Technical/Metalcore. GP5/4/MIDI

PDA

View Full Version : Technical/Metalcore. GP5/4/MIDI

kylendm
09-08-2008, 08:28 PM
Well here's my latest addition before i continue id like to credit bakshandloomis for the progression in breakdown 1. Well here goes I've spent a little bit on this. The Intro isn't really catching but it gets the job done. listen to some riffs you might find some things you like. Hope some of you like it. :cheers:

:influences: August Burns Red, It Dies Today, And a little bit of Btbam but you wont hear much of that or at all.

Its_Rock77
09-08-2008, 08:43 PM
overall, that was pretty enjoyable. you had some pretty good riffs in there. some might say they were generic, but I'm not really sure. they sounded refreshing to me at least. :shrug:
leads were for the most part pretty interesting. they went over the heavy rhythms really well. to answer the "yes or no?" I personally would say no. there just wasn't all that much excitement in the lead you had written. you should change it up. it seemed like it should be faster or more upbeat at least.

one of my huge pet peeves is when different time sigs are used while a song is obviously following regular beat patterns. I don't remember where, but there was a place you were using 6/4 and 2/4 and something else which was all 4/4 in the end. :shrug:

drums sounded pretty good.
was there bass? If there was, it wasn't really noticeable. :p: not that that's a problem. bass has its place in every song, sometimes really awesome, sometimes just keeps the low end full. so it's fine.

but overall, cool song. crit mine? it's in my sig. :D

Jamoose
09-08-2008, 08:56 PM
Some awesome metalcore riffage in this one. I adored your breakdowns, cos I love the ABR style. The lead parts are also very well done.

All I can say is that the intro is a tad too long, you could atleast add a harmony to spice it up a bit. Also on the "C" section, the slow one I think, you might want to vary the first 8 bars of it. All I can see is just an extra bass and guitar coming in after four bars. Perhaps you could cut that and go straight into that cool lead part four bars later, or add something else over the normal guitar to make it more interesting because that went on a bit too long as well (probably because of the slowed tempo).

Overall, I am very much impressed, all your "sections" A - E, seem to work well and the transitions aren't too bad either.

Crit mine? By coincidence, mine is ABR influenced in places as well. :)

My metalcore song (http://www.ultimate-guitar.com/forum/showthread.php?t=954180)

kylendm
09-10-2008, 07:37 PM
Thanks again for the crits. The part at the end i think i might just cut it all out and not use any of it. Or possibly add another part all together. If anyone can come up with a lead at the end. that would be nice =)

FlyingPooooo
09-10-2008, 10:17 PM
I've always liked your stuff bro. Just this ones main riffs didn't entice me as usual. The leads and the breakdowns are gooood stuff. Just the actually meat of the song is a little...dry? Maybe thats not the word.

Anyways, as mentioned funny unneeded time signatures and generic main riffs. I need to learn from your transitions. As you'll see in my newest GP my transitions are terrible.

Crit it?
http://ultimate-guitar.com/forum/showthread.php?p=16202358#post16202358

kylendm
09-10-2008, 11:17 PM
Yeah i'll yours crit it tomorrow. But yeah i know what you mean. I think that my goal in this song was more just to make some decent riffs and work on transitions thanks for the crit though.

ch715dallat
09-11-2008, 01:22 PM
i dont know why you always insist on adding technical to your thread titles because they never are. but it was a good song overall despite the number of different riffs. there just seemed to be too many riffs but they didnt sound different enough to pull it off. enjoyed the majority of them, especially the btbamish riff at C but the song as a whole wasnt memorable enough.

kylendm
09-11-2008, 03:58 PM
Well i think your thinking of someone else cause this is the first time I've ever put technical in the thread title and though they aren't super technical or hard at that, there still more technical then average generic riffs.

llanafreak44
09-11-2008, 04:43 PM
I wouldn't say technical, but it was ok.

ch715dallat
09-11-2008, 10:15 PM
Well i think your thinking of someone else cause this is the first time I've ever put technical in the thread title and though they aren't super technical or hard at that, there still more technical then average generic riffs.

oh shi- yeah i mixed you with someone else lol sorry dude

kylendm
09-12-2008, 10:49 AM
Haha don't worry about it man its cool :cheers:

FlyingPooooo
09-12-2008, 05:34 PM
Man, if only our bands were closer together.
I'd love to do some shows.

kylendm
09-12-2008, 08:15 PM
Yeah man that'd be sick. This is my current band right now. myspace.com/theopeningnj . I just finished the layout the other day. The song on there is pretty old so don't judge it so much haha.

Macabre_Turtle
09-12-2008, 08:55 PM
I think the first riff is pretty boring and redundant. But you said that yourself. The breakdowns were pretty cool. I like that you do more than just open notes to kinda separate it from the usual (I do this too.) I really don't like the lead that starts at 42. The ending breakdown is really cool. I like the awkward time changes in it. And, yes to the lead part.

c4c?
http://www.ultimate-guitar.com/forum/showthread.php?p=16250873