Black metal song

PDA

View Full Version : Black metal song

Kiwara
09-02-2008, 01:48 PM
I'm working on this song, I want to hear some critique, if its going on the right way. Thanx to everyone.

GP4
:peace: :peace:

MetalheadforJC
09-02-2008, 01:54 PM
I thought rap was black music?

Kiwara
09-02-2008, 01:55 PM
Chech, you joking? xD Listen to some stuff from Immortal, thats what we call black music in Czech Republic xD tho my song isn't really 100%black metal.... :-)

Slaytanic1993
09-02-2008, 06:54 PM
This just doesn't sound like black metal.

Maybe Heavy/Thrash or NWOBHMstyled but not BM.

Good song, though, the use of two drum kits was different.

bloodshed344
09-03-2008, 01:26 AM
I really like the riffs and the bass is great but you need to look at some other peoples tabs and learn how to the drums. Black metal is pretty dependent on doing fast blast beats.

BKGMorley
09-05-2008, 09:50 AM
just speed it up abit and put afew darker intervals in there. i can see what ur going for but you need to darken that sh*t up. also blast beats

Kiwara
09-09-2008, 05:11 PM
I worked on it a little, well lets call it more doom... I know its not black, I just thought it would evolve in a different way. Here is what I've got, if you have time please have a look :) Drums still shit... Didn't have time to work on those.

BKGMorley
09-10-2008, 02:27 PM
Hi,

Ive re,done your song with more of a black metal touch to it. which was hard because although it wasnt a pop rock song its not ecaxtly normal black metal. some of the transitions are really messed up. anyway. hope you like it

bloodshed344
09-10-2008, 03:24 PM
Hi,

Ive re,done your song with more of a black metal touch to it. which was hard because although it wasnt a pop rock song its not ecaxtly normal black metal. some of the transitions are really messed up. anyway. hope you like it
Good try but what you made is a COMPLETELY different song.

BKGMorley
09-11-2008, 11:44 AM
Good try but what you made is a COMPLETELY different song.

i know but it was really hard. i tried to take the chords and make them minor but it just disdnt work. ive looked and this song from many angles. its just not black metal. with the exception of the last couple of riffs being nearly there

Kiwara
09-11-2008, 02:52 PM
i know but it was really hard. i tried to take the chords and make them minor but it just disdnt work. ive looked and this song from many angles. its just not black metal. with the exception of the last couple of riffs being nearly there

I should rename the thread, I know it has nothing to do with black, i should have written doom ore something... :) But nevermind, thanx anyway :) Your version was a mindblower, but the more I work on it, the more I wan't to make it rather slower, and more doomy, atmospheric.

(I don't know why, but parts of what you have written reminded me of Sons Of The Northern Darkness from Immortal :))

Kiwara
09-11-2008, 02:55 PM
Btw.: For the greater glory of satan (and everyones peace), I've changed the name of this thread ;-)

ch715dallat
09-11-2008, 03:12 PM
i should have written doom ore something...

ummm..... :p: no you really shouldnt lol its not even remotely doom

BKGMorley
09-11-2008, 03:24 PM
I should rename the thread, I know it has nothing to do with black, i should have written doom ore something... :) But nevermind, thanx anyway :) Your version was a mindblower, but the more I work on it, the more I wan't to make it rather slower, and more doomy, atmospheric.

(I don't know why, but parts of what you have written reminded me of Sons Of The Northern Darkness from Immortal :))

Ha sweet. no worrys man. yeah that a really good idea. it would work so much better as a doom song. slow it right down and make the chords minor or major. power chords all the time is so monotonus. can u please pm me when u slow it dont. i'll tell you what i think. so keen to hear it.

BKGMorley
09-11-2008, 03:26 PM
ummm..... :p: no you really shouldnt lol its not even remotely doom

It will, just give him time son

Kiwara
09-11-2008, 03:35 PM
I'll see what happens, maybe I could even record it some way. I have a habbit of not finishing stuff :-P :)