Stuck, where to go with song I'm writing.

PDA

View Full Version : Stuck, where to go with song I'm writing.

RabbidWolf
09-14-2008, 08:51 PM
Well I'm trying to write a little instrumental, I'm writing it out in power tab. I'm kind of stuck as to how I should move this along, this is the very first piece of music I have ever put together. I'm proud of it, so please don't bash me if you think it's horrible, just give me some suggestions, I'd appreciate that. Now I'm not too good on music theory, at all actually, so is the first note or chord I play is what key the song is in? If someone could take a look and tell me. Oh and while we're at it, if someone can suggest scales to use to make a solo for this song?

http://www.fileden.com/files/2007/10/1/1475545/Project%20Song.tg

I really hope that works to download..

Oh and I only got like 45 sec into making it, so it's still a baby :p:

Andrewbiles
09-15-2008, 10:04 AM
What's a .tg file?
Sorry, but I'm not downloading that.

Zip it and add it to your post as an attachment.

raevin
09-15-2008, 11:00 AM
I'm not going to download it either...but, to answe a question or two you have...

Now I'm not too good on music theory, at all actually, so is the first note or chord I play is what key the song is in?

That's generally how it works, but it doesn't have to be. A lot of songs break the norm and only follow one scale at certain times (verse, chorus, etc...).

Oh and while we're at it, if someone can suggest scales to use to make a solo for this song?

First, you should learn scales (if you haven't) and music theory...or learn them along with doing this song. It'll help out A LOT. As for suggesting a scale...the C major scale is usually the easiest.

emad
09-15-2008, 12:10 PM
It's tuxguitar file.
Feel free to download it.It's safe.

raevin
09-15-2008, 12:19 PM
It's tuxguitar file.
Feel free to download it.It's safe.
I'd suggest actually saving it as a Guitar Pro or ProTab, seeing as how GP won't open TG files, but will import PT files. Also because not everyone uses TuxGuitar.