Dee Dee King on Joe Franklin Show!

PDA

View Full Version : Dee Dee King on Joe Franklin Show!

BrianApocalypse
08-20-2008, 06:59 PM
Finally found it.

Part 1:
http://vids.myspace.com/index.cfm?fuseaction=vids.individual&videoid=41184458

Part 2:
http://vids.myspace.com/index.cfm?fuseaction=vids.individual&VideoID=41186466

Discuss.

neidnarb11890
08-20-2008, 07:05 PM
Dee Dee King was a funky man.
Rap Genius!

BrianApocalypse
08-20-2008, 07:12 PM
Here's one of Dee Dee doing "Making Monsters for my friends" (it was later a song on Adios Amigos.)

http://vids.myspace.com/index.cfm?fuseaction=vids.individual&VideoID=41198320

Manos15
08-20-2008, 07:12 PM
I liek real rap liek paramore lol

But, yea, Dee Dee King was awful.

antianti99
08-20-2008, 09:57 PM
Dee Dee couldn't rap ........ but neither can most rappers.
But i gotta go with genius cause he writes great lyrics ( both with Ramones and solo ). And hes just awesome in general.

original=punk
08-20-2008, 11:25 PM
He is a great lyricist.

Ska Wars
08-20-2008, 11:36 PM
Well, i drive a mercedes
I like to impress the ladies
And knock out the home-boys too
This ain't the twist or the bugaloo
The mashed potato is in the groove
It's gonna make your body move
Make you snap, crackle and pop
I'm the master of hip hop

My mind is blown! :p:

Manos15
08-21-2008, 12:04 AM
"he gives Leonard Cohen a run for his money"

BrianApocalypse
08-21-2008, 11:02 AM
I love Dee Dee, but god damn, Leonard Cohen is pretty damn good.

lavazza
08-21-2008, 11:20 AM
Dee Dee can speak German......wtf......I hate Rap.......even if Joe Strummer did rap, it would have hated it.....I never listened to Dee Deeīs Hip Hop stuff, I know I would hate it.......itīs no prejudice, I just cannot tolerate hip hop, my ears get cancer as soon as they hear it

BrianApocalypse
08-21-2008, 12:04 PM
Dee Dee spent his childhood in Germany.

lavazza
08-21-2008, 01:37 PM
Ha then the Germans can claim they invented punk :D

BrianApocalypse
08-21-2008, 04:02 PM
They only invented half of punk. Dee Dee's dad was a Scottish American.

Lobotomy x
08-24-2008, 09:48 PM
Dee Dee's my boy! lolol

watch this video too: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=PmGLwqLg_XY

Sometimes i wonder whats going through his mind.

Snewkie
06-27-2010, 12:49 AM
Has anybody ever seen his record available for purchase?

charliezard!
06-27-2010, 02:03 AM
It's the latest.
It's the greatest.

MASHED POTATOOOO

Hawkeye Pierce
06-27-2010, 02:59 PM
The links on the first post aren't working.

I actually have the "Funky Man" 12" single and his full length rap album on vinyl. I got them off of ebay years ago.

Jett Diamond
06-27-2010, 03:04 PM
Man, all the resurrection of this thread did was make me feel embarrassed for Dee Dee and then have a surge of excitement thinking Jawn was back, only to discover that the post was from like two years ago.

Seriously though, would someone point me in the direction of Dee Dee being a good lyricist? I'm genuinely interested.

charliezard!
06-27-2010, 07:01 PM
Man, all the resurrection of this thread did was make me feel embarrassed for Dee Dee and then have a surge of excitement thinking Jawn was back, only to discover that the post was from like two years ago.

Seriously though, would someone point me in the direction of Dee Dee being a good lyricist? I'm genuinely interested.

Now I wanna sniff some glue.
Now I wanna have somethin to do.
All the kids wanna sniff some glue.
All the kids want something to do.

Jett Diamond
06-28-2010, 10:57 AM
Now I wanna sniff some glue.
Now I wanna have somethin to do.
All the kids wanna sniff some glue.
All the kids want something to do.
I feel as if Jesus himself was just resurrected and read the Bible to me personally.

BrianApocalypse
06-29-2010, 06:19 AM
Intoxicated by the orchids abandoned in the garden
Demanding morphine curse my soul is burning
Stranded in the sweet wonderings
breathing the pale moon silver
Torn painted lips tasting the last drops of life

Sometimes I feel like screaming
Sometimes I feel I just can't win
Sometimes I feelin' my soul is as restless as the wind
Maybe I was born to die in Berlin

I sprinkled cocaine on the floor
when no one was watching
I closed my eyes and I let myself sleep
Creeps and dirty bastards,
demons waitin' by my bed
There's no choice or difference,
no one seems to notice

Sometimes I feel like screamin

[Third verse in German]

Sometimes I feel like screamin

I just wanna walk
Right out of this world
'Cause everybody has a poison heart.

"I think that rock and roll should be three words and a chorus, and that the three words should say it all." - Dee Dee Ramone.

BrianApocalypse
06-29-2010, 06:23 AM
The links on the first post aren't working.

I actually have the "Funky Man" 12" single and his full length rap album on vinyl. I got them off of ebay years ago.

Awesome username. :cheers:

Yeah, they're down after all this time. Possibly on youtube now though.

I have a download of standing in the spotlight plus the demos from ramones.ru (they at least used to let you download some of the albums for free because of Russian copyright laws).

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=RV7wP76wx4c

This is the best song, but it's only a demo.

I don't think Dee Dee is a very good rapper, but he's still in my top 3 (after Rakim, plus the king himself - the chairman of the board, Notorious B.I.G.)

Hawkeye Pierce
06-29-2010, 08:22 PM
Thanks BrianApocalypse for the link. I hadn't heard that song before. Not very good though. I haven't listened to "Standing in the Spotlight" for a long time. I am listening to it now. It isn't bad. I can admit that. However if it wasn't Dee Dee I probably wouldn't be saying that. I checked the ramones.ru and they don't have the demos to download anymore but they do have some shows that I don't have. Thanks!

Jett Diamond
06-29-2010, 10:33 PM
Brian---
those lyrics are substantially better than anything I knew he was capable of. I personally wouldn't call him a great lyricist or anything, but I'm pretty impressed. Definitely good when he put his mind to it.

neidnarb11890
06-29-2010, 11:57 PM
Dee Dee wrote "Chinese Rocks" and "Chinese Rocks" is the best song ever and anyone who disagrees is more than welcome to suck my dick.
Come to think of it, so is anyone who agrees!

Jett Diamond
06-30-2010, 12:28 AM
Chinese Rocks is a pretty fucking wonderful song, but the only lyrical part that stood out was the third verse that Richard Hell wrote when he sang it for the Heartbreakers.

Not that the lyrics are a big concern. I was just thinking of them because of the turn this thread took. I agree with Richard Hell when he said that no song in the history of rock 'n' roll survives on the strength of its lyrics alone.

PS: this isn't the time, or the place, but I just felt like I should let you guys know that I totally DON'T have demos the Heartbreakers recorded when Richard Hell was in the band. And I would HATE to share them.

BrianApocalypse
06-30-2010, 05:32 AM
Thanks BrianApocalypse for the link. However if it wasn't Dee Dee I probably wouldn't be saying that.

No problem, I think that a lot of Dee Dee's appeal is his endearing character.

Brian---
those lyrics are substantially better than anything I knew he was capable of. I personally wouldn't call him a great lyricist or anything, but I'm pretty impressed. Definitely good when he put his mind to it.

Yeah, Dee Dee did get a lot more poetic later on. But I still think there's artistic flair in even his most direct lyrics, like Time Bomb. Lyrically, it's pretty banal, but when it sums your life up to that extent you can't help but get drawn in.

Come to think of it, so is anyone who agrees!

Thanks for inb4'ing what I was gonna say! :mad1:

:D

SuperBlob
06-30-2010, 08:54 PM
PS: this isn't the time, or the place, but I just felt like I should let you guys know that I totally DON'T have demos the Heartbreakers recorded when Richard Hell was in the band. And I would HATE to share them.
Man, since I'm so happy you didn't send me those Television demos I'd despise you even more than I would've for that if you sent me those

neidnarb11890
06-30-2010, 11:30 PM
You'd better NOT send those my way, 'cuz I HATE the Heartbreakers, and Richard Hell is A FUCKING ASSHOLE.

BrianApocalypse
07-01-2010, 05:54 PM
You'd better NOT send those my way, 'cuz I HATE the Heartbreakers, and Richard Hell is A FUCKING ASSHOLE.

I concur, and Walter Lure is a cold-blooded homosexual.

Please don't upload them to a file-sharing site and PM me the link, as I am a mentally secure and adult person above the raucousocity of cranked up rock and roll smattered with intellectualism.

Hawkeye Pierce
07-01-2010, 08:24 PM
Please don't upload them to a file-sharing site and PM me the link, .

Yes, please DON'T send me the link.

ss311
07-01-2010, 09:36 PM
Yes, please DON'T send me the link.

I'd be highly disappointed were they to make it my way.

█▐▌█▐▌
07-26-2011, 01:45 AM
hump de bump

Been Jammin' Doug E Fresh today and luvin it. It's better than Dee Dee Ramone I.C.L.C.
They only invented half of punk. Dee Dee's dad was a Scottish American.
I figure the Ramones can claim 50% of credit for inventing punk, and I think Johnny gets 40% of that, Joey gets 20%, and Tommy gets 15%, leaving Dee Dee with 25%.

So Germany has about 6.25% ownership of punk, which ain't bad. And that's assuming the other contributors to the invention didn't have any German lineage, which is unlikely.

And I guess Scotland gets 3.125% through Dee Dee.

BrianApocalypse
07-26-2011, 06:30 AM
Actually four bars, Scotland gets 100%.

3.125 through Dee Dee Ramone, and

96.875% through THE EXPLOITED, because THE EXPLOITED invented PUNK ROCK.