08-26-2008, 07:05 PM
The lack of crepes sold at shows.

I enjoy crepes. :liplick:

sargasm
08-26-2008, 07:07 PM
I'd make me the moderator of it so it could be as awesome as this forum

CowsWithGuns
08-26-2008, 07:07 PM
I would like to take away any and all fighting ability from people who start **** at shows just for fun so they could receive the beatings they so richly deserve.

Actually there's lots of things I would change.

brooklynsoulja1
08-26-2008, 07:10 PM
its death?????<legit answer i would say

axeslash
08-26-2008, 07:11 PM
I would make these kind of threads punishable by 20 lashings.

neidnarb11890
08-26-2008, 07:11 PM
I'd replace the mawsh pits with wild orgies.

>=)

Xeus
08-26-2008, 07:12 PM
like..how irratable it can be sometimes, yunno? theres good pop punk then theres like horribly jumpy irratating pop punk

sargasm

Nah not really

gopherthegreat
That was very witty. Bravo.

JesusOfSbrbia
08-26-2008, 07:51 PM
Just one thing?

I'd want more people to go to shows. Get out and see bands you've never heard of, support local venues, pay the door price and make donations to DIY venues and touring bands.

My scene is weird - There are a LOT of really talented bands, and there's pretty much a show somewhere every night, but nobody ever goes out to the shows. Supply > demand, and places keep going bankrupt and shutting down.

:(

Leonheart
08-26-2008, 07:55 PM
Mohawks/Libertyspikes.

werty22
08-26-2008, 08:04 PM
To quote the always-reasonable Casualties:

KILL A CRUSTY
HIPPIES OUT OUT OF PUNK

etc...

original=punk
08-26-2008, 08:15 PM
circle pits.

Mack56
08-26-2008, 08:28 PM
i'd get rid of all the stupid in-fighting

gopherthegreat
08-26-2008, 08:29 PM
Get rid of fighting at shows

Edit: Refering to the scene as a whole, not my area. My area is quite kind.

waterproofpie
08-26-2008, 08:31 PM
The lack of crepes sold at shows.

I enjoy crepes. :liplick:

I was going to say ice cream, but I can back this as well.

Zero Substance
08-26-2008, 08:31 PM
get rid of the douche bags, the commercialization, and the casualties. well, they are all the same thing really.

Ska Wars
08-26-2008, 08:48 PM
Add more pop punk bands that don't suck.

mbbmalcolm
08-26-2008, 09:41 PM
get rid of the douche bags, the commercialization, and the casualties. well, they are all the same thing really.

So very true.

RizzoWashburn
08-26-2008, 09:44 PM
Get rid of fighting at shows
There's fighting at our shows?

lolmnt
08-26-2008, 09:47 PM
Add more pop punk bands that don't suck.The lack of crepes sold at shows.

I enjoy crepes. :liplick:Combine these to posts for my answer.

pnkrockfishermn
08-26-2008, 11:06 PM
Kids who think they are the "punx police". For example one day i wore a green day shirt that had the "kiss me im punk" logo on it and all i heard was "lol green day arnt teh punx! st00pid poser!! lol!!!1!1!!one. And yes i know that green day arent the same pop punk band that they used to be.

hard_rock101
08-27-2008, 12:12 AM
id bring back the dead milkmen. and then kill the new dead kennedys.

lolmnt
08-27-2008, 12:12 AM
id bring back the dead milkmen. and then kill the new dead kennedys.Where have you been?

Manos15
08-27-2008, 12:13 AM
Less guys, more girls :)

hard_rock101
08-27-2008, 12:16 AM
Where have you been?
not lurking, not at all >.>

lolmnt
08-27-2008, 12:19 AM
not lurking, not at all >.>I meant the new Dead Kennedys are the dead Dead Kennedys.

BostonLacrosse
08-27-2008, 12:20 AM
i would put all punk and ska shows in giant moon bounces so you could really moon stomp in teh pit!

lolmnt
08-27-2008, 12:27 AM
i would put all punk and ska shows in giant moon bounces so you could really moon stomp in teh pit!That was suggested in another thread, but we decided that wouldn't work because of studs and if somebody has really strong liberty spikes. A ball pit would be the best.

Iluvpowerchords
08-27-2008, 12:34 AM
I suggested it.

You bastards shot down my dreams.

:sad:

JesusOfSbrbia
08-27-2008, 12:34 AM
A ball pit would likely have tainted needles

Just sayin'

lolmnt
08-27-2008, 12:39 AM
I suggested it.

You bastards shot down my dreams.

:sad::haha I'd be surprised if anybody but you had suggested it.

Yeah it would be amazing. There was a huge party that was had here at the beginning of summer that had a moon bounce and one of the inflatable water slides. Drunk people+ moon bounces and water slides=crazy funny. If I ever play an outdoor show there will be a moon bounce.A ball pit would likely have tainted needles

Just sayin'You have to put up a sign saying, "No junkies in the ball pit."

yeahyeah
08-27-2008, 12:47 AM
I'd set up an instrument sharing infrastructure(or mentality), like venues or people putting on shows would always have a house set of drums and amps so that bands could tour in small cars with a few guitars instead of big vans and trailers.

Robot99909
08-27-2008, 12:51 AM
The end of the collective dictatorship known as punk. As in "Punks do this, Punks don't do that..." Also the term "punk". Yeah.

hard_rock101
08-27-2008, 12:55 AM
I meant the new Dead Kennedys are the dead Dead Kennedys.
well ****, im behind

original=punk
08-27-2008, 01:27 AM
I'd set up an instrument sharing infrastructure(or mentality), like venues or people putting on shows would always have a house set of drums and amps so that bands could tour in small cars with a few guitars instead of big vans and trailers.

This is a great idea.

StreetLight3989
08-27-2008, 01:30 AM
I'd take away violence at shows, but that doesn't seem to be a problem at most shows I go to. I also think a moon bounce or trampoline floors for a pop punk show would be a brilliant idea.

neidnarb11890
08-27-2008, 01:50 AM
A venue here actually has a house set of drums. And a house bass amp. It's pretty neat. I should try to convince Jeremiah to use it so we don't have to cart his huge ass cabinet down there. Actually that would be awesome, cuz then we could fit the **** in my car instead of taking my mom's van. I ****ing hate driving my mom's van.
He's probably too stubborn to go for that though.

original=punk
08-27-2008, 01:58 AM
But bass tones don't matter, it's gonna be turned off in the mix anyway.

Iliemyfaceoff
08-27-2008, 02:05 AM
People that sit on their high horse, It seems almost every scene has those few that look down their noses at everyone else because of their superior knowledge of what ever that may be. I dont like it that people look at others outside of their direct group of friends as inferiors, I dont like it that you have to prove yourself to elistist as,sholes and are slammed for liking any other music than what is accepted. Theres alot of that here too. =/

GoonMcGoon
08-27-2008, 02:25 AM
the lack of true punx

StreetLight3989
08-27-2008, 02:49 AM
People that sit on their high horse, It seems almost every scene has those few that look down their noses at everyone else because of their superior knowledge of what ever that may be. I dont like it that people look at others outside of their direct group of friends as inferiors, I dont like it that you have to prove yourself to elistist as,sholes and are slammed for liking any other music than what is accepted. Theres alot of that here too. =/
I agree, a music scene should be an accepting place. I mean you're all there for the same reason.

Swap-Meet
08-27-2008, 03:36 AM
the lack of "good" bands coming to Montreal :D

lavazza
08-27-2008, 05:27 AM
First of all the Emos, than Iīd make the hardcore dancing more peaceful and all of the idiots who donīt care for nothing but drinking

axeslash
08-27-2008, 06:17 AM
First of all the Emos, than Iīd make the hardcore dancing more peaceful and all of the idiots who donīt care for nothing but drinkingBut I really really really really like violent hardcore dancing! How else is a masochist supposed to enjoy punk rock?

lavazza
08-27-2008, 08:42 AM
But I really really really really like violent hardcore dancing! How else is a masochist supposed to enjoy punk rock?

I just dislike clicheed new hardcore kids with "Death before dishonor" t schirts who jump around and hit into your stomach, they should go to theri shows and shut up.

BrianApocalypse
08-27-2008, 08:46 AM
I would get rid of "punk 'n' roll".

It's basically hardcore twats pretending to be Johnny Cash.

whyvern
08-27-2008, 09:14 AM
I agree with yeahyeah that we should adopt the japanese model of touring in the United States. 1) It would make touring much cheaper and 2) it would greatly reduce our ecological footprint. Erick Lyle had a pretty good (but only a dream scenario) ideal for touring punk rock. That every town has a community center or house shows and that bands all share equipment people use waste vegetable oil to power their cars and that waste oil is collected by the community for donations for the show and in addition to that hombrewed beer is sold to benefit the touring bands and help them with their expenses. It's a good idea but there are some practical steps we can do when we book shows to make them better:

Give the touring band a place to stay and food, it's not that hard to cook for 4 or 5 people and if yer not that good at cooking I'm sure there's people in yer scene that would love to help!

Try and establish regional networks of people sharing equipment to cut down on fuel costs.

Buy or brew some beer for the touring bands. Homebrew is really easy to do. You don't need to much space to do it, you can recycle bottles you and yer friends allready use (be sure to get dark bottles though... we drank 4 cases of heinken light cos we thought the bottles looked cool only to find out they wouldn't work with homebrew cos of the light that would get into the beer and make it all skunky) and the other advantage of homebrew is that yer beer will be better than a case of Beast™ light and you don't have to be 21 to buy stuff for homebrewing... it's all things that can be bought in the store. Eventually we could have totally underground bars run in spaces by the punks and the income from that could help sustain venues and help touring bands out.

All of this sharing will help to establish a community in yer region and then we can begin to all integrate it on a national level. It'll take a while but something like this has to start happening or people are only going to be able to small regional tours with the exploding cost of gas.

In Japan all the venues have a backline and you get food and booze at every show. Of course the shows cost much more money but there are ways to avoid doing this if they're not in club spaces.

But my opinion isn't reflective of punk worldwide. I haven't been to too many shows here in Europe yet and I've never been to a show in Israel, Southeast Asia, Australia, Latin America or Japan/China... so I don't know how those communities work.

From what I've heard from people is that the Mexican punk rock community is all about sharing and building a community and is very anarchist in nature. But the majority of bands that tour in that community are sonically similar whereas the US has a more sonically diverse stream of bands touring within the same community (it's not unheard of to have a show with a d-beat band, a pop-punk band and a garage rock band all playing together... but it's also not as common as I'd live it to be).

Hopefully soon I'll have a good idea of what punk rock here in Italy is like and I'll be able to compare it the States.

Swap-Meet
08-27-2008, 10:20 AM
First of all the Emos, than Iīd make the hardcore dancing more peaceful and all of the idiots who donīt care for nothing but drinking

yes and yes... I've always thought it was stupid to go into a pit and just try and spin kick, and punch people in the face...

I would also make drummers easier to ****ing find...and more all ages shows (****ing GBH...)

Yeah...I'd change alot :D

whyvern
08-27-2008, 12:50 PM
^ playing drums isn't that hard... I didn't think I could do it cos I think I have pretty bad rythmn and everyone told me I was terrible at it but I practiced alot and got better at it. Punk is pretty easy to play on drums... do it yerself!

original=punk
08-27-2008, 01:58 PM
Yeah, I can do a pretty decent beat, nothing too complicated, but whatevs.

Iluvpowerchords
08-27-2008, 02:43 PM
If I was gonna home brew, I'd make chicha!

It's just a lot of corn and native spit! *-)

mike2
08-27-2008, 02:51 PM
we home brewed meade...we drank it from horns...

antianti99
08-27-2008, 03:18 PM
for me i'ld get rid of all the kids with big ass hair
Although they are annoying if we got rid of them we'll end up with these at all the shows. http://i57.photobucket.com/albums/g226/alicat1184/guidos.jpg
Take your pick !

Swap-Meet
08-27-2008, 03:34 PM
^ playing drums isn't that hard... I didn't think I could do it cos I think I have pretty bad rythmn and everyone told me I was terrible at it but I practiced alot and got better at it. Punk is pretty easy to play on drums... do it yerself!

Yeah, but there's so little drummers that are into the kidn of music my band plays

gopherthegreat
08-27-2008, 03:54 PM
There's fighting at our shows?
Not really (I've only ever seen like 4 or 5 fights). I think this thread is about the punk scene as a whole, and in areas where it's violent, it makes the whole scene look bad.

whyvern
08-27-2008, 03:58 PM
Yeah, but there's so little drummers that are into the kidn of music my band plays

start playing drums then. You can get a cheap-o kit at a thrift store. It's not that hard. I did it and I'm just some guy.

CowsWithGuns
08-27-2008, 04:06 PM
The end of the collective dictatorship known as punk. As in "Punks do this, Punks don't do that..." Also the term "punk". Yeah.

Sooo...You want to disband the entire punk scene? :rolleyes:

Swap-Meet
08-27-2008, 04:13 PM
start playing drums then. You can get a cheap-o kit at a thrift store. It's not that hard. I did it and I'm just some guy.

I don't want to play drums....Well...I do...but I don't wanna play drums in my band

CowsWithGuns
08-27-2008, 04:14 PM
Build a robot.

sargasm
08-27-2008, 04:28 PM
Use a drum machine.

Berurier Noir did it therefore it is cool.

Swap-Meet
08-27-2008, 04:30 PM
Build a robot.

cool...I'll build him modelled after Jorge!

it'll be totally p0nx

Use a drum machine.

Berurier Noir did it therefore it is cool.

I'd prefer a drummer

whyvern
08-27-2008, 04:51 PM
NAZIS FROM MARS are also an awesome punk band that had a drum machine.

I thought of one more thing that I'd like to change about punk... PINHEAD GUNPOWDER would play more shows... and play in my basement.

yeahyeah
08-27-2008, 04:59 PM
How did you get into homebrew? I've always wanted to give it a shot but I don't really know where to start. Did you buy one of those kits?

original=punk
08-27-2008, 05:09 PM
I'm not much of a beer guy, so I've never gave any attention to homebrew.

Mav-16
08-27-2008, 08:54 PM
I'm not much of a beer guy, so I've never gave any attention to homebrew.

dude,

I don't wanna sound like a d!ick, but are you like one of those square dudes

Iluvpowerchords
08-27-2008, 09:43 PM
dude,

I call him Percival

Ska Wars
08-27-2008, 09:48 PM
^I like his camel toe :p:

Iluvpowerchords
08-27-2008, 09:50 PM
He's a hipster...

He wore his jeans in the tub just so he could have maneltoe.

For the ironic lulz.

Now I wish I put one of those extravagant Jewish scarves on him.

lavazza
08-28-2008, 05:27 AM
Toxoplasma used a drum machine on "Leben Verboten", it was a great album, far from their bets, but great

Adam_Harrison9
08-28-2008, 09:14 AM
I'd get rid of elitists.

lavazza
08-28-2008, 09:32 AM
You want to be alone in here?

axeslash
08-28-2008, 10:17 AM
I wouldn't homebrew beer, it'd be too much work for a drink I don't entirely care about. However, if I could homebrew whiskey, I'd be living in heaven.

lavazza
08-28-2008, 10:29 AM
Here it would be easy to get cheap beer for DIY shows, you just have to tell the kids not to smash the bottles, then you get ca. 75 bottles for 10 euros.
Of course you cannot sell the beer when thereīs no gig.

GreenAC/DC123
08-31-2008, 01:42 AM
I'd make it so that "Dookie" and "Smash" never got big so we wouldn't have to deal with all of the "punk" bands of today. I am glad those albums were released, though, as they are two of my favorites.

axeslash
08-31-2008, 04:36 AM
I'd make it so that "Dookie" and "Smash" never got big so we wouldn't have to deal with all of the "punk" bands of today. I am glad those albums were released, though, as they are two of my favorites.Go back to the pop-punk and emo forum.

JesusOfSbrbia
08-31-2008, 04:48 AM
I'd get rid of elitists.
And an elitist is anyone with better taste than you, right? :p:

original=punk
08-31-2008, 12:28 PM
dude,

No, beer just doesn't agree with my body, it makes me bloated and gassy.

bainsy911
08-31-2008, 01:21 PM
id make the music bit harder its so simple but effective i just like more in the solos

RizzoWashburn
08-31-2008, 04:54 PM
^Do you even listen to punk?

StreetLight3989
08-31-2008, 05:28 PM
id make the music bit harder its so simple but effective i just like more in the solos
That has nothing to do with the punk scene.

Cameronrobson
09-01-2008, 10:04 AM
Mohawks/Libertyspikes.
i like mohawks and liberty spikes

lavazza
09-01-2008, 10:07 AM
^I like them too. You Americans should do something against your aversion towards that.

whyvern
09-01-2008, 10:12 AM
Here it would be easy to get cheap beer for DIY shows, you just have to tell the kids not to smash the bottles, then you get ca. 75 bottles for 10 euros.
Of course you cannot sell the beer when thereīs no gig.

what beer is that cheap cos that's what i need to start buying.

For homebrew you can buy kits on the internet and get the ingredients at any grocery store. It's super easy and honestly all you need is a pot, one of those 5 gallon paint buckets and a few of the things from the kit and yer in business.

lavazza
09-01-2008, 10:38 AM
what beer is that cheap cos that's what i need to start buying.

For homebrew you can buy kits on the internet and get the ingredients at any grocery store. It's super easy and honestly all you need is a pot, one of those 5 gallon paint buckets and a few of the things from the kit and yer in business.

Itīs called Paderborner. First you have to spent 7€ to get a 24 bottles, but you get back 3,50 when you bring back the box with the bottles. But I think that beer isnīt that cheap in America

Droogie13
09-02-2008, 12:42 AM
More of a punk scene in my town. Not emo kids and creepy goth type kids say they are.