Sounds a bit like a heavy metal love song...

PDA

View Full Version : Sounds a bit like a heavy metal love song...

Random3
09-15-2008, 05:21 PM
No words yet feedback much appreciated :)

Ze_Metal
09-15-2008, 08:23 PM
Awesome song, I suppose if the girl likes metal this could be a wedding song, haha. Okay, when I review I usually give little tips to maybe spice it up a bit, if you don't mind I have one suggestion that sounds pretty good (to me at least).

Bars 1 through 9, great intro I thought. Sets the mood really.

Bars 9 and 10. As simple as this gets, it fits perfectly. My TINY suggestion here is that for the palm muted F# in bar 10, just that one note. Add a D on the 5th string, to me personally it made a big difference and stood out a bit more. However you may not like the sound it creates, give it a try though.

Bars 17 through 32. Once again, simple but effective. Very thrash-like, I adore thrash. Everything fits perfectly.

Bars 33 through 39, the notes seem a little low to me. It still works and sounds great though.

Bars 57 through 64. Man, you're the king at simple riffs that sound awesome. Nothing bad to say about this, flows nice and sounds amazing. Climax of the song, in my opinion.

Bars 97 through 112. I was a little worried about this part of the song, I thought you were going to blow it but once all the other instruments kicked in at 101 it really sounded nice. Again nothing bad to say.

That's pretty much it. The ending wasn't as good as the rest of the song, but it fit well. Overall it's probably one of the better songs I downloaded from this forum. Don't add lyrics, this is perfect for an instrumental.

Finally, my rate.

9/10. If I could rate any higher, it would have to be a perfect song. This is close to it. I loved it. Great job, I'll be looking for some more songs from you!

Random3
09-16-2008, 03:18 AM
Awesome song, I suppose if the girl likes metal this could be a wedding song, haha. Okay, when I review I usually give little tips to maybe spice it up a bit, if you don't mind I have one suggestion that sounds pretty good (to me at least).

Bars 1 through 9, great intro I thought. Sets the mood really.

Bars 9 and 10. As simple as this gets, it fits perfectly. My TINY suggestion here is that for the palm muted F# in bar 10, just that one note. Add a D on the 5th string, to me personally it made a big difference and stood out a bit more. However you may not like the sound it creates, give it a try though.

Bars 17 through 32. Once again, simple but effective. Very thrash-like, I adore thrash. Everything fits perfectly.

Bars 33 through 39, the notes seem a little low to me. It still works and sounds great though.

Bars 57 through 64. Man, you're the king at simple riffs that sound awesome. Nothing bad to say about this, flows nice and sounds amazing. Climax of the song, in my opinion.

Bars 97 through 112. I was a little worried about this part of the song, I thought you were going to blow it but once all the other instruments kicked in at 101 it really sounded nice. Again nothing bad to say.

That's pretty much it. The ending wasn't as good as the rest of the song, but it fit well. Overall it's probably one of the better songs I downloaded from this forum. Don't add lyrics, this is perfect for an instrumental.

Finally, my rate.

9/10. If I could rate any higher, it would have to be a perfect song. This is close to it. I loved it. Great job, I'll be looking for some more songs from you!

thanks a load mate, most helpful feedback anyone had given me :D

i tried adding the D on bar 10 and i personally didnt think it fitted in but i'll have another fiddle around with it.

once again, cheers for the constructive feedback!

Zora 182
09-16-2008, 09:15 PM
Not bad.
Although I found it to be very repetitious.
nothing wrong with that, If (sorry Ze_Metal, don't agree with you on that one) you add lyrics to them. I like the 2nd prechorus, simple but effective.

What I suggest is to try and get a few more riffs to add, that way the listener is attracted towards the song and wants to find out where it's going. and a solo would be nice, but not necessary.

Overall, good song I enjoyed it. 7/10