how to make backing tracks ?(for free)

PDA

View Full Version : how to make backing tracks ?(for free)

WARLOCK123
09-03-2008, 03:14 PM
i ve tryed downloading some backing tracks but for the songs i cant find is there a way of making the backing track for free.

i dont know if this is illegal or not

and if you know some free software can you post a download link

tdrules
09-03-2008, 03:18 PM
midi creator

moody07747
09-03-2008, 03:19 PM
Making backing tracks is legal...I think...(I dont see why it would be against any law....)

Anyways you can either download the tracks or make them on your own. To make them you have to get all of your instruments into the studio, learn and listen to the song, then track each instrument keeping as close as you can to the original instruments in the song.

I do backing tracks for members here if I can play the song. What track are you looking to get done?
I can easily do keys, drums, and some bass. I am not outstanding on guitar so most of the time you can find someone else to track that part for you but when finished I can give you an MP3 of each instrument, and a full mix with count in.

Jet_Black88
09-03-2008, 03:22 PM
A good idea I had a while ago when it comes to backing tracks - guitar hero tracks would work well as backing tracks. I mean, if you play the game, you know that when you stop playing guitar, the rest of the track keeps going.

So an easy way to get some good backing tracks is to open up a song in practice mode, and then put down the fake guitar and pick up the real guitar.

This would work for rock band, as well...and the convenient part about this is in these games, you can speed up and slow down the tempo, as well. :O

WARLOCK123
09-03-2008, 03:24 PM
Making backing tracks is legal...I think...(I dont see why it would be against any law....)

Anyways you can either download the tracks or make them on your own. To make them you have to get all of your instruments into the studio, learn and listen to the song, then track each instrument keeping as close as you can to the original instruments in the song.

I do backing tracks for members here but I can play the song. What track are you looking to get done?
I can easily do keys, drums, and some bass. I am not outstanding on guitar so most of the time you can find someone else to track that part for you but when finished I can give you an MP3 of each instrument, and a full mix with count in.

thanks for the offer :)

but i would rather download software to do it.

fantasyh
09-03-2008, 03:31 PM
If you're looking for backing track for other people's songs, just try googling them. If you want to make your own, you either have to use a midi editor (if nothing else you can build a backing track in GuitarPro) or record it yourself (Audacity is a good free recording program)

Portuguese_boy
09-03-2008, 03:42 PM
Here you go: http://guitarchaos.com/showthread.php?t=250

Just Midis won't do, they sound like shit, you have to learn how to add sound fonts to them.

Now for the legal part, it depends, just recently Steve Vai's lawyer demanded all sites that provide his backing tracks to remove them, because he is releasing an official bt cd.

So most of the time it is legal.

w0nk001
09-04-2008, 05:23 AM

I do backing tracks for members here but I can play the song. What track are you looking to get done?

Hey bud, you think you could get me a backing track of Symphony of Destruction? Bass/Drums only? =D

moody07747
09-04-2008, 05:28 AM
Hey bud, you think you could get me a backing track of Symphony of Destruction? Bass/Drums only? =D

I'll give it my best shot, I have some time this weekend so I'll start working on it then.

w0nk001
09-04-2008, 12:57 PM
Sweet, thanks alot bro

lugzz
09-04-2008, 10:52 PM
here ya go dude...let me know what u think....unfortunately i had to mix on headphones....enjoy :)
soundclick.com/lugzz

Jared R. Boyd
09-05-2008, 10:31 AM
http://www.freejamtracks.com/

Try it out. Its got a bunch of stuff in different keys and what not. Not sure if this is exactly what you are looking for but ehh....

-Ryan