Groove/thrash metal [gp5,gp4,midi]

PDA

View Full Version : Groove/thrash metal [gp5,gp4,midi]

Pingis_Or_Death
09-14-2008, 02:10 PM
A groovy thrash metal song I made. And yes, I am aware that it sounds quite a bit like Pantera/Exhorder. Umm...nothing else really. Comments are appreciated.

Graveworm
09-14-2008, 02:28 PM
It is catchy but it just lack something for me.

conroy91
09-15-2008, 07:11 PM
the bass part needs work
You wrote it as a six string O.o
haha i like the main riff but the rest is just too much for me : \

Pingis_Or_Death
09-16-2008, 10:22 AM
the bass part needs work
You wrote it as a six string O.o
haha i like the main riff but the rest is just too much for me : \
Yes I did. Your point being? I wrote it as a six string and made it an octave lower than the guitar so that i could copy paste the guitar riffs and not have to type in all the basslines. Thus, the bass is playing the same as the guitar (except no powerchords).

BKGMorley
09-16-2008, 02:09 PM
Yes I did. Your point being? I wrote it as a six string and made it an octave lower than the guitar so that i could copy paste the guitar riffs and not have to type in all the basslines. Thus, the bass is playing the same as the guitar (except no powerchords).

Go easy pingis. u just attacked that guy for no reason

Pingis_Or_Death
09-16-2008, 03:35 PM
Go easy pingis. u just attacked that guy for no reason
I wouldn't say I attacked him. I just thought it was a bit weird that he thought that the bass part needed more work when it was just a regular "play what the guitarist plays" basspart which is frequently used in thrash metal for instance. His comment on the song wasn't that constructive either, I simply felt slightly pissed that he listened to my song but only complained about the bass...
Sorry if I'm bumping my thread here or something but I'm feeling abit desperate because of the lack of constructive replys, and feel that there is a need for me to answer these accusations which have been made towards me.
(wow, that sounded freaking weird).

ctfod
09-17-2008, 09:13 AM
I thought it had really good ideas but got a little repetitive. It reminds me of Chimaira, and I reckon that vocals could really help it out. the solo was good and kind of crazy, but it gave it some more variety because it sounded like it was building up to a pure shredder of a solo. Tempo change was good and made it sound heavier, but when it went back to the normal tempo it sounded a little awkward. But, overall I thought it was good.

lionslicer9999
09-17-2008, 04:16 PM
Sounds like an off-time pantera song.

Camm
09-17-2008, 05:25 PM
Overall I liked the song. The intro riff was pretty rockin' and the timing change around Bar 40 or something was pretty awesome; although you played it out too long.

I didn't like the solo very much but it wasn't terrible. I liked the timing change after the solo, it fit really well.

Overall the song didn't have an astounding amount variety but it was pretty well done. The thrashy parts were good although some of the bars you tied made the beat nearly trip and fall.

The outro breakdown was cool, but it went on far too long.

Your drums were well executed too, although your bass isn't anything to write home about.

7.5/10 for me, review mine? It's not your metal song but maybe you'll enjoy it.

http://www.ultimate-guitar.com/forum/showthread.php?t=960056

BKGMorley
09-22-2008, 12:10 AM
I wouldn't say I attacked him. I just thought it was a bit weird that he thought that the bass part needed more work when it was just a regular "play what the guitarist plays" basspart which is frequently used in thrash metal for instance. His comment on the song wasn't that constructive either, I simply felt slightly pissed that he listened to my song but only complained about the bass...
Sorry if I'm bumping my thread here or something but I'm feeling abit desperate because of the lack of constructive replys, and feel that there is a need for me to answer these accusations which have been made towards me.
(wow, that sounded freaking weird).

Yeah ok, i supose thats fair enough. You seem to very well known around here, simply becasue of the amount of threads and posts you have. Anyway heres my coment:

The intro is 100% head nodding material. at 14 when it picks up the pace abit, it losses abit of grooveyness but its still sick metal riffage. the transition into 23 was ok. 41 is KILLER. groove masterpeice. the solo was pretty good, it was slower than ur other one. which i appreciated. the return to 41 on 102 was sweet and i loved the drumming on 107.

all in all its a good song. 8.5/10 but i'd like to hear this one recorded

whalepudding
09-23-2008, 03:19 AM
I loved it. It sounds a lot like Exhorder. There weren't really any bad riffs, they were all really good and worked perfectly where they were. The main riff had a great groove to it, the faster riff was awesome, the slower one was really heavy. can't really pick out any favourite riffs, since they're all awesome, but I did love the outro breakdown, and the fast verse riff is awesome. The tempo changes worked really well, instead of breaking the flow like in some songs it just makes it heavier when it gets slower and more brutal when it gets faster. The solo wasn't too great, I think it should have been a kind of climax which it wasn't IMO, but it wasn't too bad. The main riff sounded great used during the song, but for some reason it didn't sound great as an intro riff IMO. When I first heard it I thought "eh it's alright", but when I heard it again later throughout the song I thought it was awesome for some reason. The only other thing I didn't like it the repeditiveness, I think putting in a few other riffs or having a different outro riff or something would make it a lot better.

Do ya think you could crit my song? It's on the first page I think, called "The Burial Of Man".

CapnKickass
09-23-2008, 05:07 PM
All the riffs are good, but I got pretty bored after a bit. ^They've said it all already.

IamBeast
09-24-2008, 04:39 AM
yeah, it was OK, the solo was giving me an ethnic vibe the breakdown part was the best bit when you slowed your tempo, got a bit repetitive but it was solid.
C4c
http://www.ultimate-guitar.com/forum/showthread.php?p=16409807#post16409807