Can't edit contributions!

PDA

View Full Version : Can't edit contributions!

Apollo65
09-01-2008, 04:12 PM
I read the FAQ and have been looking around for a long time about editing songs but I haven't found anything except the 'edit contributions' bar on my profile. I've entered three or four songs but when I look under 'my contributions' there isn't anything there! Can I only edit my contributions within a month of entering them? Please help! :(

Burpin'Worm
09-01-2008, 04:36 PM
By songs you mean tabs?

To edit or update your tabs go in to my contributions then tabs then click the blue u!.

However, I don't see any contributions listed under your profile, are you sure they were accepted? Go in to my contributions and under the st column there should be a letter: w = waiting, a = accepted, d = denied. If they were denied but you don't understand why check out the where is my tab sticky in the contributions forum.

If you are sure they are on the site but they aren't listed under your contributions then they haven't been attributed to you - on the actual tab's page it would say Tabbed By: Unregistered. If that is the case I would PM Dyuha or matter, explaining the situation and asking if they could attribute the tabs to your account.

Apollo65
09-01-2008, 05:44 PM
Thanks for your help, but there is no blue u but when i look at the tab i entered it does say entered by unregistered. I haven't been on forums a lot so I don't know 'PM' or 'Dyuha' :P please elaborate :D Thanks again!

Burpin'Worm
09-01-2008, 05:53 PM
PM = Private Message.

Click here (http://profile.ultimate-guitar.com/matter/) to go to matter's profile. On his profile is a "Send Message" button, send a message explaining that the tabs you sent haven't been attributed to your account, give links to them, and ask if it would be possible to have them credited to you.

Dyuha used to handle this but he's leaving so I think matter will be able to help you with it.

M41d3n4l1f3
05-17-2010, 03:38 PM
I wrote a lesson and put in the wrong category. Can I edit this? Will this effect the amount of people who see the lesson? Its supposed to be in technique but i accidentally put it under chords =\

jimmy_neutron
05-17-2010, 08:22 PM
That'll probably be picked up by the approval team, and put in the correct section, assuming it is accepted.

I know everyone here screams for people to use the search bar, but users are also encouraged not to "necrobump". Necrobumping, put simply is when someone bumps a really old topic. Threads over 2 years old fall into this category :p: If a situation like this occurs again, feel free to make a new thread!

:cheers: