Killkelley-Metalcore-ish [GP5-GP4-MIDI]

PDA

View Full Version : Killkelley-Metalcore-ish [GP5-GP4-MIDI]

FlyingPooooo
09-09-2008, 12:28 PM
This is the last song for my bands EP. We have five others all of which I have the Guitar Pro of. As I always, I don't pay attention to tiny details because I do this for organizational and pre-production reasons. This is just a way for us to send off to the Studio and to each other as we right stuff.

I hope you guys like this one. This is one of my favorites. I need a sort of transition for measure 103 to 104. And one for 37 into 43. <--I cant stand 39 through 42. Hahaha. I just don't know what to do with it.

C4C.

classical_gas
09-10-2008, 06:54 AM
Beginning is kind of boring, but I guess it's great for headbanging. 39-42 ain't too bad, but yeah I guess it doesn't fit the song too well. I like the change in pace from 94 onwards (heavy riffing) and the outro melody is sweet. Overall pretty good, 7.5/10, maybe add a bass track next time?

crit mine if you want http://www.ultimate-guitar.com/forum/showthread.php?t=952438

FlyingPooooo
09-10-2008, 07:01 AM
Nah, its for dancing...a suspense builder. Eh like I said, I only really do these to structure songs. So in all honesty I don't have the need to add one. Haha. Thanks man, yeah I'll crit tonight when I get home.

kylendm
09-12-2008, 08:14 PM
Sorry for the delayed crit xD. But alright crit as i listen

intro was alright i liked it added some suspense.

the chugs next weren't as pleasing as i hoped.

Riff at 24 was cool but the end where 18th fret slides, well you might just wanna let that just be an 18 not so much sliding.

I'm liking the next slower heavy riffs.

hmm maybe a little better transition into the next part.

The next riffs were alright.

I liked when the riffs got slower and the synth came in. I thought i sounded nice same with the slower part afterward.

The Breakdown afterwards was alright but it needs something. I don't know it missing something but its still an alright breakdown.

The rest of the song starts to feel a bit deathcoreish especially since the chugs and all but its still a cool song i like most of it, its just im picky with what i like. Still though good song =).

Friendly Stoat
09-13-2008, 04:56 PM
I like what you've done here, the intro is a good suspense builder, I just think it needs something else... Nothing huge, just something other than the open C chugs :) It had some really cool riffs later on in the song, particularly from bar 48. Nice use of strings as well. The slower riffs sound pretty powerful. My only real complaint is the chugs with nothing else going on tbh :p: the breakdown from bar 78 is really good. Some parts sound deathcoreish as the other guy said, but I think it adds a bit of heaviness to it, sounds really cool. Good work, 8/10.

C4C? Either song in my sig would be good :)