T&C Post-Hardcore Competition

PDA

View Full Version : T&C Post-Hardcore Competition

Regression
09-13-2008, 02:45 AM
SUBMISSIONS ARE CLOSED! :)

First off, this thread is ONLY for submissions.

If you would like to sign up as a judge or participant, complain about how we chose a **** genre, have any questions regarding the competition, etc. then go to the competition signup thread (http://ultimate-guitar.com/forum/showthread.php?p=16284171#post16284171). :)

For those of you who refuse to read titles, the theme of this competition is Post-Hardcore. If you aren't familiar with the genre then you can have a look at the wikipedia article (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Post-hardcore), which I ever so kindly found for you. And don't worry, we won't eat you if your submission is not exactly post-hardcore, but it must be similar.

Rules:
~ The piece must be new, you can not use pieces you've written in the past.
~ You must include a midi file with your submission. Guitar Pro files aren't compulsory as not everyone has Guitar Pro, but they are appreciated.

Judges:
Its_Rock77
Cameronrobson
Friendly Stoat
bloodshed344
metalminded07
If you would like to judge, it would be really appreciated.

Participants:
Regression
Its_Rock77
Of_Wolves
Broadsword
Friendly Stoat
JesseBlanchard
chromaticvision
ctb
ninja.kitty
Thomasoman
Slaytanic1993
craxymaxy

Submissions Deadline: October 13!

Friendly Stoat
09-13-2008, 12:51 PM
Can I submit mine? It's in my sig :)

Broadsword
09-13-2008, 12:54 PM
Count me in, I need to get out of my metal shell.

And Friendly Stoat, the way the competitions have been working is that you have to create a new song for just the competition.

:cheers:

Friendly Stoat
09-13-2008, 12:59 PM
Oh OK, my bad, thanks!
I'll get to work :p:

EDIT - to below post: Sorry, I just didn't understand entirely what you meant, I'm just being a bit of a n00b :p: I'll edit this post with mine when it's done, thanks for adding me.

EDIT 2 - Here's my entry. :)

JesseBlanchard
09-14-2008, 02:50 AM
im innn.

ill edit this post with my entry.

god mine is horrible

RedDeath9
09-14-2008, 05:49 PM
I'm in, I guess.

I think we need more judges.

EDIT: Oh, only for submissions :(

AngrySockMonkey
09-14-2008, 06:07 PM
Count me in!

I begin my research and looking up a trillion bands on Youtube now!

chromaticvision
09-14-2008, 09:03 PM
i will most likely submit something.

Its_Rock77
09-21-2008, 12:08 PM
This Is Ninja.Kitty's Song!

Of_Wolves
09-23-2008, 12:31 PM
Here's my entry, Its certainly what I would consider Post-hardcore at least.
Ah Well! I enjoyed composing this so its all good right. :p:

Slaytanic1993
09-24-2008, 09:45 PM
Since I've been writing stuff outside of this, I thought I'd post my song so it doesn't look like I'm neglecting the comp :p:.

bloodshed344
09-24-2008, 10:00 PM
I think I'll judge.

Thomasoman
09-30-2008, 11:26 AM
Alright, here's my submission. I hope it actually falls somewhere in the post-hardcore genre.

Broadsword
10-04-2008, 01:07 PM
Alright, here's my entry. Not bad at all for someone who has never listened to/written Post-Hardcore before, if I say so myself :p:. Well, I think it's Post-Hardcore, feel free to kick me in the nuts if it's not.

I wasn't sure if we were supposed to add a vocal line or not, so I went ahead and did one. Mute it/adjust volume levels as you please, because I'm still kind of sketchy of it.

craxymaxy
10-04-2008, 09:15 PM
Here is my entry, hope you like :) just flowed out of me like musical diarrhea :eek:

Edit: added GP4

gonzaw
10-05-2008, 05:30 PM
Here is my entry, hope you like :) just flowed out of me like musical diarrhea :eek:

Edit: added GP4

One thing I don't get..

How are you supposed to play the piano parts?
In less that 2 notes it ranges like and octave...

craxymaxy
10-05-2008, 06:50 PM
They werent really written with playability in mind seeing as i really don't know much about piano. I guess you can just get a friend to help you out :p:

When i was writing this i was looking at it from a recorded angle and not live, so it should be doable with studio magic haha.

gonzaw
10-05-2008, 06:52 PM
It sounds more like a guitar part :p:
You can always make the notes in the same octave, so you can at least play them with your left hand...

Regression
10-06-2008, 03:39 AM
It's possible, just very very very hard.

And remember, we have a thread for discussion. :no:

Edit: Okay, I'm attaching my entry to this. It's awful, but I have to submit something. I'm embarassed to even associate my name with it. :(

I couldn't come up with any decent chorus, so just stuck in that one, and yeahh. Judges can skip the repeat, and the outro is only a little variation. Copy and paste ftw? Not in this case. :(

I vote we do an acoustic competition next. I have been coming up with alot of cool acoustic things lately, although I've been adding lots of strings and flutes. Yeahh, it's off to bed now, and tommorow I get yelled at for not writing my speech/failing my exams. YAYYYYYYYYYYYYY!

GP 5.0 and Midi. Import midi if you only have GP4.

metalminded07
10-10-2008, 11:13 AM
i'll be a judge

ctb
10-11-2008, 05:21 PM
ok, i've ended mine and submitting it before i forget about the deadline. :p:

GP5/4/.midi.

Its_Rock77
10-14-2008, 12:26 AM
sounds kinda semicool in my opinion. not really a contest winner but I'm satisfied. ;)

I suppose I should be getting to judging now. I promise that I'll get all my scores in as soon as possible. :D

and I didn't bother with the midi since it's impossible for me to win anyways. but if anyone really wants me to put it up let me know. :peace:

Its_Rock77
10-17-2008, 11:56 PM
if you are a judge, get judging. :peace: