how do i sing and play?

PDA

View Full Version : how do i sing and play?

Joeofthe60s
08-28-2008, 10:53 PM
i've been trying to play rhythm guitar and sing beatles songs and i do alright until i sing and then i lose my rhythm, any suggestions?

AA00P
08-28-2008, 10:57 PM
1. Practice the part on guitar until you can play it perfectly.
2. Practice the vocal part until you can do it perfectly.
3. Practice the two together until you can do it perfectly.
4. ????
5. PROFIT!!!

Seriously though, I really don't think there is anything you can do other than practice.

Also, I really don't think this is the right forum...

black-sabbath
Take it to the musician's talk forum

Ubercheemu
...Practice. Work on singing, and playing seperatly. Then put them together. and after awhile. OH MY GOD Wouldn't you know it! you can sing and play! seriously dude, not complicated.

Niki (guitar)
08-28-2008, 10:59 PM
Hehe I have the same problem but certain songs I can teach myself to not think about it and let everything come naturally. Works for me :D

Fender1424
08-28-2008, 11:04 PM
I had the same problem, but I just kept practicing, and I got used to it and I can play and sing on rythme.

jack_demo
09-25-2008, 03:49 PM
my tip would be to just practise it bit by bit. unlike the other suggestions i learned tom petty songs which are also chord based and i just learned say 30 seconds of the song every couple of days. at the end you string it all together and due to experience it was easy to play the whole song with strumming near enough perfectly. hope it goes well for ya, peace out.

SomeoneYouKnew
09-25-2008, 04:25 PM
Take it to the musician's talk forum
This ^ ... only nicer.

the Mods here in the Newbie Forum are really nice.
they'll probably move this to MT for you, or just close it and politely point you in the right direction.

When you're unsure of where to put a thread, go to Important: New Members FAQ (http://www.ultimate-guitar.com/forum/showthread.php?t=748602) and read the list of forums and their descriptions. The Newbie Forum is for questions on how to use UG, how to work the controls, etc.

cool that you didn't put this in the Pit, though.
Mods really hate it when you put things in the Pit when they belong in the forums.

... anyway, good luck on singing and playing.
i can do either, but not both at the same time, so i have no help for you there.