

Was going to use it for a theater group as music (hopefully, if the person running it will ever listen to me) for them and I could make a few sound effects with different things.

eahilder
01-27-2009, 10:07 PM

yes its better...loads better...but if i was you i would just go ahead and get the 30 for the updates...not that the 15 is bad its just that updates can only make the amp better ya know...well its really up to you i guess...btw what do you play because i may have some setttings you may want..i have a metallica one, acdc(alot better than the one i posted earlier),and a good gnr clean one....

guys is it weird that i only use the xxx for all my settings it just sounds the best to me...

oneblackened
01-27-2009, 10:22 PM
i have the sanpera I and honestly it does plenty, unless you really feel the need for 180 computer banked presets I dont know how much use you'll get out of the sanpera II, but that is simply my opinion your situation may be different than mine
I believe there's a reverb switch plus another foot pedal, plus an effects on/off and separate looper controls.

oneblackened
01-27-2009, 10:24 PM
NEW QUESTION

Vypyr... It's the only modeler they make. All of their other amps are just normal and analog.

GruntOfAction
01-27-2009, 11:51 PM
yes its better...loads better...but if i was you i would just go ahead and get the 30 for the updates...not that the 15 is bad its just that updates can only make the amp better ya know...well its really up to you i guess...btw what do you play because i may have some setttings you may want..i have a metallica one, acdc(alot better than the one i posted earlier),and a good gnr clean one....

guys is it weird that i only use the xxx for all my settings it just sounds the best to me...

Well if I had $200 I would have gotten the 30 watt version don't you think?

Beginner87
01-28-2009, 01:05 AM
Figured I may as well post this here, got some pretty decent advice over in the Amp thread but it doesn't hurt to check here too:

I need a little help, hope I'm putting this in the right place. After some research and the advice of several users on this forum, I purchased the Peavey Vypyr 75. It was suggested to me because I wanted to play a wide variety of styles and this is supposed to be capable of pumping out a myriad of sounds. I don't doubt that it is, but due to my limited knowledge, I'm having trouble getting precisely the sounds I want.

Part of it can be blamed on my playing I'm sure, as I'm very much a novice, but even simple riffs I've got down just right sound good, but not QUITE as close as I'd like. I've read the instruction manual a few times, and while it was some help, it's still not enough.

Since my limited ability has me playing a lot of post-grunge and alt stuff (along with a healthy interest too of course, just wish I could play some of the more technical genres I'm also a fan of), could someone be so kind as to recommend some settings to use to get the desired sound? Really looking for something close to a Seether sound, as I've been learning as many of their riffs as I can over the past bit.

I've tried out distorted and clean channels on the Vypyrs 6505 and K-Stein (as well as the rest of its simulated amps of course), and they sound good, but not quite Seether.

I'm in the proper tuning according to the tabs I'm playing, and my guitar is an Epi Les Paul Custom.

I'm thinking perhaps I need to learn a bit more about delay and reverb (which I've been reading up on), but even then I'm not really sure where to set them to get the sound I want.

Or maybe there's an effect or stomp box I need to turn on. I really don't know, but I'm admitting that and asking for help.

If I've left out a piece of vital information or said something extremely stupid I'm sorry, but any help that can be given is much appreciated.

random_B-RAD
01-28-2009, 01:35 AM
Figured I may as well post this here, got some pretty decent advice over in the Amp thread but it doesn't hurt to check here too:

I need a little help, hope I'm putting this in the right place. After some research and the advice of several users on this forum, I purchased the Peavey Vypyr 75. It was suggested to me because I wanted to play a wide variety of styles and this is supposed to be capable of pumping out a myriad of sounds. I don't doubt that it is, but due to my limited knowledge, I'm having trouble getting precisely the sounds I want.

Part of it can be blamed on my playing I'm sure, as I'm very much a novice, but even simple riffs I've got down just right sound good, but not QUITE as close as I'd like. I've read the instruction manual a few times, and while it was some help, it's still not enough.

Since my limited ability has me playing a lot of post-grunge and alt stuff (along with a healthy interest too of course, just wish I could play some of the more technical genres I'm also a fan of), could someone be so kind as to recommend some settings to use to get the desired sound? Really looking for something close to a Seether sound, as I've been learning as many of their riffs as I can over the past bit.

I've tried out distorted and clean channels on the Vypyrs 6505 and K-Stein (as well as the rest of its simulated amps of course), and they sound good, but not quite Seether.

I'm in the proper tuning according to the tabs I'm playing, and my guitar is an Epi Les Paul Custom.

I'm thinking perhaps I need to learn a bit more about delay and reverb (which I've been reading up on), but even then I'm not really sure where to set them to get the sound I want.

Or maybe there's an effect or stomp box I need to turn on. I really don't know, but I'm admitting that and asking for help.

If I've left out a piece of vital information or said something extremely stupid I'm sorry, but any help that can be given is much appreciated.

Mess around with the settings or go to the settings thread and get a setting and change it round a bit to get your style.

flea's trumpet
01-28-2009, 01:51 AM
i;m looking to buy a Peavey Vypyr 15w amp. And my local guitar store is selling it for over $300 AUD. Does that sound right!?

Steeze
01-28-2009, 02:01 AM
Well i dont know the converson rate but it is 100 dollars American over here so.....why dont you convert that and see for yourself =]

random_B-RAD
01-28-2009, 02:12 AM
$300 is the lowest price I have seen it for in Australia, it is $300 at 90% of places that have it. The 30w is $400 so you would be better off getting that. The 75 is $700 though >.<

Beginner87
01-28-2009, 03:20 AM
Well, now I really feel like an idiot, and this goes to show my ignorance of EQ and sound stuff. I took a look over at the settings thread, and was thrilled with what I found. This celebration was short lived as I immediately began scratching my noggin wondering where the Hell the treble and bass knobs are on the Vypyr 75. I then took another look at the Vypyr manual, still no dice. Am I really this stupid or is there no way to adjust treble and bass on the Vypyr? Looks like I'll have to learn more about highs, mids, and lows in my attempt to get that Shaun Morgan sound.

random_B-RAD
01-28-2009, 03:27 AM
Pretty sure low = Bass. mid = mid, high = Trebble. I remember someone telling my but don't completely take my word for it.

Beginner87
01-28-2009, 03:38 AM
I was kind of starting to think that, but wasn't totally sure. I'm really trying hard to actually learn this stuff so I can stop bugging everyone here, but it's a little overwhelming.

Myshadow46_2
01-28-2009, 09:09 AM
I was kind of starting to think that, but wasn't totally sure. I'm really trying hard to actually learn this stuff so I can stop bugging everyone here, but it's a little overwhelming.

Ha, we've all got to learn somewhere and somehow. Keep bugging until you've got the answers you need :)

ILoveGuitar07
01-28-2009, 09:51 AM
NEW QUESTION

the bandit (similar to the size of the vypyr 75) is good.

I've seen guys have them for 10, 15 years, never a problem.

But the vypyr has so many more sounds and effects, and it sounded great, so thats what sold me on the vypyr over the bandit.

ILoveGuitar07
01-28-2009, 09:54 AM

We all used to be a beginner...so no worries man.

It is overwhelming at first, but if you keep trying it will eventually work it out.

Feel free to PM me with any questions.
I'd be glad to help you get a better sound out of your amp.

random_B-RAD
01-28-2009, 10:12 AM
What is the high e when using the tuner on the vypyr?

MegadethFan
01-28-2009, 10:42 AM
What is the high e when using the tuner on the vypyr?

"E" :facepalm:

random_B-RAD
01-28-2009, 10:48 AM
Low e then? Pretty sure it only says E once.

ILoveGuitar07
01-28-2009, 10:59 AM
"E" :facepalm:

"E??" :stickpoke

i thought it all lights up green when ur in tune?

I only used it a few times.

I think tuning by ear is better than a tuner.

random_B-RAD
01-28-2009, 11:00 AM
There is only 1 E on the vypyr.

oneblackened
01-28-2009, 11:09 AM
Yes, E=every E note.

random_B-RAD
01-28-2009, 11:16 AM
How does that make sense? They are practically opposite to each other? Or does the amp pick up how high or low the note is and tune it to what it was closest to or something?

oneblackened
01-28-2009, 11:28 AM
They're the same note... Just two octaves apart. All I know is that low e and high e are the same.

blackwaterstout
01-28-2009, 11:31 AM
Speaking of the Vypyr Tuner, anybody else else have this problem?

For the most part the tuner works fine but I sometimes have issues when tuning the high E (treble E). I usually tune Low E first, then A, D, G, B, E. After tuning the B string I strike the High E and it stays on B instead of moving to E.

eahilder
01-28-2009, 12:29 PM
Speaking of the Vypyr Tuner, anybody else else have this problem?

For the most part the tuner works fine but I sometimes have issues when tuning the high E (treble E). I usually tune Low E first, then A, D, G, B, E. After tuning the B string I strike the High E and it stays on B instead of moving to E.
i do...so now i just tune the low e and tune the rest by ear

random_B-RAD
01-28-2009, 01:07 PM
I usually go 3 4 2 6 5 1. I have a really odd order but it has always been the order I do it in.

zakkwyldefan79
01-28-2009, 01:20 PM
I've noticed the built in tuner doesn't work that well with active pickups. I can tune my Explorer with it and when I start playing it sounds awful. It works fine with all my other guitars. It does do the thing with the light for the B string staying on when I try to tune the high e string. When it does that I hit the low E to get the E light on then tune the high e string.

bert is
01-28-2009, 02:43 PM
is the 30 powerful enough to power an extesion cabinet with modifaction on page 33?

WARLOCK123
01-28-2009, 03:20 PM
i am looking for some settings for my vypyr 75.

i need a setting for Avenged Sevenfold. new and old stuff.

and a setting for Orion by Metallica

thanks

Moolah!
01-28-2009, 03:48 PM
Heyy. I want this amp because I want a lot of different sounds for a decent price, and good quality.
I'm torn between teh 30W, the 75, and the Sampera I or II.

I'm also torn between the Ibanez S470DXQM, and the Epiphone Black beauty. And which to get first haha.

Anyway, I think there should be a 'settings' thread for this amp.

bert is
01-28-2009, 04:22 PM
i love my 30, and the sanpera 1, i would get the 75 if you need the power, but the 30 is really loud. the sanpera 1 is great, i dont see the piont for 100$ more for the 2, the 1 does well

zakkwyldefan79
01-28-2009, 04:26 PM
Anyway, I think there should be a 'settings' thread for this amp.
At least 2 people have tried to make a Vypyr settings thread and the mods have closed them so don't try to make one. Just post your settings here in this thread.

LScullion09
01-28-2009, 04:34 PM
I've been looking for an amp which can match a Steve Vai distortion, but also get a warm clean sound. I currently have around 200 to buy an amp, and I am looking at a Peavey Vypyr. Would anyone say this is a good amp to match the sounds I am looking for?

Current Gear:-
Ibanez RG350DX
Spider 15

thellamaking
01-28-2009, 04:36 PM
Seeing your budget and the extremes of sounds you're after, and can't see anything else to recommend you.

:cheers:

ILoveGuitar07
01-28-2009, 05:14 PM
there needs to be a sticky about the pedals and amps to help choose. lol

eahilder
01-28-2009, 08:53 PM
anyone got an idea of how to make a pedal to switch between presets on the vypyr 15???

i know its kind of a long shot but i just hate having to bend over when playing fade to black...any ideas???

Brownie2
01-28-2009, 09:01 PM
Yes!!! Just got my Vypyr 15 today. I haven't plugged it in yet (I hope like hell it works). It looks awesome, even thought the speaker is some no name and the front panel is cheap plastic.

GymboJones
01-28-2009, 09:09 PM
Nice, I should be picking up the 30w on Friday. Anyone know where the closest Guitar Center, or Sam Ash is to the Canadian boarder in Niagara Falls? The 30w costs $300 dollars in Canada, and I think that is a rip for a modeling amp.

311ZOSOVHJH
01-28-2009, 09:11 PM
At least 2 people have tried to make a Vypyr settings thread and the mods have closed them so don't try to make one. Just post your settings here in this thread.
The guys that have posts on the first page could work together to Edit those posts. Divide and conquer different aspects and fill them with information like we did in the Valveking Thread MKII. :shrug:

Fat-bastard0603
01-28-2009, 09:12 PM
anyone got an idea of how to make a pedal to switch between presets on the vypyr 15???

i know its kind of a long shot but i just hate having to bend over when playing fade to black...any ideas???

You hqave to buy the Sanpera 1 footswitch, or you could ask in the Gear Building and Customizing forum :shrug:

Zappanator
01-28-2009, 09:17 PM
I've noticed the built in tuner doesn't work that well with active pickups. I can tune my Explorer with it and when I start playing it sounds awful. It works fine with all my other guitars. It does do the thing with the light for the B string staying on when I try to tune the high e string. When it does that I hit the low E to get the E light on then tune the high e string.
Same for me. I can't tune my Les Paul, but I have a predator with really bad pickups and it tunes. Just buy a $15 dollar tuner it helps until you can do it by ear.

b2spirita
01-28-2009, 09:25 PM
You hqave to buy the Sanpera 1 footswitch, or you could ask in the Gear Building and Customizing forum :shrug:

I dont think you can use that footswitch on the 15 watt

zakkwyldefan79
01-28-2009, 09:28 PM
Same for me. I can't tune my Les Paul, but I have a predator with really bad pickups and it tunes. Just buy a $15 dollar tuner it helps until you can do it by ear.
I've already got a regular tuner and I can tune by ear but it would be easier if the built in tuner worked right. I was just wondering if anyone else with active pickups had the same problem.

Brownie2
01-28-2009, 09:50 PM
I just used the tuner on my Vyper. Worked fine, although I have actual tuner just to make sure.

Holy crap this amp is loud. Thank god it has the headphone jack, because I'll be using that a lot.

eahilder
01-28-2009, 09:54 PM
well i was just asking because one guy at the peavey forums said that there is a midi connection thingy it the back of the vypyr 15 like through all the crap and i was wondering if it was active and if it is could i make a footswitch

Brownie2
01-28-2009, 09:58 PM
I'm pretty sure you can't use a footswitch with the 15 watt model, which kind of sucks.

eahilder
01-28-2009, 10:06 PM
I'm pretty sure you can't use a footswitch with the 15 watt model, which kind of sucks.
i know that its just that there is a midi connection in the very far back of the 15 watt and i wanted to know if it was active and if i could make a footswitch to change channels with....

tomsy49
01-28-2009, 11:17 PM
Hey zakkwyldefan i have the same problem with actives. Except i find the low e the worst to tune. Also ZakkWyldefan you said you were going to give a little review on the sanpera's once you tried them out... Have you been able to try one yet?

nonamesleftWTF
01-28-2009, 11:22 PM
anyone have any clips of this thats NOT metal?

gnomieowns
01-28-2009, 11:27 PM
anyone have any clips of this thats NOT metal?

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=15ZFXeoeTcs

that should do the trick.

zakkwyldefan79
01-28-2009, 11:28 PM
Hey zakkwyldefan i have the same problem with actives. Except i find the low e the worst to tune. Also ZakkWyldefan you said you were going to give a little review on the sanpera's once you tried them out... Have you been able to try one yet?
Not yet. My local shop is still waiting on theirs to come in. I guess Peavey shipped to all the big name merchants first. I hope they get them soon. I've got the money for one and I like to give them my business and they usually give me good deals too.

Linqua5150
01-28-2009, 11:42 PM
so ive been looking at buying a new amp to replace my ****ty marshall AVT.. ive decided on either a valveking or a vypyr.. can anyone give me their oppinions on both and which one they think i should go with? i mostly play metal/rock(opeth, porcupine tree, going up to like nile, and classic rock, so a wide spectrum, which ive heard these amps are good for) sometimes like jazz and bluegrass. my only complaint about the valveking, is that it doesnt have an acoustic sim, so i have to buy a seperate pedal for playing opeth-y stuff. and when i start writing some songs, this influence will affect my music greatly. idk if the vypyr has an acoustic sim built in,i havent played with it much as the valveking, ive just recently gone to guitar center and played them and liked them both. im just basically looking for like a vs comparison etc. right now im leaning more toward a valveking, but ive heard theyre both real good and i want to make the best choice.

Payton Ratliff
01-28-2009, 11:49 PM
Just ordered a 30 Watt Vypyr this morning.

Ill post what I think of it when I get it in a few days.

BTW Theyre 208.99 on Musicians Friend with standard 2-5 day shipping....Smokin deal if you ask me....(this is for a 30 watt might I remind you.)

I figured I would get a 30 watt for the few little extras thrown into it...

nonamesleftWTF
01-28-2009, 11:54 PM
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=15ZFXeoeTcs

that should do the trick.

that sounded pretty good, have any others?

tomsy49
01-29-2009, 12:17 AM
Ya that's same with mine.... i put some money down so they are saving one for me when they get in but i just don't know which to choose... The 2 looks simpler to use and i like the separate wah from volume pedal..just don't know if its worth the money or not... My friend has the spider footpedal and in order to use the wah, you have to set the volume of the amp with the pedal down(toe down) all the way or else it gets too loud when you go to engage the wah. just something small but it can get annoying.

ILoveGuitar07
01-29-2009, 12:32 AM
so ive been looking at buying a new amp to replace my ****ty marshall AVT.. ive decided on either a valveking or a vypyr.. can anyone give me their oppinions on both and which one they think i should go with? i mostly play metal/rock(opeth, porcupine tree, going up to like nile, and classic rock, so a wide spectrum, which ive heard these amps are good for) sometimes like jazz and bluegrass. my only complaint about the valveking, is that it doesnt have an acoustic sim, so i have to buy a seperate pedal for playing opeth-y stuff. and when i start writing some songs, this influence will affect my music greatly. idk if the vypyr has an acoustic sim built in,i havent played with it much as the valveking, ive just recently gone to guitar center and played them and liked them both. im just basically looking for like a vs comparison etc. right now im leaning more toward a valveking, but ive heard theyre both real good and i want to make the best choice.

You're going to have a lot more options with the peavey vypyr. Effects, many different amp sounds, plus more.

VK you're just going to have ur channels, and thats all.

Are you going to want a lot of different sounds and effects?

Linqua5150
01-29-2009, 12:55 AM
You're going to have a lot more options with the peavey vypyr. Effects, many different amp sounds, plus more.

VK you're just going to have ur channels, and thats all.

Are you going to want a lot of different sounds and effects?
theyd be cool to have, because i also have influences like rush and dream theater, but not 100% necessary.

edit: i do like the valveking becaus eits all tube, and has richer sound, i also feel it has better quality than the vypyr. the vypry does have the modeling and all that, but is it really necessary? the options and things are cool to have, but does it beat the valveking and why or why not? for now i just want good tone(better than my avt lol). ive heard alot of people praising both amps, i just dont want to buy one and learn later that it was a mistake.

nonamesleftWTF
01-29-2009, 01:11 AM
theyd be cool to have, because i also have influences like rush and dream theater, but not 100% necessary.

edit: i do like the valveking becaus eits all tube, and has richer sound, i also feel it has better quality than the vypyr. the vypry does have the modeling and all that, but is it really necessary? the options and things are cool to have, but does it beat the valveking and why or why not? for now i just want good tone(better than my avt lol). ive heard alot of people praising both amps, i just dont want to buy one and learn later that it was a mistake.

I feel the same way. I won't be using the majority of the stuff on the vypyr, but with my limited budget, I won't be getting any closer with anything else. Might as well have a little fun with all the neat effects and stuff.

nonamesleftWTF
01-29-2009, 02:36 AM
wow...ups is total fail...I ordered with 1 day delivery and the retards sent my package to the wrong facility, its rescheduled to feb. 2nd....I hate them so much.

Steeze
01-29-2009, 03:10 AM
well you should get your money back that you paid for the speed shipping because it did not reach you within the promised time span.

Nice i love my vyper 30 and i have yet to update it at all.

GruntOfAction
01-29-2009, 02:03 PM
My Vypyer 15 just came in the mail today, was pretty fast since we ordered on Monday..This thing is bigger than I thought which the only problem is that my Pool Table is cramped full of stuff! This amp is awesome though, took me awhile to figure out why my Killswitch wasn't working, then I saw Overdrive was on so I turned that off and it started working right again. I love all the effects with it though and even though it didn't come with a manual I think I can figure out what does what.

osXtiger
01-29-2009, 03:36 PM
My Vypyer 15 just came in the mail today, was pretty fast since we ordered on Monday..This thing is bigger than I thought which the only problem is that my Pool Table is cramped full of stuff! This amp is awesome though, took me awhile to figure out why my Killswitch wasn't working, then I saw Overdrive was on so I turned that off and it started working right again. I love all the effects with it though and even though it didn't come with a manual I think I can figure out what does what.

Didn't it come with a CD? Because the manual is on there.

WARLOCK123
01-29-2009, 04:41 PM
dont mean to repost but i need an answer

i am looking for some settings for my vypyr 75.

i need a setting for Avenged Sevenfold. new and old stuff.

and a setting for Orion by Metallica

also a setting for Green Day - American Idiot (song) and Holiday

and a setting for My Chemical Romance - Teenagers, Famous Last Words and Dead
thanks

GruntOfAction
01-29-2009, 04:42 PM
Didn't it come with a CD? Because the manual is on there.

Yeah I know it's on there but I was expecting a book manual..Oh well..

Also, a question to anybody who has the Vypyr 15: How the hell can I make a sound like this (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9UHayYW7xuk) with the amp? I know it's an Envelope filter and the amp has one but I have yet to figure out how it works fully.

Also a surprise for anybody who first turns it on, DON'T have the volume up because the first setting is on Overdrive and that sucker is LOUD!

WARLOCK123
01-29-2009, 04:43 PM
i've been wondering why the Vypyrs don't have an acoustic simulator. i just can't get why they didn't put one on

TheKingofGuitar
01-29-2009, 07:13 PM
I got to play a Vypyr 120 tube today those things are aswome I didn't get to play it long or turn it up very much but those things are ten times better than the solid state versions.

PuppetMaster91
01-29-2009, 08:57 PM
they cost a similar proportion more ^^

ILoveGuitar07
01-30-2009, 02:39 AM

i think the vypyr nails dream theater on the rec channel.
Mess with the pre/post gain to dial in just the right amount and it kills!

--------------------------

Personally, I like the vypyr better.
I don't have to replace tubes & it sounds great.
But don't choose the vypyr just becuase its my favorite.
All I can say is, go to your local music store,
Try out both and decide what you want.

No one amp is for everyone.

decide whats best for YOU

random_B-RAD
01-30-2009, 02:56 AM
I was getting an awesome sound for Pull me Under on the 4th factory preset in bank A.

slickerthnsleek
01-30-2009, 08:54 AM
I have the perfect BFMV tone on the 6505 channel... still looking for a good A7X tone, I've been using the Rec model but I can't get it just right, and I can't find a good sound for Paramore. Having a bit of trouble getting a good November Rain sound too. Anything else, I've had no worries.

random_B-RAD
01-30-2009, 09:13 AM
Here is what I got for my Dream Theater clean tone (like in Pull me Under intro)

Stompboxes: BC Chorus (both parameters Wes).
Amp: Dlx/Brit (both word good) Green channel.
Effects: Chorus (both parameters west).
Pre Gain: East
Low: West
Mid: West
High: North East
Post Gain: East

nonamesleftWTF
01-30-2009, 02:24 PM
I feel really dumb asking this but....I turn it on and I cant get any sound to come out. The volume is up, im connected, my guitar volumes are max, whats going on??

sure hope its not a doa, itll be the last time i buy a product from peavey/

ILoveGuitar07
01-30-2009, 03:21 PM
I feel really dumb asking this but....I turn it on and I cant get any sound to come out. The volume is up, im connected, my guitar volumes are max, whats going on??

sure hope its not a doa, itll be the last time i buy a product from peavey/

your not dumb for asking.

try a different guitar cable 1st.

then try a different guitar.

Always try the easy stuff first.

usually its the cable.

Guitar stuff has maintenance issues just like any thing else.
You change your oil in your car...right?

nonamesleftWTF
01-30-2009, 03:25 PM
guitar cable works, guitar works, tried in 2 other amps

just ried something, I held down the effects and gain knobs when starting up, no lights come up, but I can hear a clean setting coming from the speaker

ILoveGuitar07
01-30-2009, 03:31 PM
guitar cable works, guitar works, tried in 2 other amps

just ried something, I held down the effects and gain knobs when starting up, no lights come up, but I can hear a clean setting coming from the speaker

just return it if your not happy with it.

peavey has a 2 year warranty. I think it might be longer than that even.

I'm not have any issues with my vypyr 75

nonamesleftWTF
01-30-2009, 03:33 PM
did you update your amp?

return it if it doesn't work.
...i have to update it for it to work, please tell me no...

blackwaterstout
01-30-2009, 04:13 PM
Try turning it on with the cable unplugged. Does thee lights start flashing and spinning after a few seconds? If so then plug your guitar in and see if you have sound.

nonamesleftWTF
01-30-2009, 08:26 PM
tried this, yes the lights flash, but i get no sound.

slickerthnsleek
01-30-2009, 09:50 PM
Has anyone found a good Paramore or A7X tone?

Also, has anyone had any luck with the speaker change? I'm struggling to get a nice heavy tone out of mine.

SwamperGene
01-30-2009, 10:04 PM
I'm officially done with modeling amps myself. 4 crap amps since Dec. 7th...

Vox VT15....DOA

Next day, Vox VT30 (same price as 15 :D )...worked great for two weeks, then developed a squeal and odd "digital artifacts" after any signal, had to keep rolling gain back to be playable til one day it was constant.

Replaced with another VT30 (I really liked the sound)...after a short time, this one went south too, goofy noises and stuff.

Crossed Vox off my "want" list, exchanged it for a Vyper 30, came out of an obviously opened box with 1.5.5 installed (this is how it came to GC, so I guess Peavey is reloading the returns and shipping them back out). Again, a great sounding amp but lets see..Tuner worked accurately twice, after that it was a decoration. Some models didn't play well with certain frequencies, and would growl or fart at you if they felt like it. The random noise gate issue got annoying as hell, killing any of the very good clean/blues sounds you could get. And a good ear will pick up the digital noise after every note, PM, touch of the strings, etc.....a Peavey dude acknowledged it (documented on their own forums) and said some it will bother, some it won't, they feel it's acceptable.

Both amps do sound really good, I guess they are good for the price point, but I really think in both cases, Vox and Peavey, they rushed these things for the holidays and we all are the paying beta testers.

My own advice if you buy one of these...do not buy it without a return policy. For all the bitchin' people do about GC, they treated me very well though all of this. Took the Vyper back tonight and used the full return credit towards a Blues Deluxe, if I want bells and wistles I'll add them as I need 'em. :D

MegadethFan
01-30-2009, 11:52 PM
I think we should all get together and all send emails to Peavey requesting them to issue an update that replaces a bogus effect (i.e "Reverse") with an acoustic simulator.

In my opinion that would be much more useful than "Reverse".

Yay or nay? :)

Brownie2
01-31-2009, 12:05 AM
Mine is struggling to get a really heavy tone. The ones I get right now are good, but not great. Should I have the post gain up all the way, or is that not necessary? Anyone got some killer presets to share?

ILoveGuitar07
01-31-2009, 12:21 AM
I think we should all get together and all send emails to Peavey requesting them to issue an update that replaces a bogus effect (i.e "Reverse") with an acoustic simulator.

In my opinion that would be much more useful than "Reverse".

Yay or nay? :)

I'm sure they could do that no problem.

Idk if they would.

I say yay tho. lol

Brownie2
01-31-2009, 12:46 AM
Yeah, the Reverse effect is just stupid. What exactly is the use for it? An Acoustic Sim would be amazing.

slickerthnsleek
01-31-2009, 06:31 AM
You ever heard the end of Slow Cheetah by RHCP? The reverse effect has its uses.

But the Acoustic Sim would be helpful. I'm not bothered, I have an AC3. :P

WARLOCK123
01-31-2009, 07:30 AM
i don't see why we can't have a settings thread for the Vypyrs. there is the normal settings thread but that doesn't really count for the Vypyrs. and if you try and create a seperate thread you just get the whole "go to settings thread" or "just fiddle with it till you get the sound". the later reply could be used about the settings thread.