Multiple emails about topic notification

PDA

View Full Version : Multiple emails about topic notification

kenan6346
09-06-2008, 09:12 AM
I'm not sure if this is in the right forum, it might fit in bug reports but I don't know if it's just me or if everyone gets it.

In my control panel, I have for "Default thread subscription mode" selected "Instant email notification". In the email(s) that I receive about a new post in a topic that I've subscribed to, it says: There may be other replies also, but you will not receive any more notifications until you visit the forum again.

I frequently get multiple emails regarding a new post in the same thread even if I haven't revisited the thread since I have gotten the email - sometimes, I might get 3 or 4 of these emails at the same time saying that there is a new post in the thread. How can I fix this? It's pretty annoying, and it's really filling up my inbox.

I have selected "Remember me on this computer" for logging in, and it appears that I am always logged into the forum (i.e. when I'm using this computer, I don't need to log in when I visit the forum because I'm already logged in, and I don't log out when I leave).

Thanks.

Its_Rock77
09-06-2008, 09:25 AM
I'd say your best bet is to just not subscribe to threads.
what's the point anyways when you could just come and do a quick search to see if anyone replied?

smb
09-06-2008, 09:27 AM
Subscribe without notifications?

kenan6346
09-06-2008, 09:29 AM
I'd say your best bet is to just not subscribe to threads.
what's the point anyways when you could just come and do a quick search to see if anyone replied?

I guess because I'd forget with a lot of threads, sometimes I don't go on my computer for a while and I just forget which threads I've subscribed to. I like the fact that I can open my email client and see which threads have been replied to, it's just that I get like 5 for each and I want to fix that.

Subscribe without notifications?

I could do that if I can't figure out this problem, at least I can keep a track of what threads I have posted in.

smb
09-06-2008, 09:31 AM
Sounds like if you want emails you'd be better off with daily or weekly then.

kenan6346
09-06-2008, 09:33 AM
Sounds like if you want emails you'd be better off with daily or weekly then.

I tried daily and it just didn't work at all.

FrenchyFungus
09-06-2008, 11:14 AM
Get gmail.

kenan6346
09-06-2008, 10:31 PM
Get gmail.

Would that actually help?

divid3d
09-07-2008, 10:06 AM
all of the emails would be kept tidy in one 'conversation' so they don't take up half your inbox, and opening that conversation allows you to see all of the recent emails regarding your subscriptions at once.

FrenchyFungus
09-07-2008, 01:20 PM
Getting gmail always helps.

FrenchyFungus
09-25-2008, 08:22 AM
Logging out solves this.