C4C Nonfluence (GP5,GP4,MIDI) Progcore C4C

PDA

View Full Version : C4C Nonfluence (GP5,GP4,MIDI) Progcore C4C

bloodshed344
09-03-2008, 12:56 AM
It needs a bit of work, but it has some of my best ideas in it. I consider it done lengthwise but I don't think the transitions and stuff are quite done. If you would so kindly crit this and help me out I would gladly crit one of your songs in return.

Also, +1 if you can guess which one of my songs it leads into, not that hard to figure out.

EDIT: NEW VERSION UP 11/2/08

AA00P
09-03-2008, 01:04 AM
I don't care how good your music could ever be, if it's labeled as 'progcore', it's instantly horrible.

As for the actual song, it sounds kinda jingly. Like elevator music, or something?

bloodshed344
09-03-2008, 01:28 AM
I saw someone else use the term, and you apparently didn't get very far into it...
This would kill your average businessman.

AA00P
09-03-2008, 02:15 AM
Meh. Further into it, I heard teh br00talz.

Good song. But I absolutely hate those -core terms.

bakshandloomis
09-03-2008, 06:45 PM
I don't care how good your music could ever be, if it's labeled as 'progcore', it's instantly horrible.

And to no one's surprise, you're an 08er.

As for the song, starts out with a nice chord progression and nice bass solo/lead. Just so far, this is quite a bit different than your other stuff, but still good. The time signature changes are amazing, very nice work. That part starting at bar 77 would sound better with power chord I think; there's a place for 4ths, but it's not here. The breakdownish riff at 93 is fantastic. At 125 it's a bit boring without the lead, I'm assuming you will add vocals? If so, that should fix that problem. The part at 157=pure win. The solo following was kind of a let down; it was fine as is, but nothing special, which is something I'm sure you could pull off. I think you should have ended the song at 240.
Definitely a good song, right now I'd give it an 8/10.

C4C?
http://ultimate-guitar.com/forum/showthread.php?t=949908

PinkIsCool
09-03-2008, 06:54 PM

As for the actual song, it sounds kinda jingly. Like elevator music, or something?
Shut up.

As for the song, I really liked it. The metal was more appealing to me than the intro segment, but it was all VERY well done. There were some spots though where you layered the snare, which I didn't understand cause that just makes it too loud.

bloodshed344
09-03-2008, 09:09 PM
I forgot to mention that the solo was kinda just a placeholder. Also, pinkiscool, maybe you mean the flams? Did you listen to the MIDI because they make the flams sound weird.

Also, thanks for the 5ths suggestion, it does sound a bit better with 5ths.

OH WAIT, the "solo" you are referring to is actually just a lead bit, and I like it.

AA00P
09-03-2008, 10:02 PM
Perhaps my phrasing was off-
I BASHED THE TERM 'progcore'! NOT THE SONG, DAMMIT!

bloodshed344
09-03-2008, 10:29 PM
Ok, but could you have bumped my topic when it was a little lower on the list, it's not useful when it's already at the top.

ch715dallat
09-04-2008, 10:42 AM
Perhaps my phrasing was off-
I BASHED THE TERM 'progcore'! NOT THE SONG, DAMMIT!

thats what we're talking about you retard, you cant just bash a genre because it has core in it, therefore youre a tool. its progressive metal with core elements i.e progcore so shut up and stop bashing core genres to sound cool and be accepted :rolleyes:

AA00P
09-04-2008, 07:30 PM
thats what we're talking about you retard, you cant just bash a genre because it has core in it, therefore youre a tool. its progressive metal with core elements i.e progcore so shut up and stop bashing core genres to sound cool and be accepted :rolleyes:
Some of my favorite bands have -cores... :(

It's not the genre itself, it's the overused -core term. I see the [insert name of subgenre]-core used so much.

Mathcore, artcore, progcore, beatcore, deathcore...

****it. Whatever. I surrender, you're right and I'm wrong. I apologize.

bloodshed344
09-04-2008, 09:05 PM
They're all genres and they all are different. You wouldn't complain to a wine taster about being so strict on the grouping would you? Or how dumb the terms he used were as long as he was correct?

Anyway, I recognize your admittance of being wrong by the way. If you or any of the other people that started arguments in my topic want to continue, go ahead. Your just bumping my song up.

NinjaCrowLives
09-04-2008, 11:13 PM
Generally a good song, however the drums in the intro pissed me off for some reason, when it goes mental and then into like a funky kinda thing was pretty good, good transisitons and such

but the one thing that lets me down is the intro drums, something doesnt sit right with me there, might be because its midi, 8.5/10

bloodshed344
09-04-2008, 11:35 PM
Use RSE?

They sound bad in MIDI, and there's no way I can get them to sound right over GP anyway, in this type of music dynamics and groove are everything, and it just sounds odd without it.

HeavyMetaldude
09-05-2008, 08:18 AM
117-124 was sexcellent. The whole beginning section was great. I like the polyphonic jazz guitar battle. The basslines were superb.

Crit mine? http://www.ultimate-guitar.com/forum/showthread.php?t=951539

bloodshed344
09-05-2008, 02:20 PM
117-124 was sexcellent. The whole beginning section was great. I like the polyphonic jazz guitar battle. The basslines were superb.

Crit mine? http://www.ultimate-guitar.com/forum/showthread.php?t=951539
I like the fact that you used intelligent sentences, but this doesn't even qualify as a crit. Could you maybe, I dunno, get a bit more indepth?

madhampster
09-05-2008, 03:59 PM
Clean intro is great. The synth is pretty cool. And the bass blends well. woah was that a guero (sp?). Awesome. Measures 32-47 Were great with that guitar riff. Love the solo. The bass is still awesome. 94-107 made me head bang lol. damnit 117-134 made me head bang again. I love the lead during that part. And the heavy bass duh duh. I didn't however really like measures 139-150. Seemed kind of out of place. The Rock organ was pretty cool. The Return to the jazzy stuff was too awesome.

Overall a very good song. I really liked this.
overall: 8.5/10

Crit for crit? http://www.ultimate-guitar.com/forum/showthread.php?t=951138

Slaytanic1993
09-11-2008, 08:35 PM
I didn't really liked the intro progression, too...I dunno the word, maybe weak? It got a bit better when the bass kicked in though. Bar 32 onwards was fairly cool. Really did not like the bit at 48 onwards.

The distortion bits were farily cool as well, but nothing that really dragged my interest, to be honest. Bar 157 sounded like the progression of the Peanuts cartoon, but raped up a tad.

The re-emergence of the intro didn't bode, to me.

You shouldn't have doubled the song over, made it a bit boring actually. 7/10.

huevos
10-11-2008, 01:54 AM
The beginning is very King Crimson.
I was like, "yao!"
(Idk what I mean by that).
It works. Very lounge-y.

That "raping of the Peanuts progression" was quite honestly one of the highlights to the song.

I do agree with Opeth avatar guy (Slayertanic1993) that the re-emergance doesn't work too well.

bloodshed344
10-11-2008, 02:13 AM
Well it was the best way I could think of to go into Garret, because these two songs are connected. I personally think Garret is the better of the two, only slightly though.

bloodshed344
11-02-2008, 03:11 AM
NEW VERSION UP

Just a few changes, namely shortened and changed up the reemergence.

Changed one part from 4ths to 5ths, did a few other small things but it really makes it a better song.

ealtdharkon
11-06-2008, 09:22 PM
Dude what the hell? Smooth 5/4s, but other than that... I mean, what the hell? This is... different to the rest of the ...series, as it is.

Wierd intro.

bloodshed344
11-06-2008, 09:30 PM
Well That Surely Says Alot