Not a new Member, but this is where I think it goes...

PDA

View Full Version : Not a new Member, but this is where I think it goes...

bartdevil_metal
09-06-2008, 05:04 PM
Hello Mods and Admins of UG,

I just got an E-mail that my account is clear and that my time of warning has expired. Yay! What I'm more worried about is that I DIDN'T get an e-mail saying I was warned in the first place. Is there any chance one of you could have a dip into the records and find out what I was warned for please?

Thanks very much.

merfsullivan
09-06-2008, 05:08 PM
This isn't the correct place for this, I don't believe. But what you're talking about is a very common problem. I never got warnings emailed to me or a ban notice emailed to me when I was. Though I do get birthday mails, which is odd... But they'll say it has something to do with your spam filters or something, which it won't be.

Edit: Also half the people, if not more, in the FOTB complain about not getting the messages about warnings and think that's grounds for getting a banning over turned... Which it's not, so don't try it...

divid3d
09-06-2008, 05:23 PM
#3. Warned by Resiliance (08/07/2008)
Posting in gear pic thread without a pic.

Its_Rock77
09-07-2008, 01:10 AM
Edit: Also half the people, if not more, in the FOTB complain about not getting the messages about warnings and think that's grounds for getting a banning over turned... Which it's not, so don't try it...

I'd have to disagree with this. well, let me rephrase this, you're exactly right but this kind of treatment doesn't seem very moral to me.
for example, I've been warned a couple times. however, when I have an active warning, I'm a lot more careful about what I post and especially what threads I post in.
wouldn't you say that someone who doesn't receive notification is at a huge disadvantage?

I'm not in any way challenging this or the mods or anything, especially since none of this really affects me and my angelic nature., ;) but I feel for those who may have not been warned. :shrug:

but then again, too bad for them. they shouldn't go and get themselves warned in the first place. :p:

AeroRocker
09-07-2008, 01:30 AM
While on topic, and while david3d is still online:
tonight i stupidly posted in a spam thread, so i received a warning from "theguitarist".
immediately after, i received another warning for the same thing. Therefore, it said i have two active warnings and my account will be banned. Now i obviously am not banned, but could you please check to see that my records are in order? Thank You.

aig91
09-07-2008, 02:17 AM
While on topic, and while david3d is still online:
tonight i stupidly posted in a spam thread, so i received a warning from "theguitarist".
immediately after, i received another warning for the same thing. Therefore, it said i have two active warnings and my account will be banned. Now i obviously am not banned, but could you please check to see that my records are in order? Thank You.

#1. Warned by Resiliance (05/09/2008)

#2. Warned by theguitarist (09/07/2008)
Replying to spam: http://www.ultimate-guitar.com/forum/showthread.php?t=952859

It says there is only one active warning. Perhaps someone made a mistake by warning you for the same thing twice and then deleted the other active warning.

AeroRocker
09-07-2008, 02:20 AM
Ok thanks aig.
And congrats on the new authority.
:cheers:

bartdevil_metal
09-07-2008, 06:48 PM
#3. Warned by Resiliance (08/07/2008)

Thanks very much. Won't happen again. :cheers: