The Fest 7

PDA

View Full Version : The Fest 7

Absent Cries
09-05-2008, 03:42 PM
Has anyone heard of/going to this? I'm from Jersey, but I think myself and some friends will be taking a trip. Tickets arn't too expensive, considering its 3 days.

http://www.thefestfl.com

The lineup is pretty sweet. Discuss
(is HTML turned off?)

sargasm
09-05-2008, 04:00 PM
Of course I've heard of The Fest.

Just browsing over the lineup, the bands that catch my attention are:

ANS
Cheeky
Ghost Mice
Japanther
Municipal Waste
Saw Wheel
The Ergs
Star Fucking Hipsters
This Bike is a Pipe Bomb

I would love to go but it's very far away. Hopefully I'll make it one year though.

RockThe40oz
09-05-2008, 04:01 PM
My friends in the Two Funerals are playing the fest this year! Go see them!

http://thefestfl.com/fest7/bands/A/the-two-funerals/

gopherthegreat
09-05-2008, 04:09 PM
I'd like to go, but I'm in NH

Manos15
09-05-2008, 04:09 PM
Algernon Cadwallader
Ampere
BTMI!
Bouncing Souls
Foundation
Hour of the Wolf
Municipial Waste
Paint it Black
Polar Bear Club
Ruiner
Shook Ones
The Ergs!
Awesome lineup.

whyvern
09-05-2008, 04:26 PM
I was gonna go with ADD/C and QUEER WULF but then I moved to Rome. LAME!!! Yeah that's right... QUEER WULF is playing... I don't think it's been announced yet, but they are.

lolmnt
09-05-2008, 04:56 PM
I'm still thinking about going.

RockThe40oz
09-05-2008, 06:23 PM
TTF, guys... TTF

RizzoWashburn
09-05-2008, 06:28 PM
I was gonna go with ADD/C and QUEER WULF but then I moved to Rome. LAME!!! Yeah that's right... QUEER WULF is playing... I don't think it's been announced yet, but they are.
I somehow have Wallace by ADD/C on my computer. I don't know how I got it but it's good.

Zero Substance
09-05-2008, 06:38 PM
i notice that asshole parade is on the bill. that is quite a varied set.

StreetLight3989
09-06-2008, 12:46 AM
Has anyone heard of/going to this? I'm from Jersey, but I think myself and some friends will be taking a trip. Tickets arn't too expensive, considering its 3 days.

http://www.thefestfl.com

The lineup is pretty sweet. Discuss
(is HTML turned off?)
I'm from Jersey too, where in Jersey are you from? I'd like to go down there but I'm too young to get into most of the shows and I have school.

hardrock1315
09-06-2008, 01:03 PM
I'm still thinking about going.
Dude, you live in Florida, you HAVE to go.

Every year, I look at the list of bands for the Fest, think how awesome it is, and then get sad because I know I won't be able to go. :(

But seriously, the Fest always has the best lineup.

Absent Cries
09-06-2008, 02:45 PM
I'm from Jersey too, where in Jersey are you from? I'd like to go down there but I'm too young to get into most of the shows and I have school.

Im up in Sussex County. What about yourself?

StreetLight3989
09-06-2008, 03:38 PM
Im up in Sussex County. What about yourself?
Somerset County, so not too far away, you're further north though. People, if you have a chance get over to Fest, it's one of The Ergs last shows ever!

whyvern
09-06-2008, 09:37 PM
^ why is that? Are they breaking up? I don't think they ever toured Europe... they can't break up, they're too good.

StreetLight3989
09-06-2008, 09:42 PM
^ why is that? Are they breaking up? I don't think they ever toured Europe... they can't break up, they're too good.
Yeah, they're breaking up, I think because Jeff quit, they posted a blog on Myspace today and it's on punknews. Their last show is mid November in NJ and they're coming out with one more EP. Needless to say, I was shocked and saddened when I saw the news :(.

lolmnt
09-07-2008, 02:18 AM
^ why is that? Are they breaking up? I don't think they ever toured Europe... they can't break up, they're too good.Yeah, today is a sad day.

DyNoMiTe...!
09-08-2008, 11:32 AM
I'm definitely going! i just gotta buy a passport now...

I_Pwn
09-08-2008, 03:25 PM
This will be one of the last chances to see The Ergs! and the Chinese Telephones. Pop-punk just had the worst 48 hours ever.

Ska Wars
09-08-2008, 03:28 PM
Oh God, what happened to the Chinese Telephones?

I_Pwn
09-08-2008, 03:29 PM
The drummer is leaving. Total bummer.

Ska Wars
09-08-2008, 03:30 PM
Fuck. :(

StreetLight3989
09-08-2008, 03:57 PM
Horrible weekend/week for pop punk, I think us in the p0nx forum need to help get it back on it's feet.

RizzoWashburn
09-08-2008, 04:16 PM
I got bored with pop punk a while ago. There's very little room for progression in the genre. I'm ok with if it's dieing. :)

StreetLight3989
09-08-2008, 05:29 PM
I got bored with pop punk a while ago. There's very little room for progression in the genre. I'm ok with if it's dieing. :)
I don't think I can ever get tired of pop punk, it's too much fun.

mbbmalcolm
09-08-2008, 06:15 PM
I'm just starting to get into pop punk. I could see myself getting tired with it before too long, though.

whyvern
09-08-2008, 06:36 PM
This will be one of the last chances to see The Ergs! and the Chinese Telephones. Pop-punk just had the worst 48 hours ever.

hahaha, the bassist in one of the bands I'm in, in Alabama was in THE CHINESE TELEPHONES. Are they breaking up? If so, Gorky is a pussy. Whatever. I've seen them a million times. I wish I coulda seen WITCHES WITH DICKS more than THE CHINESE TELEPHONES... not saying they're not awesome but they're not as amazing as like THE ERGS. It sucks that Andy Junk will only be in HOLY SHIT now though. Hopefully I'll drive those ****ers through Europe.

RizzoWashburn
09-08-2008, 06:41 PM
I don't think I can ever get tired of pop punk, it's too much fun.
It may be "fun" but that doesn't take away from the fact that all the songs and bands sound the same.

I_Pwn
09-08-2008, 09:13 PM
hahaha, the bassist in one of the bands I'm in, in Alabama was in THE CHINESE TELEPHONES. Are they breaking up? If so, Gorky is a pussy. Whatever. I've seen them a million times. I wish I coulda seen WITCHES WITH DICKS more than THE CHINESE TELEPHONES... not saying they're not awesome but they're not as amazing as like THE ERGS. It sucks that Andy Junk will only be in HOLY SHIT now though. Hopefully I'll drive those ****ers through Europe.

Do you have any WWD stuff? They're from around here and they're supposed to be really really good.

RizzoWashburn
09-08-2008, 09:19 PM
^They are good.

neidnarb11890
09-08-2008, 09:20 PM
Progression?
What the hell is this bullshit Rizzo? First you don't like the Minutemen, and now you don't like pop-punk?! Some forum hero you are. :mad:

Anyway, I am quite saddened to hear that The Ergs! are breaking up. I had been rocking Dork Rock Cork Rod all week, and this news was quite a downer.

I'm plotting a way to somehow make it down to New Jersey for their last show... We'll see how that goes. >_>

StreetLight3989
09-08-2008, 09:53 PM
Progression?
What the hell is this bullshit Rizzo? First you don't like the Minutemen, and now you don't like pop-punk?! Some forum hero you are. :mad:

Anyway, I am quite saddened to hear that The Ergs! are breaking up. I had been rocking Dork Rock Cork Rod all week, and this news was quite a downer.

I'm plotting a way to somehow make it down to New Jersey for their last show... We'll see how that goes. >_>
That would be fun, try to get down here!

misfitsdisciple
09-09-2008, 01:11 AM
HELLL ****ING YES I'M GOING TO THE FEEEEEEST. three words. A, Wilhelm, Scream.

whyvern
09-09-2008, 07:42 AM
Do you have any WWD stuff? They're from around here and they're supposed to be really really good.

yeah, I've got a bunch of their stuff... I'll start a thread for them later.

hard_rock101
09-09-2008, 10:12 AM
i would go, but thats a long ass drive from southwest missouri, maybe when im rich as **** and can afford the gas

sargasm
09-09-2008, 02:50 PM
I'm actually going to be in Ottawa around halloween. That's a bit closer to Florida than here...

Hopefully there's a show at Dishouse while I'm in Ottawa. I want to check out that place again, and also Zaphod Beeblebrox now that I'm 19.

(is HTML turned off?)

Since this board is powered by vbulliten, it uses bb code.

http://www.vbulletin.com/forum/misc.php?do=bbcode