Goin' to DC

PDA

View Full Version : Goin' to DC

XxFIENDxX
08-26-2008, 09:02 PM
So I might have the chance to go to DC for a few days with a school group later this year. Im thinking of maybe catching a show up there. Whats the scene there like now? Any venues I should check out?

Jett Diamond
08-26-2008, 09:10 PM
Hm.
The Black Cat, the 930 Club, and the Rock 'n' Roll Hotel are some of the "bigger" venues. Then you can get into the suburbs of DC on both the Maryland and Virginia side where there are other venues.

The scene is hit and miss, and very much depends on what you're interested in. From what I've gathered, there's an excellent folk scene, a good hardcore scene, and so on. There are a lot of bands, really.

D.C. is nice. You should definitely come.

mbbmalcolm
08-26-2008, 09:40 PM
Although I live outside of D.C., I know pathetically little about the scene. But pretty much listen to what Jett said.

Zero Substance
08-26-2008, 10:13 PM
When are you going to be around? Bigger venues are 9:30 club, Black Cat, the red and black, rock and roll hotel, and if you are 18 or over dc9. smaller places are alfishawy cafe, bervin haus(basement of a collective house), girl cave(another collective house), corpse fortress(house in silver spring), the boy cave(yet another house), st stephen's church(legendary, all the old dc hardcore bands played there). there are more, i am just blanking. most of the stuff we have here is hardcore, crust, or grind with the occasional good pop punk band thrown in. just let me know when you will be around and i'll see what's going on.

Jett Diamond
08-26-2008, 10:23 PM
Although I live outside of D.C., I know pathetically little about the scene. But pretty much listen to what Jett said.
Check yer inbox *-)

prplhazed
08-26-2008, 11:03 PM
I'm wishing i knew more about the scene.
Arlington seems pretty dead to me.
Its mi casa or beer pong with preppies.

Jett Diamond
08-26-2008, 11:07 PM
I live on the edge of Arlington. Like, the other side of the street is Arlington.

What's with all you people who suddenly live near me?
I remember when I first started getting into punk, I thought the scene was totally dead. I had to do me some real digging, haha.