Any way to go to last post?

PDA

View Full Version : Any way to go to last post?

Gaz_m2k5
09-11-2008, 10:34 AM
I've been ug-ing for a long time and have always needed a button to go to MY last post in a thread.
Is there any way to get to it without having to search every page individually.

It can be annoying when I go to the gaming thread, post and then forget about it. Then about a few hours later remembering, going back to find an answer to my question but there being about 30 more pages and no way of knowing where my last post was.

divid3d
09-11-2008, 10:40 AM
when there are new posts in a thread since your last visit, as well as the thread title becoming bold, a little picture of an arrow appears to the left hand side of the thread title on the forum page. click that and it should take you to the first post in that thread which you have not yet read.

this is what i mean if the explanation isn't clear enough:

http://i43.photobucket.com/albums/e357/divid3d/lastreadpost.jpg

aaciseric
09-11-2008, 10:40 AM
Ctrl + F on every page? Nvm /\

smb
09-11-2008, 10:41 AM
Alternatively, you could do a search for your own posts, and click the post title to go to that post.

Lastin
09-11-2008, 10:42 AM
At the top right of the page, click the orange 'My Profile' button.

Then on this page, scroll down, and in the middle of the page, click on your number that is by 'Forum Posts Total', should look something like "1242 (1.2 posts per day)"

Then you will be on a page with all your posts. Instead of clicking on the link to the actual forum topic, click on your post, should be able to as the title of your post is now gonna be highlighted as a link.

Hope this helps.

Gaz_m2k5
09-11-2008, 12:00 PM
Ah thanks.

when there are new posts in a thread since your last visit, as well as the thread title becoming bold, a little picture of an arrow appears to the left hand side of the thread title on the forum page. click that and it should take you to the first post in that thread which you have not yet read.

this is what i mean if the explanation isn't clear enough:

http://i43.photobucket.com/albums/e357/divid3d/lastreadpost.jpg

Yeah I try to do that but sometimes I click the thread first, then think "oh yeah I posted in this thread." So then I press back, and click the said arrow, but it just takes me to the last page as I accidentally clicked it. 'tis annoying.

divid3d
09-11-2008, 01:59 PM
unlucky :p: