Will be seeing MAB live

PDA

View Full Version : Will be seeing MAB live

MustangSVT
09-17-2008, 04:03 PM
I'm so excited for this. I was just at the music shop yesterday (axe music) to get my first guitar lesson, and I saw a sign that Michael Angelo was playing there on friday, so I got me and my friend tickets for only 10 bucks. Can't wait to see this guy this live. I'd of never imagined I would even see him live in my lifetime. :eek:

36mikeyb36
09-17-2008, 04:06 PM
cool, get baked cuz then you'll think Jesus is on stage.

Rob Rock
09-17-2008, 04:08 PM
lucky you... if your able to ask him a question can u ask, Why dont you ever change your hair style??

umbrellacorp
09-17-2008, 04:12 PM
I'm so excited for this. I was just at the music shop yesterday (axe music) to get my first guitar lesson, and I saw a sign that Michael Angelo was playing there on friday, so I got me and my friend tickets for only 10 bucks. Can't wait to see this guy this live. I'd of never imagined I would even see him live in my lifetime. :eek:
Be careful not to get stabbed by his new pointy 18 necked guitar.

VortexOfSouls
09-17-2008, 04:13 PM
10 bucks?! Now that's a deal!

MustangSVT
09-17-2008, 04:30 PM
10 bucks?! Now that's a deal!
Yea it was 10 bucks per ticket, so 20 bucks for the two of us. Crazy, am I right? I'm going to Metallica in december and those tickets cost 80 bucks each (in comparison).

Anyway this should be pretty good. I hope he plays that song "The Finish Line" I think it's called, I really like that one.

I don't think his music is the best ever, but I do enjoy some of his songs, and for only 10 bucks, I couldn't pass up.

:peace: :peace:

MustangSVT
09-20-2008, 02:16 AM
Just came back from seeing him. It was amazing. The guy's speed and shredding overall is ridiculous to the max. I still have no clue how he was doing it. Very nice and respectful guy, played some songs as tribute to Randy Rhoads and Led Zep too.

Overall, he came across as one of the nicest and humble musicians I have ever seen in person.

He signed stuff for everyone at the end (there was only 100 people). I got a poster signed by him that says "To Alex" (my name) and also got my guitar signed by him. I am very impressed with how nice the guy was, an extremely memorable experience for me to meet one of the best shredders of all time (and one of my idols really). Rock on! :peace: :peace: :peace:

Nacho Cheese!
09-20-2008, 08:01 AM
Congrats on getting a signature and all. I might swing seeing him sometime. I'm just not really that into him. I like other guitarists so much more then him that it is hard to listen to much of his music.

Also, good luck on working through learning to play. It can be difficult at times, but it isn't really bad though.

ZylitoL
09-20-2008, 11:02 AM
I wouldn't mind seeing him @ $10 a pop...payed the same for Herman Li.

I guess he's working on controlling his ego I suppose...the guy has gotten so much shit (not all of which is warranted though) regarding that.

DaFjory
09-20-2008, 01:45 PM
^ Concrete examples of this "ego"?

ZylitoL
09-20-2008, 02:04 PM
Well, I'm not really saying I really agree with the sentiment, but on Petrucci forums and other places, MAB gets a lot of flack for his ego. Or so I've heard.

Which I couldn't care less about...as long as a guy makes solid music pleasing to my ears, I don't care how much he goes around boasting and flailing his dick around.

Not that this is much a case for Mike, as I only really heard No Boundaries and am not compelled to explore more.

Nacho Cheese!
09-20-2008, 02:10 PM
I've never seen any ego personally. I think some people are just jealous. And really a good thing about MAB is I think pretty much all his shows are small venues like the one TS went to.

David_Bowie=GOD
09-20-2008, 07:55 PM
I've never seen any ego personally. I think some people are just jealous. And really a good thing about MAB is I think pretty much all his shows are small venues like the one TS went to.

I like this, but I dont think he could sell out a whole stadium like many other shredders like malmsteen(who I hate), Vai, and Satch. I wouldn't mind seeing him for 10 bucks, even though I dont really like his music that much.

TheShred201
09-20-2008, 09:25 PM
^ Concrete examples of this "ego"?

I can attest to it, from two years back, but I'd prefer not to do it in public as I don't like giving guitarists bad names....then again, it's partly how people interpreted what he said. I didn't find him nearly as bad as a lot of people that were at the concert with me did, but w/e.