boss acoustic simulator AC2 vs. AC3???

PDA

View Full Version : boss acoustic simulator AC2 vs. AC3???

dagurime
08-21-2008, 09:46 PM
ok... this looks like a neat little effector that would allow me to change between acoustic sound and electric sound quickly during a song

now of course, im aware of the fact that it's not gonna give me that martin sound, but still it's a good way to change quickly, and i heard that they sound alright

the question is, what's the real difference between the two?
i guess AC3 has slightly more features but is that why it's like twice the price of AC2 on ebay???

igotabcrich32
08-21-2008, 09:49 PM
Theyre both terrible.

just trust me. I posted a thread like this a long time ago and everybody told me not to get one. So i bought an AC-2 on Ebay and it sat collecting dust for weeks until i sold it. There wasnt an 'acoustic' sound to be found on it.

a few months later i tried an AC-3 and felt the same way, only thing it had was a crappy reverb setting.

On a side note, i also bought one of those Clapton Crossroad pedals like 3 years ago to try out the acoustic settings, even worse than the Boss pedals.

ValoRhoads
08-21-2008, 09:55 PM
I actually use the AC-2 in my pedal board for some whacky tones! I never use it as an acoustic sim, Hell if I want acoustic sounds, I'll grab my acoustic guitar!

rocnroll4evr93
08-21-2008, 09:56 PM
idk. ive heard theyre pretty good too. i was thinking about buying one myself. but idk man. the AC-2 is pretty much the same thing as the ac-3 for less $ so i'd probably buy that one

dagurime
08-21-2008, 10:00 PM
I have ibanez AEF that i use for acoustic
but sometimes its just pain in the a*s when there is like one minute i have to play acoustic out of the entire jam and i have to carry two guitars

chea_man
08-21-2008, 10:27 PM
you might get better results by getting a Piezo pickup installed on your guitar. i beleive the Petrucci sig guitar has one.

dagurime
08-21-2008, 11:08 PM
you might get better results by getting a Piezo pickup installed on your guitar. i beleive the Petrucci sig guitar has one.

how do i do that?
i'm not that involved with accesories and pickups so im not too familiar with that

apak
08-22-2008, 12:25 AM
i say to just buy a decent chorus maybe a phaser and turn up the reverb. play on neck pickup. digital acoustic simulators are terrible and dont even sound really acoustic

Gabel
08-22-2008, 04:01 AM
how do i do that?
i'm not that involved with accesories and pickups so im not too familiar with that

What guitar do you have?

Tomaz24
08-22-2008, 05:15 AM
The AC3 provides quite a nice glassy sparkle which is certainly worth using. It's a ****e acoustic simulator, but quite a nice pedal for other things. If that makes any sense whatsoever. :)