Avantgarde/experimental death metal

PDA

View Full Version : Avantgarde/experimental death metal

Pingis_Or_Death
08-31-2008, 05:23 AM
Finished this song a couple of days ago...Sounds a bit like obscura-era Gorguts, except not as avant-garde.
Comments/suggestions are appreciated. C4c applies.

TMA-2
09-01-2008, 11:13 PM
i actually quite liked it. you're right, it's a lot like gorguts. m56-63 reminded me a bit of the tapping part near the middle of 'obscura' (the song, that is). i did feel that more could've been done with m29-37, like perhaps a lead or extended drum fill. the intro riff was the most memorable to me. not sure why, really, considering it's a bunch of 7ths and 9ths. i would definitely hum it right now if i had multiple sets of vocal chords :S. suppose it has an enigmatic quality.

VengeanceIsMine
09-06-2008, 05:10 PM
Very good song. Lots of good riffs with lots of variation. Quite a lot like Gorguts indeed, though it resembles their older stuff more and not so much Obscura in my opinion with the exception of the solo. Perhaps I'm a bit biased because I like this brand of Death Metal but I can find nothing wrong with this song. Everything is where it needs to be and everything is technical like I like it. The drum fills and drumming overall were very good and I really like the bass fill on bar 46 although I would have proffered it were slightly longer, but it's still pretty well done. With that being said the bass is very well done and the bass part at bars 92-95 sounds really cool. Although it's quite technical it doesn't really sound avant-garde to me as Obscura does so I don't think that the avant-garde label is one that fits this song very well. Other than that this is a very well written song, musically there is nothing at all wrong with this.

Crit for Crit, maybe?

http://ultimate-guitar.com/forum/showthread.php?t=952465

huevos
09-21-2008, 07:14 PM
Oh crap, I forget to mention C4C. Idk if that's the general rule, but I must follow it.
So, if you please, C4C.

Pingis_Or_Death
09-22-2008, 01:15 PM
Oh crap, I forget to mention C4C. Idk if that's the general rule, but I must follow it.
So, if you please, C4C.
What are those tg files in your post? I cant open them with any program...I'd recommend you make separate threads for your songs, they'll get way more views that way. Send me the link if you decide to make a thread.

huevos
09-29-2008, 11:46 PM
What are those tg files in your post? I cant open them with any program...I'd recommend you make separate threads for your songs, they'll get way more views that way. Send me the link if you decide to make a thread.

Oh yeah, I forgot that it's in TuxGuitar format.

Alright, lets see if this works.
http://www.ultimate-guitar.com/forum/showthread.php?p=16489428#post16489428

Nevermind.
You'll need Tux to see.