Thrash Metal Clean Intro/Intro Testament style (GP5,4,MIDI) C4C

PDA

View Full Version : Thrash Metal Clean Intro/Intro Testament style (GP5,4,MIDI) C4C

British_Steal
08-31-2008, 10:20 PM
Alright this is testament influenced thrash. I liked a lot of there lead guitar stuff and I incorporated a lot here. I don't think this sounds like a rip off but lemme know if it does to you. There is quite a bit but its just a beginning. It gives a good impression of what it will sound like though.

Please let me know what you think. Be sure to leave a link to your piece so i can crit it!

Skillet_Panhead
08-31-2008, 11:14 PM
Sure, I'll take a look :D

Woah, when did Testament write THAT one ;) jk. I totally see the Testament influence now more than before. Did I see a little Burnt Offerings with the Staccato's in measure 6? I liked that.

This is definately not a rip off, at least not in my book. I'm a huge fan of Alex Scholnik's(sp?) leads as well. Well, Testament's leads in general, but I think they're at their best with Scholnik (sp again) playing lead guitar. His soloing style never runs dry and his tone is amazing. It's like so clear, it almost sounds clean, but it's distorted. Anyway, we're discussing your song here. I give it a 9/10 simply because I WANT TO HEAR MORE :D That's the only think keeping you from a 10, lol. MORE!

Oh, btw. Would you mind taking a 2nd look at my song again, please? I revised it and it might shock you a little because it's almost a completely different song. "Sea of Lies" is what you'll be looking at. Thanks!
http://www.ultimate-guitar.com/forum/showthread.php?t=943853

EDIT: After taking another look at it I have just this one suggestion... It's more of a personal preferance really. But starting at measure 17 (where the bpm goes to 220), change that 9 on the D string to a 14 on A, and in measure 19, change the 7 on D to 12 on A. In my opinion it keeps all those notes closer together and makes a lot more sense to play. Just a suggestion :cool:

Jake the Peg
09-01-2008, 01:10 PM
synyster gates style intro.
nice

Ze_Metal
09-01-2008, 01:40 PM
synyster gates style intro.
nice

Not really.

I liked it, the intro was very dark and creepy, then the thrash kicked in an got me pretty pumped.

8/10 Make moreee Haha

Friendly Stoat
09-01-2008, 04:16 PM
I really liked that! It sounded really dark, and I'd imagine it would be pretty epic at a live show if you were to play it live, because of the atmosphere it would probably create. Carrying on with the thrashier part at the end in the same style would be good, it sounds great so far. It all flows nicely and I think it's definetly worth continuing :)

Here's mine - different style completely, but crit it if you want :) http://www.ultimate-guitar.com/forum/showthread.php?t=949005