Same Riff (Firehouse and RATT) ???

PDA

View Full Version : Same Riff (Firehouse and RATT) ???

Crimson Ghost
08-20-2008, 05:02 PM
has anybody ever noticed all she wrote by firehouse has the same opening guitar riff as round and round by ratt??

heres videos to compare, tell me what you think

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pfrf8w7XaDw

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=a5gMeXz2YMw

exect4500
08-20-2008, 05:10 PM
i don't think either band intended to steal the riff, besides it's somewhat similiar but not exactly the same.

Jrsnyder881
08-20-2008, 05:11 PM
Good call man haha thats pretty messed up. Some comments on the Ratt video said that the riff is a knock off of unchained by Van Halen too :p

Crimson Ghost
08-20-2008, 05:14 PM
at least both songs rock , haha

iantheman
08-20-2008, 05:15 PM
lol unchained, round and round, all she wrote

all same riff (unchained a little different)

CJRocker
08-20-2008, 11:39 PM
The Ratt riff is a full step up from the VH riff and a different set of notes... not similar at all. Also played differently. Very similar to people who compare the riff to Start Me Up and Love Removal Machine. Different set of notes, played differently, but sound vaguely similar to an untrained ear. I do agree the Firehouse riff sounds similar. It seems like Lion (not White Lion, just Lion) unintentionally ripped off riffs from time to time too.

xxdarrenxx
08-21-2008, 04:18 PM
it all depends on the type of audience. what the other guy said; it sounds like that too an untrained ear. I hear same melodies very often, others don't because the rhythm or harmony/chords are different. It's just how it is.

I mean do the math on 12 notes and in different orders. I think there are more songs/melodies then combinations, though I can't be bothered too do math right now :p:

Crimson Ghost
08-21-2008, 05:26 PM
it all depends on the type of audience. what the other guy said; it sounds like that too an untrained ear. I hear same melodies very often, others don't because the rhythm or harmony/chords are different. It's just how it is.

I mean do the math on 12 notes and in different orders. I think there are more songs/melodies then combinations, though I can't be bothered too do math right now :p:

theyre not in different orders though